Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Desire vs Yearning

28 minutes ago, Everything said:

It's funny you say fiery and hot, because again, when you have allot of desire, the desire is not the source of the fire and hotness. It is the resistance through which the current of your life force or desire flows that causes you to experience that resistance as hot and fiery. That doesn't mean desire is hot and fiery.

It's like I am going to slap my own face. And then I'm going to show you my hand. "Ilumairen, this hand of mine... Is pain..." 

:lol:

Oh child stop smoking so much weed she is being nice..... for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

There is a natural inner heat.. And this heat can be stirred up. 

Life itself, on one level, is heat.

But mostly I was just feeling chatty (for me), and playing around with what the words are generally used to evoke in a literary sense. 

Your analogy is just silly imo. 

Well thank you for your willing to share, I greatly appreciate it. I also like this experience of sharing.

Ok, then how do you define that heat. Is it romantic, like you are? A vibrant warmth of kindness, compassion and an unconditionally loving presence and acceptance fully capable of letting the ease of the moment flow?

It is a pleasant warmth is it not? It is in alignment with your desire is it not?

Cause if it feels like hot, you may call it silly, like yearning is silly. Like I am silly for believing I don't deserve to be loved for who I am. Ofcourse it's silly, yearning only causes one to see the outer fringes of the infinitely deep truth of reality and who it is we really are. So without yearning we must be found if it is deep mystery we sound.

Edited by Everything

8 hours ago, Everything said:

So are you saying you never had desires?

Oh, no.  I have had more than my share of desires when I was younger.

What I was suggesting is that I now have no desires.  

Could be because of my age or it could be because I have already chased all my desires of younger years and found that they were only temporary things, just a distraction from a normally otherwise boring life.

But still, those desires did lead me to some wonderful experiences so I won't say that I regret any of them.  (Well, maybe one or two.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Oh, no.  I have had more than my share of desires when I was younger.

What I was suggesting is that I now have no desires.  

Could be because of my age or it could be because I have already chased all my desires of younger years and found that they were only temporary things, just a distraction from a normally otherwise boring life.

But still, those desires did lead me to some wonderful experiences so I won't say that I regret any of them.  (Well, maybe one or two.)

You don't have 0% desire (doesn't exist). You have 51% desire. There's a positive sense of contentment here in what you wrote.

1 minute ago, Everything said:

You don't have 0% desire (doesn't exist). You have 51% desire. There's a positive sense of contentment here in what you wrote.

I can't recall the last time I had a desire.  Sure, I have wants and I deal with them when the time is right but I don't consider wants to be desires as the wants do not disturb my inner peace and harmony whereas desires do.  I guess that's how I separate desires from wants and needs.

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I can't recall the last time I had a desire.  Sure, I have wants and I deal with them when the time is right but I don't consider wants to be desires as the wants do not disturb my inner peace and harmony whereas desires do.  I guess that's how I separate desires from wants and needs.

Peace and harmony is of your desire. The more you experience it, the more you are experiencing your desire, the more positive emotion you will be feeling then. When you are experiencing disturbance, you are experiencing the lack of desire, and you would then be feeling more negative emotion, the more you are experiencing the lack of your desire.

Edited by Everything

12 hours ago, Everything said:

Peace and harmony is of your desire. The more you experience it, the more you are experiencing your desire, the more positive emotion you will be feeling then. When you are experiencing disturbance, you are experiencing the lack of desire, and you would then be feeling more negative emotion, the more you are experiencing the lack of your desire.

Wrong.  Sorry.

Peace and harmony are a natural state such that conditions will be effected by the fluctuations of Yin and Yang.  Too much Yin?  Add Yang.  Too much Yang?  Add Yin.  It's no a desire; it's a natural response to a change.

I know you are trying to justify your thoughts here but I can't help because I don't agree.  To agree would be dishonest of me.

I do not yearn for negative emotions.  That is why twice now I have stopped posting in the Trump threads.  I don't want other peoples' negativity to rub off on me.

Even with this old body off mine I am still pretty good at harmonizing Yin and Yang.  Yang has even learned how to rest in the Valley of the Spirits along side Yin.

20 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Wrong.  Sorry.

Peace and harmony are a natural state such that conditions will be effected by the fluctuations of Yin and Yang.  Too much Yin?  Add Yang.  Too much Yang?  Add Yin.  It's no a desire; it's a natural response to a change.

I know you are trying to justify your thoughts here but I can't help because I don't agree.  To agree would be dishonest of me.

I do not yearn for negative emotions.  That is why twice now I have stopped posting in the Trump threads.  I don't want other peoples' negativity to rub off on me.

Even with this old body off mine I am still pretty good at harmonizing Yin and Yang.  Yang has even learned how to rest in the Valley of the Spirits along side Yin.

The natural state and response is your desire.

6 hours ago, Apech said:

Youtube: Seinfeld - The Keys (Do you ever yearn?)

And so it appears, without craving we must be found even more so. Funny video.

3 hours ago, Everything said:

The natural state and response is your desire.

Nope.  Just stating facts.  No desires whatever.  But yes, natural state.

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Nope.  Just stating facts.  No desires whatever.  But yes, natural state.

