Sign in to follow this  
Megantara

I think i have my solar plexus energy blocked, any advice?

So, 2 days ago finally i started to feel my dantien, and feel energy from my crown swirling down to a small area behind my navel in whirlpool like sensation (starting wide, then gets smaller). I usually meditate for1 hrs a day, but with this new discovery, i meditate for about 2 hours a day. Today i feel dull pain, and shortness of breath whenever i start to meditate, or whenever i'm aware/think of dantien location. I feel better when i do activities that distracts me from dantien, but i had to sit/rest sometime, and that feeling on my solar plexus returns, and is a bit disturbing.

Note:

1. following "Awaken the Healing Light" by Mantak Chia, i feel better when i bring my awareness to ming men point, but it only work short term (10mins to 1 hour of relieve)

2. As i don't feel anything on ming men point, and i'm not aware yet of that point, i used my finger touching that point to bring my awareness there, so i'm not practicing normal meditation posture (my left hand, index finger touches ming men, right hand on normal position)

3. Is there something i do wrong? (i'm always making sure that i meditate gentle and not forcing anything, and stop whenever i feel discomfort)

4. I burp a lot now

Thank you

Edited by Megantara

omg, it looks serious, thank you for showing right direction

Edit:

Wow, i feel refreshed after some short walk, so this is what is called grounding, and i guess thats the reason why there are some that state we should do walking meditation as completing/closing sequence? i'm gonna take longer stroll outside... thank you.

Edited by Megantara

2 hours ago, Megantara said:

So, 2 days ago finally i started to feel my dantien, and feel energy from my crown swirling down to a small area behind my navel in whirlpool like sensation (starting wide, then gets smaller). I usually meditate for1 hrs a day, but with this new discovery, i meditate for about 2 hours a day.

First thing is don't react to experiences and sensations.  Clearly it is nice to have experiences as you feel you are getting somewhere - but just let them come and go and maintain normal practice - so I would go back to 1 hour a day if this is comfortable.

Today i feel dull pain, and shortness of breath whenever i start to meditate, or whenever i'm aware/think of dantien location. I feel better when i do activities that distracts me from dantien, but i had to sit/rest sometime, and that feeling on my solar plexus returns, and is a bit disturbing.

If you feel pain (I am assuming in solar plexus area) then first go to doctor to get it checked out as not being physical.  But most likely if it is dull and not acute it is tension.  You may feel quite relaxed but tension is like onion skins which exists in successive layers and may be deep seated and need to be released slowly and sensitively.  Best thing is focus gently on breathing, the movement of the diaphragm and so on - every time you detect tension in body deliberately let go on out breath.

You may have 'sick qi' or some kind of obstruction - which would point to more Sung Breathing or opening of energy gates type water practice - but don't over do it.  

Note:

1. following "Awaken the Healing Light" by Mantak Chia, i feel better when i bring my awareness to ming men point, but it only work short term (10mins to 1 hour of relieve)

2. As i don't feel anything on ming men point, and i'm not aware yet of that point, i used my finger touching that point to bring my awareness there, so i'm not practicing normal meditation posture (my left hand, index finger touches ming men, right hand on normal position)

3. Is there something i do wrong? (i'm always making sure that i meditate gentle and not forcing anything, and stop whenever i feel discomfort)

4. I burp a lot now

Thank you

Mantak Chia books are the cause of a steady stream of people coming here with problems.  So treat with care.

I would suggest maintaining normal hand posture and not touching ming men - but then I'm not quite clear why you want to do that anyway - so .....

Gentle - not forcing is right I think.  But I would suggest either find a local teacher (can be difficult) or read more books by different authors and generally research more on qi gong and the structure of the subtle body, channels and so on.

Just my thoughts.

Best wishes. 

A.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ok, so i feel much better now, if not back to my normal self... i find qigong brings me health and mental stability, that i might overdo it, so i conclude that the chi i felt/gather got stuck, or not stored properly in dantien (please correct me, i'm not sure). Which brings next question:

How do i store chi in dan tien, is bringing awareness to dantien not enough to put it in, or am i missing something?

thank you

32 minutes ago, Megantara said:

ok, so i feel much better now, if not back to my normal self... i find qigong brings me health and mental stability, that i might overdo it, so i conclude that the chi i felt/gather got stuck, or not stored properly in dantien (please correct me, i'm not sure). Which brings next question:

How do i store chi in dan tien, is bringing awareness to dantien not enough to put it in, or am i missing something?

thank you

Opinions vary a lot on what to do with the LDT (I assume you meant the lower dantien).  The first and in many ways the hardest is to locate it.  Having located it - resting your attention there is helpful.

The operation of the Lower Dantien is to convert jing to qi.  You don't, in my opinion, have to store qi but rather in the first instance guard the three treasures - in other words prevent leakage and dissipation through healthy living, good conduct and calming the mind.  Beyond that learn to rest the mind naturally on the LDT and use breathing as a 'bridge' for this - as per natural abdominal breathing (which is actually diaphragmatic breathing but isn't often called this) - then clearing blockages - physical tension, energy blocks, emotional tightness and so on - until qi circulates naturally.  Obviously qi gong exercises are important for this.

I am against the idea of packing or storing qi in the LDT - but many will tell you this is needed to power up or whatever - and possibly at more advanced stages this might be helpful in some way for some people.  From my own experience all exercises are based on the bodies natural reaction to qi movement - even something like vase breathing where you hold the breath at the end of the in-breath just happens without artificially inducing it when the energy starts to move.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Apech's post is excellent. I'd add that developing tension in the solar plexus is very common and something that cultivators gradually work through (think years of daily practice). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, i mean lower dan tien. My current goal is to attain microcosmic orbit, or maybe to enjoy the journey to reach it. At first i was sceptic about this chi thingy, but when i try  it and all persistent problem with my back and neck disappear, i got hooked and wanting to know more and more. But as most said, its hard to find genuine teacher that really know about energy works. Most places i visit only focus on the form (eg physical excercise). Again, thank you for all your support, from this i learnt new thing like Zou huo ru mo

Case closed

• Like 1

Can just gently breathe in and out of the SP until you feel present there ( a little bit like the heart but much more subtle and primal) ... can use hands in a expanding contracting motion.   Also can dredge out negative energy, and also can cut cords often connected there.

• Like 2

Watch this and visualise the yellow chakra in the sp, growing clearing, then merge with it so that you "I" is in the sp.   Maintain the connection during activity.

On 15. 10. 2018 at 4:38 PM, StormHealer said:

Apech's post is excellent. I'd add that developing tension in the solar plexus is very common and something that cultivators gradually work through (think years of daily practice). 

A course on what my qigong teacher calls daoist breathing (where one breath with whole torso except for front ribcage to prevent overstimulation of heart) helped me a lot with relaxing my belly and stuff. Although now I realize that it isnt the same as solar plexus... hm. Well, still deep belly breathin can't hurt.

• Like 1

https://imgur.com/a/miVUbns

A  good bit of info for working with LDT from Damo Mitchell's Nei Gong book.  Order of pages is top to bottom, my bad.

In his system LDT has to be worked in parallel with WuJi posture, which is kind of like plugging the body into the Earth's electric circuit.  I don't have a complete grasp of it at the moment.

Edited by Aspen

Sign in to follow this