Sign in to follow this  
Zen Pig

Will Power vs. Intent

Will Power is mostly how we think life should be.  Like on the first of the year, making a promise to use all of our will power to work out, loose weight, give up smoking etc.  While we can white knuckle it for a while, most of us can't make it last.

Intent, on the other hand, just happens, when it happens, and it seems to last.

For me,  Will Power is what we try to make happen.  Intent is what we know will happen, and we just let it happen. 

• Like 1

In Eastern medicine, both of those terms are relegated to the spiritual aspect of particular organ structures.

Will power is linked to your kidneys and adrenals.

Intent is linked to your muscle systems.

Certain qi gong and nei gong that focuses on banking qi for kidney health, can increase will power.

Any general strength training regimen will eventually assist intention. As Yi is a result of muscle health.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Maybe think of it like this:

Intent is what your body is willing to do

Will Power is what your spirit is willing to do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2018 at 8:28 PM, Sol said:

In Eastern medicine, both of those terms are relegated to the spiritual aspect of particular organ structures.

Will power is linked to your kidneys and adrenals.

Intent is linked to your muscle systems.

Certain qi gong and nei gong that focuses on banking qi for kidney health, can increase will power.

Any general strength training regimen will eventually assist intention. As Yi is a result of muscle health.

So my brother has allot of will power, he sometimes thinks about wether or not he wants an apple when he sees me eating one. Then all of a sudden, the apple accidentally slips out of my hand. Some how some way, happens every single time. And then we kind of look at eachother, and laugh. Yeah... Come on, this can't be real! :lol: :huh:

• Like 1

*delete*

Edited by kyoji
speaking out of place.

20 hours ago, dawei said:

Maybe think of it like this:

Intent is what your body is willing to do

Will Power is what your spirit is willing to do

Wow yes!

So often my spirit does things, when I want it SO MUCH it just finds its a way to me, like my spirit is out there making it happen for me. And out of a billion odds, it happens. 

I know for sure, it can't be possible unless I have a non-physical part to who it is that I am. A non-physical influence or presence. A great way to call it a spirit yeah. Cause it feels like that. Like a christmas spirit. A vibe. You can feel when it is happening. When you are allowing it to flow and work more in your favor. You can feel the excitement and eagerness when you are flowing it towards the fulfillment of something. But I can't draw a ghost with a blanket on top and then say that ghost is out there doing things for me or getting things done. It's all very much a vibrational feeling reality. And spirit is a great way to describe it from my point of view. Cause people already say "Come on. That's the spirit! Yeah!" And they feel now, they have the blessing and alignment of their spirit towards the realization of something, and then they know it has no choice but to happen, if you continue in that direction, on that path of the spiritual path. Because often, if you truely have faith, and something doesnt happen, whatever you wanted, something that feels exactly like it will happen instead. It's amazing how the spirit works like a blind sage. You ask water, sometimes they give you a beer or maybe orrange juice, or milk. Hehe. Because he doesnt see or hear your words. But what the essence is of your asking, or wanting or will power.

• Like 1

Anyway beautiful words, I agree with all of you. Will power is indeed what we think life should be. It is the ideal, and the reason it is, is because it is a spiritual state of being. So the lowest frequency of that, is the absolute best of what we are capable of imagining in any given moment. And that is how you move your spiritual body, to feel your way to the absolute best result in your mind and how that feels, and then allow the spirit to operate, as you awaken into that state of high excitement or spirit or sensitivity to non-physical subtle life force of the universe which all things are made up of, and what happens is so much better than the best of what our minds can conjure, that you often don't even realize what has happened, unless you are extremely consistent with mental alignment and focus to and with the best of all things. Then you will begin to recognize the hand of spirit more often in your life.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, Everything said:

Anyway beautiful words, I agree with all of you. Will power is indeed what we think life should be. It is the ideal, and the reason it is, is because it is a spiritual state of being. So the lowest frequency of that, is the absolute best of what we are capable of imagining in any given moment. And that is how you move your spiritual body, to feel your way to the absolute best result in your mind and how that feels, and then allow the spirit to operate, as you awaken into that state of high excitement or spirit or sensitivity to non-physical subtle life force of the universe which all things are made up of, and what happens is so much better than the best of what our minds can conjure, that you often don't even realize what has happened, unless you are extremely consistent with mental alignment and focus to and with the best of all things. Then you will begin to recognize the hand of spirit more often in your life.

On 10/12/2018 at 2:04 PM, kyoji said:

@Everything

you completely lost me mate.

Everything just became more than Everything...  a kind of 'To Infinity and Beyond' moment :D

Karen said they were the same thing...  I wanted to purposely constrast it back to duality...  showed them as two sides of Body and Spirit... Everything rightly caught that Body and Spirit are the same thing...  Impressive.  :)

I always thought of it as, intent is what your spirit intends to do. I intend to get fit and lose weight. My willpower is weak so i give up after a few days, my intent is still there but my willpower is weak.

Weakness in willpower is due to weakened kidneys, exhaustion. The stronger your kidneys, the less intent you need, because you intent lightly and the willpower carries you through. If your willpower is weak, your spirit needs to be strong -  there at work constantly reminding you of your direction.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, z00se said:

I always thought of it as, intent is what your spirit intends to do. I intend to get fit and lose weight. My willpower is weak so i give up after a few days, my intent is still there but my willpower is weak.

Weakness in willpower is due to weakened kidneys, exhaustion. The stronger your kidneys, the less intent you need, because you intent lightly and the willpower carries you through. If your willpower is weak, your spirit needs to be strong -  there at work constantly reminding you of your direction.

To try something is not powerful. To do something, is to use your power. To do something that goes against your own power, is not to lose that power, but to experience less of your own power, as long as you're doing it.

