Gareth_W

Kiai Master - Defeated.

Hi, Buddy

I'm not training this way nor will ever work on developing a specific superpower. I believe there are people who can fly or do other amazing things, but you will never see them on youtube or offering classes or talking about what they can do. They certainly won't be interested in proving it to anyone.

But how many are people like these? A few in a billion.

You may say "I will believe it when I see it", and you are absolutely right. Cheap tricks sometimes are taken for a real thing because as human beings we want to have hope we are more then couch dwellers. Unfortunately, very few will venture outside the couch area into the unknown to find their own truth. Youtube is the most we can handle.

Max :)

wow. very nicely said.

i met a master once in a shop selling lots of things (even alcohol) to people. the way he treated everyone entering the shop was amazing. i was sitting behind him watching the people coming in in the worse moods and leaving with a smile.

for me that was also some very special "superpower". more useful than lots of other stuff.

he was very humble and never showed anything he could do. and after i met him more and more often i was not interested anymore in what he could do or not. i just enjoyed his presents and warm heart.

the inner light.

Time to delurk (for one post). I have both new books by BKF. If you get Dragon and Tiger Medical Chi Gung Instruction Manual you probably do not need Chi Revolution (includes parts of Dragon and Tiger among other things).

I would highly recommend the Instruction Manual. In my opinion it is the first real "How to do" book from BKF that tries to actually teach a practice from the ground up and step by step (of course only if you believe you can learn anything from books).

At the moment I am also working with some of the DVDs of Stuart Alve Olson.

I would highly recommend his Sitting Eight Brocades DVD.

OK I read through this thread but didn't watch any of the videos.

My two bits: Qigong master Jim Nance http://springforestqigong.com was a kung fu black belt in the 1960s. He said he always won and it was like the Matrix movie because everything would go into slow motion and he could know what the opponent was going to do before the opponent acted. He said that after he won he would always SOB because he felt the opponents pain as much as he gave pain to the opponent.

So then once a Chinese master came to NYC (I think that's where this was) and Jim Nance asked the Chinese master about this -- after it happened again, sobbing after winning -- and the master said:

You need to study INTERNAL martial arts.

But back in the 1960s in the U.S. it was pretty much unheard of.

So anyway I think it's similar to the whole Buddhist versus Taoist stories you read in those Charle Luk Ch'an books -- essentially it's easy to get attached to the powers but it's difficult to learn that the powers are just a reflection of our own internal projections -- so the more damage we do the more we damage ourselves. So the Buddhist monks state you're not supposed to use the powers except to develop deeper levels of emptiness or to help teach about emptiness, etc.

Kung fu black belt? Belt systems in the CMA are a recent addition. Which style did he study in the 60s? Things were pretty closed ended back then for non-Chinese.

Time to delurk (for one post). I have both new books by BKF. If you get Dragon and Tiger Medical Chi Gung Instruction Manual you probably do not need Chi Revolution (includes parts of Dragon and Tiger among other things).

I would highly recommend the Instruction Manual. In my opinion it is the first real "How to do" book from BKF that tries to actually teach a practice from the ground up and step by step (of course only if you believe you can learn anything from books).

At the moment I am also working with some of the DVDs of Stuart Alve Olson.

I would highly recommend his Sitting Eight Brocades DVD.

Thanks, can you say a bit more?

What kind of exercises are in the manual? Sitting, standing, meditation etc.?

Well I do know that Jim Nance can blast the middle of my brain with bliss-magnetic light while he sits in full-lotus about 10 miles away. http://springforestqigong.com for further details. He does long distance healing now -- full-time.

Heheheh, you haven't read much of Buddy's posts have you? :lol:

Edited by Pero

Well qigong master Chunyi Lin sat in full-lotus in a cave -- nothing but full-lotus: 40 days, no food, no water, no sleep. Now he's treating people referred by the Mayo Clinic: late-term cancer, etc. He just co-authored a qigong chapter for the Mayo Clinic's Textbook on Complementary Medicine with Mayo Clinic oncologist Dr. Nina Mishek.

So I'd say qigong master Chunyi Lin just focuses on results and Jim Nance is the first African-American qigong master -- they're both breaking new territory. http://www.learningstrategies.com/Qigong/Home.asp has more on spring forest qigong.

Edited by drew hempel

The Dragon and Tiger Instruction Manual describes the Dragon and Tiger chi kung set of Kumar`s system. The set can be done sitting, standing and lying. The book contains a detailed description of the standing practice.

Dragon and Tiger is a medical chi kung form. According to the book it is classified as a Buddhist form of chi kung. That`s why there are some Buddhist concepts mentioned in the book (e.g. Bodhichitta).

The set consits of seven movements that work with the chi in the acupuncture meridians and the etheric body.

You can find a clip of some of the movements on Kumar`s website.

The Dragon and Tiger Instruction Manual describes the Dragon and Tiger chi kung set of Kumar`s system. The set can be done sitting, standing and lying. The book contains a detailed description of the standing practice.

Dragon and Tiger is a medical chi kung form. According to the book it is classified as a Buddhist form of chi kung. That`s why there are some Buddhist concepts mentioned in the book (e.g. Bodhichitta).

The set consits of seven movements that work with the chi in the acupuncture meridians and the etheric body.

You can find a clip of some of the movements on Kumar`s website.

I didn't see the clips on his website.

Could you be more specific as to their location

Thanks