Yonkon

New User here, music fanatic and also confused

Hey Folks, i have to start this topic so i can use the forum so here we go.

My user name is based on my favorite tea. Any tea fans here?

Also i like music. I originally started to meditate to enhance my music listening experience, didn't work so far. But i accidentally activated this kundalini stuff (i believe) so now i try to awaken to the truth so my body can calm the fuck down. Hopefully i can integrate myself into the community :) 

cheers 

• Like 3

Hello, Yonkon, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi Yonkon,

Kundalini can be confusing and there's different ways people approach the subject.  I'm sure you will find people who will be able to help.  Enjoy :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

Hi Yonkon.  Welcome.

Actually there are a couple of active tea threads.  Find them and see if you want to join the conversations.

And yes, it is a challenge to calm the fuck down.  As long as we let our monkey mind have control there will be no calm.  And yes, a good meditation system that works for you will be of great help.  You just have to find the system that works for you.  Ask questions.

• Like 3

Hi Yonkon.
I like listening to music sometimes, too. Especially when I drank. :D

• Like 2

you've come to the right place my friend. welcome : - )

in the month or so i have been participating here, i have learned a lot, unlearned some more, and balanced myself out substantially. it is my opinion that there is something here for everyone. i had a rather spontaneous kundalini activation myself and the experience can be beyond disorienting.. i wish i had found this page sooner. there are some very very knowledgeable wayfarers here, and everyone is pretty willing to help when they can. i'm looking forward to conversing with you my friend.

your brother in dao,

kyoji

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, inthe5am said:

Yonkon, if you give more details of your experience we may be able to help you here.

Consider that it might be better via PM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Consider that it might be better via PM.

yeah, but then I won't get to see :(

an open discussion can be a learning experience for everyone :)

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, Yonkon said:

Also i like music. I originally started to meditate to enhance my music listening experience, didn't work so far. But i accidentally activated this kundalini stuff (i believe) so now i try to awaken to the truth so my body can calm the fuck down. Hopefully i can integrate myself into the community

Hi Yonkon,

Listening to music attentively or totally absorbed is a powerful spiritual practice in it's own right.  The Vijnana bhairava tantra describes several types of unconventional meditative techniques to make the mind see the reality.  One of them is to listen to music with complete attention.  

You say it didn't work so far.  Are you so sure?  Maybe it worked.  Kundalini is nothing to fear as long as it was not triggered by some drug use, or any type of dumb brute force methods.

Welcome to the community!  Look forward to hearing more from you in the discussions.

Regards,

S1va.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, s1va said:

Hi Yonkon,

Listening to music attentively or totally absorbed is a powerful spiritual practice in it's own right.  The Vijnana bhairava tantra describes several types of unconventional meditative techniques to make the mind see the reality.  One of them is to listen to music with complete attention.  

You say it didn't work so far.  Are you so sure?  Maybe it worked.  Kundalini is nothing to fear as long as it was not triggered by some drug use, or any type of dumb brute force methods.

Welcome to the community!  Look forward to hearing more from you in the discussions.

Regards,

S1va.

I actually never tried to see listening to music as a meditation, and now i feel dumb. Another reason why i feel dumb (for a long time) is that i triggered my kundalini through dumb brute force drug abuse with smoking weed and meditating (fuck me) I stopped smoking weed and the symptons have lowered since then but god damn i feel stupid for doing this kind of shit back then. Thanks for the support and insights:) already i am seeing the benefits of this forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yonkon said:

I actually never tried to see listening to music as a meditation, and now i feel dumb. Another reason why i feel dumb (for a long time) is that i triggered my kundalini through dumb brute force drug abuse with smoking weed and meditating (fuck me) I stopped smoking weed and the symptons have lowered since then but god damn i feel stupid for doing this kind of shit back then. Thanks for the support and insights:) already i am seeing the benefits of this forum. 

We all make some type of mistakes and learn from them.  Good to note you stopped smoking weed.  What happened just happened and it's best to let it go at this point.  Perhaps it was supposed to happen this way for some reason.  I think you may have possibly opened your heart chakra and the mind perhaps is caught up with the intensive clearing.  Grounding activities such as nature walk, gardening, etc. may be helpful to bring some balance.  There are also some here in the forums who can remotely help others with energy stuff and certain issues.

Do you do any other type of structured practices or follow any particular tradition?

On 16.10.2018 at 4:20 PM, inthe5am said:

Yonkon, if you give more details of your experience we may be able to help you here.

well.. as already stated above i had my awakening through the influence of weed while meditating. I saw a light and felt energy moving up my spine. I felt better and better, probably the best i ever felt. Than i hit some sort of a bottle neck, the light stopped and i heard voices. The voices became louder, like i big crowd. They where incredible real, and i never experienced something like this before. Anyway the crowd had a very negative vibe. They booed me, and the more interesting part is they called me a faggot. 

So then i had this huge flashback that my father shamed be for being gay at a very young age (i touched the willy from my best friend in kindergarden). This confused my quite a lot. I learned a few things about me  since then: I am bisexual, i am a homophob and i am deeply afraid of being gay. So this is my gay kundalini story, don't know what to do with this.. any help is appreciated :blush:

1 minute ago, Yonkon said:

well.. as already stated above i had my awakening through the influence of weed while meditating. I saw a light and felt energy moving up my spine. I felt better and better, probably the best i ever felt. Than i hit some sort of a bottle neck, the light stopped and i heard voices. The voices became louder, like i big crowd. They where incredible real, and i never experienced something like this before. Anyway the crowd had a very negative vibe. They booed me, and the more interesting part is they called me a faggot. 

