Dragon-Tiger

Energy flows during meditation?

Just in case, disclaimer, i'm not very sure about the forum rules:
If you are underaged, please, don't continue reading this.

Hello,

so, my first real post,

I'd like to get some guidance/opinions about something.

It's about energy flows during meditation.

I just finished my meditation session, and i feel it's now good moment to ask about these things.
So it's easier to describe.

Lately i've taken mantra meditation as my meditation exercise, as i had problems to stay focused.
So i repeat gently and slowly "Om mani padme hum" in my mind.

I can keep focus during meditation much better with mantra but my body is (still) doing things (as it often does during meditation).

Althought this time i made sure my body is more relaxed than normally. Did some physical exercises beforehand to relax still more.

In meditation, i kept repeating the mantra. After a while, arms started to jerk more and more heavily. Need to have some space around
that won't hit hands anywhere.

Then body started to sway and rock, back and forth, side to side, more heavily. Spine pushed also heavily on arc, sometimes just
very straight.

Then there was involuntary erection, which subsided after a while.

Few involuntary noises from mouth during these.

Then body relaxed again.

There was warm pleasurable sensation somewhere inside pelvis, and then body/mind felt like floating in clouds.
Such an effortless, good sensation.

I kept meditating, repeating the mantra whole time, pulling focus on it if was about to lose it
 but i'm not used to meditate very long time, so this session lasted around 45 minutes.

---
--
-
So simple question, what is this stuff? Involuntary meditative masturbation?

I can recall some people having "spiritual sex" by conserving semen during act or something like.
This feels almost like that just it's not act mentally or physically though body wants to it be like it, it seems.

I think i shouldn't try to block anything what happens during meditation. Just, these things are bit confusing, i could describe also as frustrating but i'm trying not to be frustrated :)

In one topic in here i read, body sway or so was proposed to be energy channels clearing or so.

You are building up energy flows in your meditation and it is spilling over into your subconscious. The shaking or erection and ejaculation is a natural thing.  I would suggest that you move beyond simple mantra meditation into something else that moves the energy thru your body.  You have basically just out grown your current practices.  All good stuff.

• Like 4

I turned on the computer when I saw your writing.
I'm sorry but you've had a very dangerous experience.
Please refrain from making any voluntary moves.

You are taken.

16 minutes ago, dosa said:

I turned on the computer when I saw your writing.
I'm sorry but you've had a very dangerous experience.
Please refrain from making any voluntary moves.

You are taken.

possessed ?

9 minutes ago, Stosh said:

possessed ?

It's not just bad. which means he's in the blood.

Thanks for replies so far :)

Today was again similar meditation session. Just more calm physically. Just, i cannot be comparing to "semen retention" act. I don't know the terms, is it tantra sex or how they call it? I think this what is happening is similar just without that real act.

This time after body reached pleasure-calmness, i tried to continue meditating but it started soon again, pleasure-calmness, just it was more pleasurable. So it really sounds like what i've read about these "semen retention" sex.

In my understanding, if there is pleasure during meditation, it should be okay, as far not be clinged on.

But this doesn't anymore feel l ike "meditation" how i think meditation should be, althought i have read there can be bliss and so. Is this really still meditation? :blink:

And about the moving energy through body. I'm not so familiar about this kind of stuff. I know something about hinduism kundalini things and forehead meditation. And i did read from a daoism book something about circling energy but it was very complex stuff to me :D  "River Cart", there was so many things which i could do wrong way.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 8:58 AM, dosa said:

It's not just bad. which means he's in the blood.

um....uh.. what?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kyoji said:

um....uh.. what?

he was talented and full of potential.