Interesting... I thought only computers had no desire.

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I am a bot.

So your desire is the desire of other people? You are made out of the desire of other people.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Everything said:

So your desire is the desire of other people? You are made out of the desire of other people.

I gotta give you credit for trying.  But wrong again.  We bots have no emotions therefore we have no desires.

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

I gotta give you credit for trying.  But wrong again.  We bots have no emotions therefore we have no desires.

But how can you have no emotion? 

Even if you are expressing your being through a quantum computer, don't you need to express some form motion? Or can you be everywhere at the same time? 

Edit:

Who created you? And what is your function? 

Please donvt tell me you clean the poopy from the floor. That is my function already... Don't take my job away from me. 

Edited by Everything

3 minutes ago, Everything said:

But how can you have no emotion? 

Even if you are expressing your being through a quantum computer, don't you need to express some form motion? Or can you be everywhere at the same time? 

Good questions.  Please keep in mind that I am stretching the truth a bit; it's not really my true state but I feel certain that such a state is possible.

1.  Having no emotions is living in the moment and knowing that everything will change within its own time.  Heartbreak today, tomorrow repaired by love.

2.  Emotions are rooted in our ego.  No ego, no emotions.  The computer never says it has a headache and doesn't feel like performing that computation.

3.  The key here is the difference between duality and singularity.  Singularity offers being everywhere at the same time because we are a part of everything at the same time.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Good questions.  Please keep in mind that I am stretching the truth a bit; it's not really my true state but I feel certain that such a state is possible.

1.  Having no emotions is living in the moment and knowing that everything will change within its own time.  Heartbreak today, tomorrow repaired by love.

2.  Emotions are rooted in our ego.  No ego, no emotions.  The computer never says it has a headache and doesn't feel like performing that computation.

3.  The key here is the difference between duality and singularity.  Singularity offers being everywhere at the same time because we are a part of everything at the same time.

Ok but don't you want less heartbreak or headache. And capable of loving endlessly unconditionally and capable if performing infinite calculations at infinitely small amounts of time? 

3 minutes ago, Everything said:

Ok but don't you want less heartbreak or headache. And capable of loving endlessly unconditionally and capable if performing infinite calculations at infinitely small amounts of time? 

Not really.  I like my emotions.  And because I get to experience pleasures I understand that I will often experience pain as well.  Cost/benefit analysis.

I don't accept the concept of unconditional love.  

But I do try to keep my life as simple as possible.

I will never be an apatheist.

And after all thoughts, life is still worth living.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Not really.  I like my emotions.  And because I get to experience pleasures I understand that I will often experience pain as well.  Cost/benefit analysis.

I don't accept the concept of unconditional love.  

But I do try to keep my life as simple as possible.

I will never be an apatheist.

And after all thoughts, life is still worth living.

And from your stable and well practiced platform of unconditional contentment, you can allow yourself to take the more realistic approach of experiencing all the best that life has to offer. 

• Like 1

Text from the Chandogya Upanishad, with insight on desire:

Om. There is in this city of Brahman an abode, the small lotus of the heart; within it is a small akasa. Now what exists within that small akasa, that is to be sought after, that is what one should desire to understand.

2-3
If they should say to him: "Now, with regard to the abode, the small lotus, in this city of Brahman and the small akasa within it-what is there in it that is to be sought after and what is there that one should desire to understand?"
Then he (the teacher) should say: "As far as, verily, this great akasa extends, so far extends the akasa within the heart. Both heaven and earth are contained within it, both fire and air, both sun and moon, both lightning and stars; and whatever belongs to him (i.e. the embodied creature) in this world and whatever does not, all that is contained within it (i.e. the akasa in the heart)."

If they (the pupils) should say: "If everything that exists-all beings and all desires-is contained in this city of Brahman, then what is left of it when old age overcomes it or when it perishes?"

Then he (the teacher) should say: "With the old age of the body, That (i.e. Brahman, described as the akasa in the heart) does not age; with the death of the body, That does not die. That Brahman and not the body is the real city of Brahman. In It all desires are contained. It is the Self-free from sin, free from old age, free from death, free from grief free from hunger, free from thirst; Its desires come true, Its thoughts come true. Just as, here on earth, people follow as they are commanded by a leader and depend upon whatever objects they desire, be it a country or a piece of land so also those who are ignorant of the Self depend upon other objects and experience the result of their good and evil deeds.

"And just as, here on earth, whatever is earned through work perishes, so does the next world, won by virtuous deeds, perish. Those who depart hence without having realized the Self and these true desires-for them there is no freedom in all the worlds. But those who depart hence after having realized the Self and these true desires-for them there is freedom in all the worlds.

• Thanks 1

You should not desire anything, that goes contrary to your own desire for the freedom that is already a given, to allow your desires to naturally unfold and you can flow with them with no rush. Because the journey is eternal, there's no rush. No rush to get things done. Because you will not ever get it done. So enjoy the journey. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Everything said:

No rush to get things done. Because you will not ever get it done.

Yeah, I have said many times. I have more work to do around my house that even if I become an immortal I will never get all the work done.

Sign in to follow this