Sign in to follow this  
yuuichi

Does this particular superpower exist, or is it just a myth?

Does anyone remember a U.S. TV show called psychic detectives (or something with a similar name)? The premise of the show is that a ‘psychic’ (I don’t really believe in them, but regardless) is told about a family member that is missing. The psychic detective doesn’t know anything about this person, sometimes not even what they look like. Yet sometimes there is a surprising conclusion to the episode. Perhaps it’s just for show, but is this particular superpower talked about in Buddhist, Vedic or Daoist scripture? I always thought psychics and similar people required at least a photo.

Edited by yuuichi

I would call it "Reality TV".

A lot of different belief systems believe in psychic powers.  I don't and I can't recall anything from Lao Tzu or Chuang Tzu that would indicate that either of them believed in such super-natural powers.

I’m sure those beings had those abilities, but they seemed to be more concerned about liberation/true nature than showing off or talking about such powers. 

8 hours ago, yuuichi said:

Does anyone remember a U.S. TV show called psychic detectives (or something with a similar name)? The premise of the show is that a ‘psychic’ (I don’t really believe in them, but regardless) is told about a family member that is missing. The psychic detective doesn’t know anything about this person, sometimes not even what they look like. Yet sometimes there is a surprising conclusion to the episode. Perhaps it’s just for show, but is this particular superpower talked about in Buddhist, Vedic or Daoist scripture? I always thought psychics and similar people required at least a photo.

Not necessarily. Approaches of different psychics vary. I know an excellent one who requires an image of something that has personal meaning to the individual they are reading about.

For another example, in the Silva Mind Control course (of which I am an graduate), you practice 'remote viewing' of the type that makes statements about an unkown individual of whom you are told their first name, age and location. This is being practised after a few days of alpha state training, which includes various kinds of visualization and psychic projection. Even newbies frequently do astonishingly well making accurate statements about far away strangers. With some practice, the reliability of this yet increases.

I have done that kind of reading on many occasions for people of whom I new next to nothing after exchanging a few posts or chatting with them online for a bit. In other cases, I was expanding on an astrological chart or Tarot reading. Establishing some kind of contact first facilitates the process more than anything else, albeit it's not a requirement. Such as in cases when I was asked to do a third-party reading.  Though in those cases, the person asking for the reading may act as an intermediary for initiating the psychic contact.

Regarding Daoist tradition, I recall reading about related approaches to remote viewing and remote healing in a book by John Blofeld.

• Thanks 1

@Michael Sternbach interesting! I’m not requesting anything, but are you able to remote view people in this forum, even though you don’t have their first name, age nor location? I’m not asking you to do that, but is that your ability?

4 minutes ago, yuuichi said:

@Michael Sternbach interesting! I’m not requesting anything, but are you able to remote view people in this forum, even though you don’t have their first name, age nor location? I’m not asking you to do that, but is that your ability?

Yes, I have done readings for forum members before (with their consent) after building some minor rapport with them. As I mentioned, aforesaid information is not required in every case.

4 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

Yes, I have done readings for forum members before (with their consent) after building some minor rapport with them. As I mentioned, aforesaid information is not required in every case.

What is this reading? As in you can literally see them and their surroundings, or something else?

1 hour ago, yuuichi said:

What is this reading? As in you can literally see them and their surroundings, or something else?

I often see them in my mind's eye pretty much the way they actually look (upon later verification). Sometimes I see certain people and places in their environment as well. However, on some occasions, what I see stands for something non-physical. For instance, I might see somebody with an 'inflated ego' as obese, when in actuality they are not.

My aim in practising this kind of technique is primarily recognizing and aiding physical and psychological disturbances. So besides receiving visual impressions of their physical body (both externally and internally), I tune into the querent's emotional state and get a glimpse of their their thinking, memories, activities, etc.

Besides internal vision, some information comes to me in acoustic and tactile ways as well as by direct empathic resonance. 

Others' mileage may differ.