19 minutes ago, steve said:

To me, will power feels like demanding and intention feels more like an invitation.

Someone who is powerful can demand with great ease. So it would then be called an invitation, a decision, a choice.

If you demand something with great difficulty, you are not powerful.

If you invite something that you don't want, you are denying your own power.

You are always under the influence of something. The question is, what are you under the influence of now? And now?

You can only know, by the way you feel. If you feel absolute bliss, you are under the influence of Source, and as that energy flows through you it benefits everyone who comes into contact with you.

If you feel less than good, you are under the influence of something else, that has nothing to do with who it is you really are and your true power.

People often meditate and then they are no longer under the influence of anything. What happens, is as everything is silent,  then the only influence that is left, is the influence of your own inner soul, source, god, dao, whatever you wish to call it. That is how you step into your power. that power will always feel good to you and others. If not, it is not in full harmony with the source of all power.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Everything said:

...To do something that goes against your own power, is not to lose that power, but to experience less of your own power, as long as you're doing it.

Whaaa? Do you mean to do something that goes against the will of your spirit? Do you have an example of this point? I'm not sure what you're trying to say...

1 hour ago, z00se said:

Whaaa? Do you mean to do something that goes against the will of your spirit? Do you have an example of this point? I'm not sure what you're trying to say...

You can't go against the will of your spirit, that is why you experience less power when you do go against the will of your spirit.

• Like 2

Will Power is mostly how we think life should be.

found this statement to be strange...not really clear

Thoughts I follow, the lens I view things through,

maybe some might find some clarity through them.

"LION’S ROAR KUEN GING THEORIES ON FIST FIGHTING BY NG SIU JONG"

The Mind is the Master, Will is the assistant, and awareness is the executor

Will 

The employment [or actual use] of the Mind is called intention or Will. 

The enforcement of Will is called awareness (“The exercising of the Will is the action.” – Mung).  The Mind is the Master, Will is the assistant, and awareness is the executor (“The outward exposition of the Heart and the Will is by actions.” – Mung.) 

The pure essence of the Way is called intelligence (“The core of the art of lighting is called wisdom (‘Wei’ – it is a certain stage or level one reaches.)” – Mung.) 

Therefore the Mind is the root of intelligence, Will is the trunk of intelligence and awareness is the functioning of intelligence (“… and the) action is the channel through which Wei comes out.” – Mung). 

The above and the below all comply with the order which is distributed through all the hundred bodies like the postal system (“Each of them carries out its functions inside all the organs.” – Mung.) 

Therefore, when it is desired to be hard, it is hard; when it is desired to be soft, it is soft.  The inside and the outside are as if they were one – the same; the bigness and the smallness have no form.  Only that which masters the Will can take control.

http://www.baihepai.com/pak-hok-pai-lion-roar/lions-roar-kuen-ging-theories-on-fist-fighting-by-ng-siu-jong/

Edited by windwalker

4 hours ago, Everything said:

You can't go against the will of your spirit, that is why you experience less power when you do go against the will of your spirit.

Nietzsche said basically the same thing.  We cannot do what our conscience (spirit) will not allow.

Example:  I intend on working my butt off in the gardens today.  I lack the will power therefore nothing will be done.

5 hours ago, Everything said:

So how then do most people of recent times have more willpower to eat than their spirit power that they repeately express that leads them to want to lose weight.... it seems the result of their actions shows they have more power leading away from the direction of their spiritual direction of wanting to lose weight.

I don't think you can say one experiences less power when they go against the will of their spirit. It takes alot of spirit power to overcome the momentum power of consiousness repetition.... that momentum becomes very strong.... spirit takes constant consious effort, and dare i say it, desire for change, to make that change.

All animals walk the same way in a forest, thats why there are tracks. Consiousness, regardless of what type repeats the same thing over and over, it's hard for the spirit to overcome this. One way it can do it is by constantly changing the path so as to not develop a momentum of a partiucular path. But like i said, that is constant sustained consiousness.

1 hour ago, z00se said:

So how then do most people of recent times have more willpower to eat than their spirit power that they repeately express that leads them to want to lose weight.... it seems the result of their actions shows they have more power leading away from the direction of their spiritual direction of wanting to lose weight.

I don't think you can say one experiences less power when they go against the will of their spirit. It takes alot of spirit power to overcome the momentum power of consiousness repetition.... that momentum becomes very strong.... spirit takes constant consious effort, and dare i say it, desire for change, to make that change.

All animals walk the same way in a forest, thats why there are tracks. Consiousness, regardless of what type repeats the same thing over and over, it's hard for the spirit to overcome this. One way it can do it is by constantly changing the path so as to not develop a momentum of a partiucular path. But like i said, that is constant sustained consiousness.

Losing weight has got nothing to do with their "spiritual direction." There spiritual direction is to enjoy the body that already has the perfect weight.

Edited by Everything

On 10/14/2018 at 5:01 AM, z00se said:

Most people do not have the extra will power.

After decades of dealing with patients and their attempt to heal or change their life situation, there are only a few that will actually do it. I was just having this discussion yesterday.

The desire for I'd say, 90% of the world is to be comfortable and experience the things that cause them bliss. They don't want to be saved. They don't want the truth. They  don't want change. They just want a little box to sleep in, be distracted, and bliss out over one of the major biochemicals of happiness.

Which is why a place like this(Forum) is to be treasured, for there are a few individuals who actually have the will power or intent to REALLY alter their spiritual health, mental acuity, or physical prowess. Those people are often outcasts as they are not simply contented by the simple things. They are pushing boundaries and normal people will not understand.

Kudos to all who are seeking more. You are making changes in family karma, local communities, and global energy patterns. Don't forget how important your vibration is, even if you can't detect it. It is broadcasting and making change...

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this