Sign in to follow this  
Yonkon

Sauna, Strong Determination Sitting and Microdosing LSD

Through random circumstances i ended up in a wellness resort with less than a half tab of 1P-LSD.

The Plan: Combine strong determination sitting with the hot sauna and the ice cold pool afterwards while under the influence of lsd to reach a deep level of relaxation.  

I tried s.d.s. meditation before, so i knew it it could be a pain in the ass if you do it for longer than 1 hour.

What I experienced in the sauna while sitting and focusing entirely on my body was a deep pain. Especially in the Stomach and in the Throat.

After 15 Minutes i felt something like a pulsating cramp inside of my stomach, probably synced  to my heartbeat. My whole body burned and i had thoughts like: 

- "this is self harm"

- "this is enough, i reached my goal"

- "this is boring and useless"

- "people going to notice that you are doing weird stuff"

I let them pass and stayed in the sauna for another 10 or so Minutes before i had to leave.

Slowly i walked through the garden that connected the sauna with the ice cold pool. The garden had a very Utopian feel it, very peacefull and positive.

When i sunk my body in to the water, time froze. Everything was incredible still. Through the extreme contrast of hot and cold, my body awareness exploded when i entered the water. This lead to the ability to completely and immediately relax my body to a astonishing deep level. At that pointed it seemed to me that my awareness of time was deeply connected to my body awareness/relaxation. Slowly i moved through the water, like a giant on the moon. I practiced the Tadasana Pose  and relaxed even deeper. Every Breath was like a full length movie, really crazy stuff. 

I stayed in the Sauna Resort for more than 5 Hours and repeated the process very often. At the end of the day i was very exhausted, but felt very good and deeply relaxed. Sadly this lasted not longer than 2 days but i gained some insights:

- sitting for a very long time without moving  while applying awareness to all uprising sensations is very curative and transforming

- microdosing can be fun 

- My sense of time is somehow connected to the state of my body

In the future i want to reach these kind of states without drugs and without a sauna. I don't know how, so every help is appreciated. Also i want to slowly upgrade my daily meditation practice to 2 hours strong determination. Currently i am at 30 min. 

Do you got any similar experiences to share? What is your opinion on Microdosing, Drugs and Strong Determination Sitting?

Also i am interested in understanding my experiences in a broader spiritual context, what was i really experiencing?  

Thanks for reading, i am grateful for every new perspective. 

I've had some experiences meditating on drugs and also going on silent meditation retreats. Both can give you 'deep' experiences, and although I think it was worth pursuing them at the time, if I could go back to my younger self I would suggest that I put my efforts in to a far more body centered practice.

When I used to smoke a lot of cannabis we used to try out an an experiment every night of how fucked could we get. And after a lot of experimentation, we found that answer was - very fucked.

There are always deeper, more extreme states you can go for, but after that one, where do you go next?

What I always wanted though, was a greater sense of well being during my every day life. For me now, it starts with the body. Having a tai chi or qi gong practice helps loosen up all the emotional tension in your body, which then leads to a better experience of life. This has been a much more rewarding direction than chasing ever deeper states.

However, if that is where you motivation lies at the moment, then perhaps you should follow it. To that end, just go on a silent retreat where you meditate for 8 hours a day, and a number of questions will then be answered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Miffymog

I definitly can see that this "Experience Chasing" is a dead end in it's own. 

so you're saying that it's more worthwhile to steadily and progressivly heighten your well beeing thourgh body practices? I think that sounds like a more grounded approach than chasing the next mindfuck :D

Currently i am trying to get into hatha yoga, hopefully this will help me to let go of my experience craving. 

On 10/21/2018 at 4:17 AM, Yonkon said:

Through random circumstances i ended up in a wellness resort with less than a half tab of 1P-LSD.

The Plan: Combine strong determination sitting with the hot sauna and the ice cold pool afterwards while under the influence of lsd to reach a deep level of relaxation.  

I tried s.d.s. meditation before, so i knew it it could be a pain in the ass if you do it for longer than 1 hour.

What I experienced in the sauna while sitting and focusing entirely on my body was a deep pain. Especially in the Stomach and in the Throat.

After 15 Minutes i felt something like a pulsating cramp inside of my stomach, probably synced  to my heartbeat. My whole body burned and i had thoughts like: 

- "this is self harm"

- "this is enough, i reached my goal"

- "this is boring and useless"

- "people going to notice that you are doing weird stuff"

I let them pass and stayed in the sauna for another 10 or so Minutes before i had to leave.

Slowly i walked through the garden that connected the sauna with the ice cold pool. The garden had a very Utopian feel it, very peacefull and positive.

When i sunk my body in to the water, time froze. Everything was incredible still. Through the extreme contrast of hot and cold, my body awareness exploded when i entered the water. This lead to the ability to completely and immediately relax my body to a astonishing deep level. At that pointed it seemed to me that my awareness of time was deeply connected to my body awareness/relaxation. Slowly i moved through the water, like a giant on the moon. I practiced the Tadasana Pose  and relaxed even deeper. Every Breath was like a full length movie, really crazy stuff. 

I stayed in the Sauna Resort for more than 5 Hours and repeated the process very often. At the end of the day i was very exhausted, but felt very good and deeply relaxed. Sadly this lasted not longer than 2 days but i gained some insights:

- sitting for a very long time without moving  while applying awareness to all uprising sensations is very curative and transforming

- microdosing can be fun 

- My sense of time is somehow connected to the state of my body

Sitting in awareness is meditation, I suspect you knew that was somehow healing and transforming. Small doses of LSD can be fun, if you didn't know that you wouldn't have had the LSD in the first place. Same with the fact that our sense of time is related to the body... we grow and age, get impatient, etc...  I point this out because it's my opinion and experience that drugs often give us the impression that they are providing some valuable insights when we generally do not need drugs for that. They just enhance and distort sensory perception. With proper guidance they can provide some healing properties but it's mostly entertainment, IMO.