Edited by Michael Sternbach

We are all part of one universal mind.  Those with their heart and throat (4&5) chakras open, may be able to feel the energy from others remotely.  Those with the 3rd eye open (6th chakra), might be able to see and feel remotely, not just into others in this world, but beings like deities, etc. in other dimensions.  Astral travel might also be possible.  But what we see at this level (6th) is the translation of the underlying energy into vision, by our local mind.

After the crown (7th chakra) is open and subsequently with divine grace, one reaches the light state.  At this state the 7 chakras collapse into a unified field, which is also referred to as inner heart, or the 8th chakra.  At this level, it is not seeing anymore, but a person is expanding to actually be everything there is.

• Like 1

These are not super powers - most people can learn them. 

No - nothing is needed but for someone to think of the person they are asking about - but many are not yet developed enough for that.

These are relatively easy powers to develop.

It is also relatively easy to make all kinds of assumptions once you are fairly proficient.

People use “super powers” all the time without knowing it.

The level of Clairvoyance is depended upon many factors the largest of which is ones neutrality.

It is a siddhi - not to get lost in but easily lost and held by the doing, seeing, healing , “love” drama that often surrounds it.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to practice this skill with the upcoming lottery drawing, please PM me. I will pay for the tickets ! 😄

Everything exists.

You know it is not a super power, because you already know that the super power that is your super power, is to find the person who is never missing from your heart. And you are always together, to fulfill your love for eachother. For that love has no contradiction in it of allowing itself to be fullfilled in all of the physical experiences that ALWAYS yield your togetherness to you by virtue of your being with that person already in your soul essence. So every atom in this universe has the potential of yielding the FULL complete 100% full expression of togetherness with that person. Does it then matter, so much to you, what your life looks like, and trying to define everything as being this or that? Does it matter how that person comes to you? Not if you understand that you are already with that person regardless of what your circumstances may look like. If your core truth is one of sharing an experience with that person, you are already doing that, even when you are thinking you are not, that is still a part of the experience of being with that person, if you allow it to be then the memory can be found in the forgetfulness of who you forget you have always been with, and if that is enough, then you are already with that person. And as you allow yourself to already be with that person, then you can see how you are already with that person. And now that you allow yourself to see how you are already with that person, you will also allow yourself to experience being with that person more. And this can never result in a seperation, it would defie the unchanging laws of existance. Not man made laws, but existential laws of existance that you can be assured you wont suddenly find in contradiction, even as you enter the experiences of dimensions one higher, two higher, three higher, four higher, five highers, ten higher, eleven higher, twelve higher, etc. That is why people come together, and recognize how all of their experiences were ment for eachother. They were not ment for eachother. You are ment for yourself. Because yourself is always already with the person, thing or beings you love and will always love more, in ever expanding fashion. So if you can be that love, in every circumstance, then just being with one person you love more than the entire universe, is but one expression of your eternal nature, and so you recognize, that you will always be more than that. Not to say that that is not good enough, but from your current perspective, it appears to be more than everything you have ever experienced. Because it is, it always is. That is also why when you enter that experience of being with that person more tangibly, physically, more specifically, it will again, be more than everything you have ever experienced, always, more than all that you thought it would be.

That is why psychics don't find the person, just as you don't find the person you love, and then end and die, and the entire universe is over. The end... That is a fairy tale. The truth is that you will be finding that person in ever expanding loving fashion that is higher than one another, ongoingly, eternally, infinitely, 5 billion times per second. So you can relax your cute little mind. And just enjoy the love that is on your heart. For it will always become more. No need to go looking for what you don't have, for everything you need, you will always have, right where you are, whenever you are, as you always are, right here and now. And there is nothing, in all of existance, that is seperate from you. For even in your experience of seperation, you choose to experience, for the purpose connecting ever expanding relationships with who it is you already are. Does that mean you're gonna experience yourself in the same way forever? No the opposite. Ever expanding relationships, meaning, you're always gonna have better relationship with existance, as existance, eternally.

