wandelaar

Yinyang by Robin R. Wang

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

Anybody read Yinyang: The Way of Heaven and Earth in Chinese Thought and Culture by Robin R. Wang?

Yes.

2 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Anybody read Yinyang: The Way of Heaven and Earth in Chinese Thought and Culture by Robin R. Wang?

No

7 hours ago, wandelaar said:

I've heard that Yinyang is void, and due to the commutative principal of sound void is also Yinyang. ;)

Edited by Lost in Translation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well - that may have been so in the old days before Taoist Texts proved the General Theory of Relativity wrong. I guess mathematics and physics from now on will have to bow to the supreme authority of ancient Chinese texts and their philologically schooled exegetes... :P

Edited by wandelaar
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Thank you! In that case it must be worth buying. :D

It's a very thorough account of how the yinyang principles are applied in many fields of thought.  It is academic more than practical but gives a very sound introduction to the subject and a lot of detail.  But if it is practice you are after - not much good for that.

6 minutes ago, Apech said:

It's a very thorough account of how the yinyang principles are applied in many fields of thought.  It is academic more than practical but gives a very sound introduction to the subject and a lot of detail.  But if it is practice you are after - not much good for that.

Practice in my case usually follows understanding. And as my current understanding of yinyang is shallow at best, the book might just be the right thing to get my understanding in order.

I am also looking for a good book on chi, as that is another concept I am having difficulty with understanding.

41 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Practice in my case usually follows understanding. And as my current understanding of yinyang is shallow at best, the book might just be the right thing to get my understanding in order.

I am also looking for a good book on chi, as that is another concept I am having difficulty with understanding.

It talks a little about chi (qi) in reference to yinyang.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

I already have a book by Elisabeth Rochat de la Vallée especially on chi. ;)

Maybe try one of Damo Mitchells books for qigong; neigong and so on.

3 minutes ago, Apech said:

Maybe try one of Damo Mitchells books for qigong; neigong and so on.

I will take a look. Thanks! :)