In the future i want to reach these kind of states without drugs and without a sauna. I don't know how, so every help is appreciated. Also i want to slowly upgrade my daily meditation practice to 2 hours strong determination. Currently i am at 30 min. 

Meditation progress should not be measured in time but in depth.

Masters generally recommend starting with frequent, short periods of excellent quality practice and slowly building.

If you are not already doing so, I would highly recommend getting some expert guidance in your practice.

Meditation can yield profound results but when practiced without guidance, the results are usually superficial.

Meditation should not require "strong determination," as that degree of force is anathema to what the meditative state is.

There should be a degree of playfulness, relaxation, and ultimately effortlessness.

Do you got any similar experiences to share? What is your opinion on Microdosing, Drugs and Strong Determination Sitting?

I've had lots of similar experiences.

For me, the conclusion is that the drugs are a distraction and generally take us in the wrong direction.

Strong Determination Sitting does not seem to be the way to go - I've seen many people injured by forced sitting such as in Goenke style Vipassana retreats.

Also i am interested in understanding my experiences in a broader spiritual context, what was i really experiencing?  

Mostly the effects of the drug magnifying insights that were already there and readily accessible without drugs.

At least that's been my experience.

Thanks for reading, i am grateful for every new perspective. 

I hope I don't come off as too critical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/21/2018 at 1:17 AM, Yonkon said:

Hi Yonkon,

I'm just a visiting Bum, but sounds like a nice experience.

I belong to the local Y, pretty much purely for the sauna and steam room.  I find both to be excellent for warming up my muscles, so that my body gets extremely relaxed, and it's easy to stretch.  Throw in a little cannabis, and the result is multiplied.

I haven't tried microdosing, and I'm not really a meditator, beyond stretching.  But I've found that combination to be very useful for unwinding my body.  Even if it doesn't become your practice, I don't see why it can't complement it.

@steve

Thank you! Believe it or not, your post is very valuable to me.

I like your idea that progress should be measured in depth, not in time. I noticed that my meditation became stale and forced, i thought that i just have to meditate longer to fix that but your explanation is so much more fitting and makes more sense to me.

I will stop to force my way to peace with strong determination, i resonated with your post.

But i have to disagree with you on the whole "Drugs can't bring you new insights" thing. Maybe the insights are already there, but i wasn't aware of them. The Micro-Dose (and Trips) made me aware of them, "pulled them out of my unconsciousness" i could say. 

But i have to think about it some more. Maybe Drugs are really just for entertainment, but i can't shake the feeling that they are valuable tools if used wisely. I noticed that here on this forum there is a wide range of opinions on that matter. Very interesting, hopefully one day i will know the truth :)

@Otis

I just had to google what local Y meant, but now i know. Seems like a very good reason to me to belong to the local y.

For me the best thing isn't the sauna, but the cooling pool afterwards. The contrast really makes a Difference, maybe you can shower for a while with ice cold water after the sauna. I highly recommend it. 

27 minutes ago, Yonkon said:

@steve

Thank you! Believe it or not, your post is very valuable to me.

:wub:

But i have to disagree with you on the whole "Drugs can't bring you new insights" thing. Maybe the insights are already there, but i wasn't aware of them. The Micro-Dose (and Trips) made me aware of them, "pulled them out of my unconsciousness" i could say. 

But i have to think about it some more. Maybe Drugs are really just for entertainment, but i can't shake the feeling that they are valuable tools if used wisely. I noticed that here on this forum there is a wide range of opinions on that matter. Very interesting, hopefully one day i will know the truth :)

I think there is truth in your disagreement.

My opinion is biased by my own experience with drugs.

I think they have a role in showing us that our conditioned perspective and experience are limiting and partial.

They can also show us subtle associations that may be overlooked in our sobriety, which is often confused and distracted.

I've had occasional powerful and truly insightful experiences.

My negativity is a result of my own challenges in dealing with drugs, cannabis in particular.

If used as a sacrament, I think there is some value.

My tendency is too use it in an abusive and addictive fashion when it is readily available.

That's on me and something I'm overcoming through meditation.

There's nothing inherently wrong with frequent use of cannabis but it becomes a dysfunctional and distracting influence in my own life.

The growth I've experienced through a dedicated meditation practice is far more powerful and transformative than any growth I've experienced through drug use with a few rare exceptions.

I wish you well in discovering its role in your own life.

I don't think it's static but rather something that will evolve over time.

That's been my experience.

Edited by steve
  • Like 2

@steve

I also had my experience with cannabis, for me it developed very fast to an addiction. One day I decided to throw all weed in to the thrash and that's it. The Problem with weed is that you just get attached so fast.

It's a lot harder to get addicted to psychedelics like shrooms or lsd, although of course possible.

From my first Shroom Trip i got the motivation to visit a theraphist, While i was on LSD i found my Life Purpose. So for me it really helped me out. 

I hope you pull through, i wish you very well.

• Like 1

This might be a bit hypocritical since the OP is doing something I might try myself, but I hope it occurs to all of us that a hot sauna and some of them get very hot, can be dangerous (ie hospitalization or death) if you stay in too long.  Using a drug that turns off your sense of time or possibly knocks you out, inside one might not be a good idea.  Certainly not without another person backing you up. 

Micro-dosing is subtle but you'd want prior experience with that exact type and amount before doing something like this and having back up to watch you would be a smart decision.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this