Edited by Everything

On 10/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, Marblehead said:

I would call it "Reality TV".

A lot of different belief systems believe in psychic powers.  I don't and I can't recall anything from Lao Tzu or Chuang Tzu that would indicate that either of them believed in such super-natural powers.

It may be extra sensory, but those sensory experiences are still natural abilities that every human has. May be less physical, less tangible and more subtle, and lao tzu definitely knows about what is subtle in this natural universe. Again, with focus and consistency, every lense can begin to see in the darkest of darkest spaces, and begin to receive light of infinite more stars and galaxies. And maybe your eyes are not sensitive enough to receive that light, but there are sensors that can use the power of consistency and extreme high sensitivity, to receive even the most subtle of lights and form a whole complete fully detailed picture of what is there.

And if it is not of your desire, it is not natural to focus with consistency. And if something is of your desire, it is natural and thus also completely effortless and fully satisfying to focus with consistency.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Everything said:

It may be extra sensory, but those sensory experiences are still natural abilities that every human has.

I'll admit that I am often too critical about things like this but I feel it is important to stay connected to physical reality.  Sure, there are some who have greater abilities than I have.  Just because I can't do it doesn't make it impossible.  But we should question claims that are beyond normal and what seems to be natural.

20 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I'll admit that I am often too critical about things like this but I feel it is important to stay connected to physical reality.  Sure, there are some who have greater abilities than I have.  Just because I can't do it doesn't make it impossible.  But we should question claims that are beyond normal and what seems to be natural.

Well, then you have greater ability than they have. Because using the high sensitive ability to solve murder crimes is really the most stupid and unnatural expression in my personal opinion.

It's like you are someone who is extra sensitive to burn wounds, so you decide, hmmm. Now this is a good opportunity for me to place a lighter under my hand. But oh, hold on! Wait a minute. This would even be more productive if I would soak my hands in gasoline! 

I say that because you could instead be using that ability to align with the infinite intelligence that is the source of all creation. I mean... Do we even have to compare those two? And wonder which one could possibly hold more benefit?

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Yeah, I like to stick with physical reality.  I am a Materialist, after all.

Forget about me intentionally burning myself.  I have accidently done that and it hurts.  I don't like hurts.

23 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, I like to stick with physical reality.  I am a Materialist, after all.

Forget about me intentionally burning myself.  I have accidently done that and it hurts.  I don't like hurts.

And that is the true nature of your eternal being. So here you do not make a seperation between the material and immaterial. And then you blend your physical nature with your non physical greater knowing, and walk as you were intended to be the full you, joyously hand in hand in harmony with your greater knowing of your non physical beings knowing of welness. You become a full wit, not a half wit. A perfect blend of physical and non-physical, in full harmony and joy. 

I want everything to be perfect and good, and that is my nature, that is how I have been created that is how I was born. Thus I cannot accept anything less and still feel good at the same time.Thus, I am all that is good just as everything else is made this way aswell, eternally connected with the desire for well being that is who I am that is my Source. And joy and all the good things that you can possibly even imagine you want and will always deserve. Just like everything else exists from this Source of all creation aswell. As it exists for the purpose of the ever expanding satisfaction that is this eternal journey that we call life. 

So if people want a super power, I would say, look no further, for you already contain everything that you can possibly want. How can you know for sure? Experience what you don't want, and you will always be reminded of what you do want. 

But the most natural and harmonious path is to simply allow yourself to focus on your pure desire, and nothing else, for in that placing of your appreciating attention on what you truely do want, you focus as you intended you would before you came here, on all that you want, you begin to vibrate in harmony with your greater purpose and intent that you had even before you came here, and will join again once you fully expand back into your greater eternal knowing in the experience that people call death. 

Because you deserve all of it. It is only a matter of time before you allow yourself to realize that you always have and will. And how one goes about coming to their greater awareness of it, is always perfect. For you are eternal, and you can never get wrong, and you will never get it done. There is always more and there is always better, that is why it is always fun. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this