For those fossils here who remember the 4rth Doctor, Tom Baker aka the one with long scarf.  He had a female companion who was a time lord, Romona.   At one point she regenerated and had the power to change several body types until she found one he liked, changing bodies (and actresses) as easily as one would change clothes.  Seemingly having complete and relatively long control over her regeneration. 

Course in Doctor Who, rules are like the polarity of the neutron flow.. made to be reversed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDaCMhKPGys

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, thelerner said:

For those fossils here who remember the 4rth Doctor, Tom Baker aka the one with long scarf.  He had a female companion who was a time lord, Romona.   At one point she regenerated and had the power to change several body types until she found one he liked, changing bodies (and actresses) as easily as one would change clothes.  Seemingly having complete and relatively long control over her regeneration. 

Course in Doctor Who, rules are like the polarity of the neutron flow.. made to be reversed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDaCMhKPGys

I remember TOm Baker very well but sadly missed allot of the Episodes he was my favorite Doctor for a long time but the new batch starting in the early 2000's have been really, really good. There is not one since then I have not liked.

Just saw the latest episode what is it the 4th now?  last night 2018/11/07.  I liked it allot the writers are starting to do some good things and I hope it continues.

Very cool looking forward to it.

6. Demons Of The Punjab Shows it aired on the 10th so we should be good2go on Amazon for tonight! Wahooo! Loving the new doctor.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:01 PM, Lost in Translation said:

It was actually a nice story about the effects of automation upon workers. I liked it, makes for a nice conversation starter.

With a nice little twist on the standard take on AI...

I was watching The Big Bang episode. There was a scene where River says "what is that on your head?" as she flings The Doctor's fez into the air and shoots it. The Doctor replies, "Oh well, I can always buy a fez." My first thought was KERBLAM! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I was watching The Big Bang episode. There was a scene where River says "what is that on your head?" as she flings The Doctor's fez into the air and shoots it. The Doctor replies, "Oh well, I can always buy a fez." My first thought was KERBLAM! 

During KERBLAM! I said, "oh look! The Doctor's got another fez!" :lol: 

Season 11 is officially over. Overall, I found this season to be lacking the grand adventure we saw in the past. This does not feel like of the same Doctor. The character is much softer, less decisive, less sure of herself. Honestly, I can't imagine Jodie Whittaker going up against The Master or Weeping Angels, much less the Daleks or fellow Time Lords, which brings us to the finale...

The Doctor against a single Dalek without its armored shell. Was the Dalek frightening? Hell, yes! But did it feel like global threat? Not so much. I recall the similar episode, "Dalek", from 2005 with Christopher Eccleston. That Dalek was frightening while also feeling like a genuine threat to humanity. This episode felt like a derivative of something from the "Alien" franchise.

19 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Season 11 is officially over. Overall, I found this season to be lacking the grand adventure we saw in the past. This does not feel like of the same Doctor. The character is much softer, less decisive, less sure of herself. Honestly, I can't imagine Jodie Whittaker going up against The Master or Weeping Angels, much less the Daleks or fellow Time Lords, which brings us to the finale...

The Doctor against a single Dalek without its armored shell. Was the Dalek frightening? Hell, yes! But did it feel like global threat? Not so much. I recall the similar episode, "Dalek", from 2005 with Christopher Eccleston. That Dalek was frightening while also feeling like a genuine threat to humanity. This episode felt like a derivative of something from the "Alien" franchise.

Is it my imagination or was this a very short season? 

I for one find her refreshing and have great hope for the seasons to come.

Oh I think she is pretty decisive and sure of herself, when she remembers who she is and am willing to chalk it up to a plot device as we have had it revealed there are some pretty major things she does not recall as those aliens told her in an Episode. Sorry can't recall which one.