So then i had this huge flashback that my father shamed be for being gay at a very young age (i touched the willy from my best friend in kindergarden). This confused my quite a lot. I learned a few things about me  since then: I am bisexual, i am a homophob and i am deeply afraid of being gay. So this is my gay kundalini story, don't know what to do with this.. any help is appreciated :blush:

Drink water, and relax. ;)

• Like 2

Based on what you stated in the post above, I think it may be wise to get professional medical help also, while at the same time trying to find a holistic solution that you can work through to resolve the energy issues.

8 minutes ago, Yonkon said:

You were blocked at the throat chakra. There is a knot there. Everyone has it until the open it a bit.

You were not booed by any outside forces or anything else you might be imagining.

As you already correctly surmised it is your own past experiences and your unresolved feelings. Just remember it is okay to be Homosexual, Bisexual or even Heterosexual. The most important thing is to have good loving relationships and that includes the one with your self. 

When it comes to the weed well that is a personal choice and contrary to what has been shared here it is not a dumb or brute force method. It is not a method I use or would ever advocate but it happened as a part of your journey through existence here with the rest of us so it is important and beautiful. 

There are however better ways and easier ways to open to the Kundalini.

Lastly think on this we all carry both sides of the divine within us. The Divine Female and the Divine Male. They constantly seek union especially through the alter of the spine but you must prepare the alter first to avoid complications.

• Like 3

Raising the Kundalini by heavy drug use is what I called as one of the dumb brute force methods.  It was not in relation to weed, and before Yokon shared his personal experience.  I wrote something about it after his post also, to let go what happened in the past.

Using drugs, it used to be called as medicinal  herbs, was one of the 5 or 6 standard or documented ways to raise the energy as per very early texts from various traditions.  There is a proper name in the tradition for this method.  It is called the 'Oushadhi Marga' or the herbal/medicinal path.  Mainly  hallucinogenic herbs were used by masters who had the expert knowledge over them to raise the energy in the aspirant in a safe way, under their supervision.

This knowledge is completely lost over the centuries and no one advocates this method anymore for various reasons.  Generally it results in various complications as is clear from what I have seen in my experience.  If it happened, it just happened.  There is no point in dwelling over any past experience.  Experiences are just that, whether it is a beautiful experience or terrible experience are all qualifications and labels our mind likes to add to these stories.  And yes, I consider taking drugs with the aim to to raise Kundalini or energy is a dumb brute force method, when there are so many other safe alternative methods available.

6 minutes ago, s1va said:

Raising the Kundalini by heavy drug use is what I called as one of the dumb brute force methods.  It was not in relation to weed, and before Yokon shared his personal experience.  I wrote something about it after his post also, to let go what happened in the past.

Using drugs, it used to be called as medicinal  herbs, was one of the 5 or 6 standard or documented ways to raise the energy as per very early texts from various traditions.  There is a proper name in the tradition for this method.  It is called the 'Oushadhi Marga' or the herbal/medicinal path.  Mainly  hallucinogenic herbs were used by masters who had the expert knowledge over them to raise the energy in the aspirant in a safe way, under their supervision.

This knowledge is completely lost over the centuries and no one advocates this method anymore for various reasons.  Generally it results in various complications as is clear from what I have seen in my experience.  If it happened, it just happened.  There is no point in dwelling over any past experience.  Experiences are just that, whether it is a beautiful experience or terrible experience are all qualifications and labels our mind likes to add to these stories.  And yes, I consider taking drugs with the aim to to raise Kundalini or energy is a dumb brute force method, when there are so many other safe alternative methods available.

Your opinion has been duly noted... and rejected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pilgrim said:

Your opinion has been duly noted... and rejected.

Your rejection is duly noted as your opinion and I don't feel a need to reject your opinion, since you are entitled to your opinions in my view.

Have a nice day! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've known lots of pot smokers in my life, and not a one of them ever expressed experience of anything even remotely close to a kundalini awakening. I find it far more likely that a natural awareness of how past experience effected present circumstance was arising in the subconcious of the op, and finding expression in a way his conscious mind could become aware of. 

This (the awareness and unravelling of learned modes of thought) is natural when a certain ripeness (sometimes only regarding the specific learned thought patterns) is reached.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I've known lots of pot smokers in my life, and not a one of them ever expressed experience of anything even remotely close to a kundalini awakening. I find it far more likely that a natural awareness of how past experience effected present circumstance was arising in the subconcious of the op, and finding expression in a way his conscious mind could become aware of. 

This (the awareness and unravelling of learned modes of thought) is natural when a certain ripeness (sometimes only regarding the specific learned thought patterns) is reached.

Well said.

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

You were blocked at the throat chakra. There is a knot there. Everyone has it until the open it a bit.

My current body sensations and my own research can confirm this. Since the awakening my throat is swollen and i have constantly the urge to touch my throath like in the pic. also i have problems to express myself verbally. I am a musician so it's a problem when it's coming to singing. Thank your for your insights, very helpful. 

Edited by Yonkon