Sign in to follow this  
inthe5am

Natural (non toxic) Cosmetics

I consider good manners and impeccable hygiene essential to a cordial daily life.

I'm having trouble finding good products for men that have a good natural impact on my body. Let's just say as I have meditated I have also slowly become more sensitive to the chemicals I have put in and on my body. Anything that goes on my skin eventually absorbs and becomes part of me so I don't want any hazardous chemicals. Does anyone know anything about this?

There is the Environmental Working Group's Cosmetic Ingredient Database that rates the chemicals used in every day products according to safety for your body. 

Please women feel free to post your personal selections as well, it may help us all out. 

• Like 1

Hello. I also tend to use natural or green cosmetics. In terms of shampoo I like Logona, and Weleda shampoos. As for skin lotions, creams and tonics - better to do a self-made cosmetics based on corneotherapy principles. 

Best regards,

Kara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much kara_mia I have been doing a lot of research on this, I am still doing research before I post anything here. I thank you for your input and I will include those ideas in my research. I've never even heard of corneotherapy before. 

Thank you so much!

Guy here, so no cosmetics, but I've been using Tom's of Maine deodorant, it works pretty good.  I'm not using shampoo or much soap these days.  Instead in my daily shower I scrub and rub myself all over.  The idea is that  gentle but vigorous rubbing removes the grit, but keeps the native oils intact. 

I end showers putting the water on max cold, when it hits my hair it immediately thickens and solidifies it.  I used to have dandruff but not since I've been using the cold showers.  My hair looks better for it.  Occasionally I'll use conditioner, but mostly I'll just massage it in the shower, again the theory being keeping the natural oils in tact.  After a shower I have a stiff bristle brush I'll use to comb and massage my scalp.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2018 at 3:14 PM, Nintendao said:

salt crystal deodorant stone is pretty great

"Crystal" deodorants are typically made from mineral salts, such as potassium aluminum sulfate (also known as potassium alum)

It has aluminum in it, I can't use that :/

On 10/30/2018 at 7:22 AM, inthe5am said:

"Crystal" deodorants are typically made from mineral salts, such as potassium aluminum sulfate (also known as potassium alum)

I have seen some DIY deodorants and antiperspirants made with coconut oil, arrowroot powder, clay and essential oils. it might be worth looking for some recipes you can make yourself if you are looking for natural options.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 2:22 PM, inthe5am said:

19 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I have seen some DIY deodorants and antiperspirants made with coconut oil, arrowroot powder, clay and essential oils. it might be worth looking for some recipes you can make yourself if you are looking for natural options.

The truth about alum and aluminium:

https://trueorganicofsweden.com/blogs/blog/natural-potassium-alum-vs-synthetic-aluminum

I don't use deodorant :P

Sign in to follow this