Sign in to follow this  
cobrien

Hoping to gain some insight, assessing development

Hey everyone! I have some thoughts. I hope I can gain some insight from you guys

I am curious about locking joints. When training I tend to lock my wrists when getting into deeper ebb and flows. It seems to help prevent qi-deviation. I am becoming curious about opening the points in the palms.

I am of the opinion there are many motion states which become successively more coarse thru each sensory organ. The sense of touch on an outer level is focused most fine-tunely thru the hands and conversely most coarsely thru the sexual organs. (I suspect all senses end up here at the fundamental level).

How do you guys assess your development? What metrics do you employ?

勞宮 P 8 (Laogong) “Palace of Labor”

Laogong, in the center of the palm, must be open and hollow for Qi to spread into the hand and fingers. This means relaxed with no tension. Joint locking is called Chin Na this is used by martial artist.If you lock your own wrist the energy will have a very difficult time just getting chi to the hand let alone beyond physical form.

If you tell me what discipline you are practicing I might be more helpful or not.

The sensory organs  are as follows ...六欲 Six desires arise from the 六感 sensory organs: 眼 eyes, 鼻 nose, 口 mouth (or 身 body), 舌 tongue, 耳 ears, 意 yi and are confined within the gates of 生 birth and 死 death. The six desires are triggered when 神行于体外 the Shen is moving outside the physical body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this