Zen Pig

Where do negative thoughts come from.

4 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I was talking about fear inspired by illusion or delusion.

As you mentioned fear being instinctual, how do you correlate illusion and delusion with instinct?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

As you mentioned fear being instinctual, how do you correlate illusion and delusion with instinct?

(I got myself deeper into this than I should have but I will do my best to clarify my thoughts.)

Illusions and delusions:  imagining things that exist only in one's mind.  They are not real.

However, the illusional or delusional mind views them as real.  Then our instincts kick in to protect us from these imagined fears.

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

(I got myself deeper into this than I should have but I will do my best to clarify my thoughts.)

Illusions and delusions:  imagining things that exist only in one's mind.  They are not real.

However, the illusional or delusional mind views them as real.  Then our instincts kick in to protect us from these imagined fears.

I was only curious. 

I get a sense of what you're pointing at. Thanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

I was only curious. 

I get a sense of what you're pointing at. Thanks. 

Thanks.  Sometimes it takes me longer to find the best words for expressing my thoughts.

• Like 1

curious topic.  Positive and Negative arise with duality.    One might want to know if the early humanoids disguised it, likely not; Just woke up, find some food, take a rest, think about the next kill... go to sleep... repeat.  More mechanically.. or rotational like the heavens above.    Fuxi was said to look above and below and see their connection... but... 

Then, focus shifted to earth below...  

Negativity, IMO, is a judgement about an occurrence, event, or outcome.   So is positive thoughts.  I'd challenge folks to try something for a few weeks:

Look above, what does your heart feel ?

Look below, what does your heart feel ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Look above, what does your heart feel ?

Open and spacious. 

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Look below, what does your heart feel ?

Grounded and centered

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The 3 dantiens have their own minds.

The lower seeks supplement and survival.

The middle seeks experience and purpose.

The above seeks conceptual understanding.

I see my mind as a "systems analyst". It outlays the various logical occurrences and potentialities. Some are positive, some are negative. But they are merely potentials of course changes, not finality of experience.

Where Do Negative Thoughts Come From

They are subconscious and shared collectively, the species history includes a lot of corruption coming from a lack of ability for the species to resolve its problems and the resulting depression, fear, and anger, and the species' inability to become conscious.

How To Eliminate Negative Thoughts
The subconscious has to be made conscious, this involves the awakening and embodying (making permanent) of the solar plexus and heart centre, and also the 3rd eye, all are finally required.   
For instance the power emotions (fear/ anger) emanate from the solar plexus (unawakened unembodied), one has to awaken and abide int he solar plexus first, then surrender the umbrella of fear/anger into it and it will be controlled permanently.   Same for the other 2 centres.  How ?   Merge with the breathing at the belly, later merge with the breathing deep in the solar plexus, become present in the SP.   This takes weeks or months.   Later breath externalised emotions into it.   Roughly the same for other centres.
Secondly the conscious and subconscious must be bridged which involves other techniques, for instance when your mind is negative, you step into your mind and speak to it ... you give a rational and adult response to the negativity in your mind, you speak to the negativity as an adult to a child.
Due to the repression of the subconscious it may also be necessary to do some spontaneous qigong to free it somewhat.

The above are serious techniques for seekers who wish to work deeply, there is another type of answer which is "Remember God in Everything You Do".  This also works and is quick and simple.   It works in a different way.

Edited by rideforever
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

Where Do Negative Thoughts Come From

They are subconscious and shared collectively, the species history includes a lot of corruption coming from a lack of ability for the species to resolve its problems and the resulting depression, fear, and anger, and the species' inability to become conscious.

How To Eliminate Negative Thoughts
The subconscious has to be made conscious, this involves the awakening and embodying (making permanent) of the solar plexus and heart centre, and also the 3rd eye, all are finally required.   
For instance the power emotions (fear/ anger) emanate from the solar plexus (unawakened unembodied), one has to awaken and abide int he solar plexus first, then surrender the umbrella of fear/anger into it and it will be controlled permanently.   Same for the other 2 centres.  How ?   Merge with the breathing at the belly, later merge with the breathing deep in the solar plexus, become present in the SP.   This takes weeks or months.   Later breath externalised emotions into it.   Roughly the same for other centres.
Secondly the conscious and subconscious must be bridged which involves other techniques, for instance when your mind is negative, you step into your mind and speak to it ... you give a rational and adult response to the negativity in your mind, you speak to the negativity as an adult to a child.
Due to the repression of the subconscious it may also be necessary to do some spontaneous qigong to free it somewhat.

The above are serious techniques for seekers who wish to work deeply, there is another type of answer which is "Remember God in Everything You Do".  This also works and is quick and simple.   It works in a different way.

This is a pretty good post. It also describes the process of Kriya Yoga very well. There is not one part of this post that is not Kriya Yoga so it has gotten my attention.

One has to take it easy though as one can not know what is lurking in the subconscious. A good teacher is really needed but rarely found, so we do the best we can the same as eating a camel. One tiny bite at a time. 

What you described are very serious practices with very life altering effects, not for those who are comfortable with where they find themselves as it all will change and I do not just limit this to the internal life, when the internal life changes rest assured so will the external it is unavoidable.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, rideforever said:

Merge with the breathing at the belly, later merge with the breathing deep in the solar plexus, become present in the SP.   This takes weeks or months.   Later breath externalised emotions into it.   Roughly the same for other centres.

yes,  I agree with this, did not know it came from any formal tradition.  I had dumped traditional zen years ago,  and just made up my mind to sit and see for myself without any preconditioned "teachings", (not trying to hammer zen, as i still believe that it has some great qualities and fits my personality)

With that said,  I have experienced the breath, energy moving up by itself from the lower hara/danden, naturally to the second danden, to heart, up through neck to top of head and back down.  If I tried to make this happen it would stop.  got to let go and just watch it happen naturally.  and yes, it does seem that especially opening up the heart area is very helpful. 

This kind of thing makes me feel better about this path,  as being a skeptic by nature, I tend to question if a process is natural or something I learned and am just imagining it due to being pre conditioned.  but having felt it happen, (and this is both a physical and energetic experience), and then reading of others experience tells me that this is very profound. thanks for the comments.

• Like 2

Meditation heals very profoundly, opens all the channels, and allows one to experience true appreciation and the emotional feeling indicating your true deep heart felt appreciating. 

I like the belly meditation as mentioned by rideforever. 

To find a place of comfort to focus upon is essential in meditation. The belly seems thus ideal. 

I think they come from prisons, drug dealers, drug consumers, most from people suffering and living in abuse, stressful situations, vicious situations. I agree with the fellow who said we share our thoughts collectively.

Edited by Capivaro