27 minutes ago, dosa said:

he was talented and full of potential.

you lost me completely :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kyoji said:

you lost me completely :lol:

um...okey 

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Edited by dosa

1 hour ago, dosa said:

um...okey 

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

do you actually mean to say that he is possessed/taken by something, and it is in the blood? not even trying to poke fun at the topic if you're willing to elaborate a bit.. i'm open minded to what you have to say but i honestly can't even tell if you are being serious or not.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, kyoji said:

do you actually mean to say that he is possessed/taken by something, and it is in the blood? not even trying to poke fun at the topic if you're willing to elaborate a bit.. i'm open minded to what you have to say but i honestly can't even tell if you are being serious or not.

Yes, he may have possessed/taken by something. It is dangerous experience.
I am a little concerned about him.
I feel a savage energy you can't feel.

he's in the blood. = he was talented and full of potential. = The gene. 

• Like 3

In your meditation have your attention in the center of the head - not forward at the brow.

Breath into the abdomen - not into the base of the spine.

The Manta is not held in the mind - it is not held at all - the mantra resonates through all subtle bodies.

Move to a simple “Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Skip retention - premature and generally of no value - drop concepts of it for now.

Take very deep slow breaths as you fall into meditation. Abide in meditation - one does not “do” meditation.

Your kundalini is very active and if you are new to this then a teacher is very very much advised. There are all sorts of things that you may be doing that are counter productive and large kundalini arising that are premature can create years of suffering and recovery.

Do not practice contraction of the anus and in general drop attention in this whole region - be in the center of the head and breath. Focus on non-focused Beingness at rest with the subtle bodies in simple awareness.

Meditation is not a Doing.

If you are sitting and wish to do - then do - and then move back and Be meditation.

The energies are arising and pushing out through the nadis, sheaths and passageways - exercise and stretching is helpful - breath and constant mantra - long, deep and ever widening is a useful naturally calibrating transformative water to all the subtle bodies and integrative

across all bounding forces.

Do not get stuck in petty engineering - the energies naturally find  their  best potentials organically and without concepts at the helm. Every concept is a constriction in the past.

You may wish to decrease you sitting time for a bit to 20 minutes and several times a day. As you stabilize then move up as it feels right. 

I am used to very long meditation but variation should always be spontaneous in accord with the present.

Meditation is a communing with the subtle bodies - it is a trust - not an over-riding willfulness. The subtle bodies await growth in the presence of beingness - abide within and all will unfold - no effort required.

No effort - IS required.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again for replies :)

Reason why i chose "om  mani padme hum" was i felt it gave better focus against especially external stimuli. Like sudden noises. With simple "om", i get feeling cannot find anything to concentrate at. I've given try to it quite many times. 

And concentrating on forehead (i mean between brows), i have had also often some challenges. I get often feeling that the spot isn't really at center. And it is feeling like wandering sometimes. I think that wander is caused by eyes, somehow. And i also suspect that my head might be little bit misaligned causing challenge to find the center. Need to sometimes remind my mind by touching finger the center that "there's the point!"

Om and forehead feels challenging, it's more than "no effort".

I'd say that i've managed maybe few times after a little struggle to found solid concentration at the center point.

Also i have been thinking maybe i should try to use sort of figure as concentration point on mind but i'm not sure what figure i should choose. Some says like "concentrate on your master's figure/face or buddha", well, i don't own that good imagination. Mantra i felt as the best option so far i've tried.

About teachers, well, i'm living in an area where these things aren't very popular, finding a real teacher would be quite a task. However, one book i liked said, when person is ready, the teacher will appear, hopefully so :D And it also stated something like that teacher is already in us althought we wouldn't find the physical one.

And a little bit about energy flows. I've noticed another thing, if there's no much these body twitches, and pleasure things, my body can go into state where i feel cool/cold. And it's uncomfortable, the cold sensation stays inside body after meditation. Something is then blocked inside body i suppose. That pleasure-calmness leaves body into better state after meditation.

So, it is always little bit lottery what will be the result. Though i shouldn't expect anything from meditation – just wouldn't want to get any negative from it to make my life (more) challenging. And the Kundalini things, i've read something about Kundalini syndrome things, usually result of forced rise. To be honest, i don'ẗ even know should i believe in Kundalini but if there's even little chance that i could mess up my body and mind, i like to be careful. But there is energy flows, it just depends what words people are using to describe these things.

About the length of session. I don't usually have any goal how long to keep on going. But i know clock will make me less likely to relax well (especially afraid of sudden shock of the alarm). I just let body/mind decide when it's enough. Never yet reached a state which made feel that could carry on "forever". Sometimes session can be less than 30 mins. It depends.

Also the breathing is bit problematic. Some says just normal breathing is enough without abdomen, some says should breath into spine. I've noticed that breathing into abdomen relaxed greatly, felt good – if i can make it work. It's not so uncommon that i feel that my belly is sort of restricting the breath, can't get it feel so natural, smooth. Not sure why is that.

Many things, many challenges :) It is always great to get suggestions, ideas, opinions, experiences to keep improving. Especially from more advanced practitioners :)

Hello again! :)

I played little bit around with these things.

Switched from sitting style to standing meditation. And also learnt that at least part of my problem was probably giving too much awareness to physical reactions. Told to my mind during concentration: "forget physical, forget everything". Works. After turning more inwards in mind, just letting things come and go without even acknowledge them, they often ceases, or not even arise. Body has been a lot more calm. Exception are erections which just comes from somewhere. I feel it bit funny and odd that althought i have practiced years this is first time getting them very often during meditation.

And i'm pretty confident i could do again also just sitting style but standing meditation is nice too!

That Om/Aum, haven't yet learnt to use it properly, maybe some day :) And it seems concentration goes quite naturally somewhere between eye-brows while just trying to concentrate inwards.

Edited by Dragon-Tiger

Got to chime in on this one.

years ago, started to have movements of body during meditation. At the time, I only practiced soto zen meditation,  and did not know about the whole kundalini kriya energy.  My body would spontaneously slowly twist, sometimes doing a back bend that I could never accomplish in a non meditative form.  It wasn't that I could not have stopped this movement, as I was just watching it unfold, but it was not beyond my control.  After sitting, being a skeptic, I tried to reproduce the movements such as the back bend, and found that I could only get a third of the bending that I could do in meditation, (in fact, while It was happening during meditation, it occurred to me that I was going to be sore a shit after this, which I wasn't).  My personal conclusion as to why I could do so much more in these states came in part from over 10 years of tai chi.  When I was in this so called kriya state, my body moved without any internal resistance. In other words,  when one tries this in a non meditative form,  you can tell that while some muscles are moving the way you want, others are resisting this movement.  So one of the reasons, my movement was so profound was that everything was working together in unison. 

As far as getting boners during sitting, had that happened a couple of time, but just stopped sitting at that point. This was an intuitive choice, no teacher or guru to discuss this with, but it felt that the chi energy was already at a place where additional sitting would be counter productive, and trying to force the chi back into the dantian using neigung exercises might be counter productive, and I was not experiences or knowledgeable enough to do that safely.

When in doubt during meditation, stop and re-examine what is going on.  sooner or later it works out. Meditation, for me, is not a race or a goal, or something to achieve, or as I like to say, "meditation moves in inches", so don't get in a hurry.   

(when I re-read this post, I found that at the end, "meditation moves in inches" was an unintended boner pun.. LOL..  the best puns are the ones you aren't trying to do) happy Monday

Edited by Zen Pig

Thanks for reply! :)

I'm reporting an experience relating this topic.

So, yesterday i had again boner, and it left uncomfortable pressure in the pipes and prostate.

Today, decided to try to keep concentration on forehead with om, and belly breathing. As i've also noticed this forehead meditation someway easies the pressure in pipes. It's like opposite force.

The pressure decreased from prostate slowly along the pipes and same time pressure seemed to increase in area above scrotum and somewhere inside perineum.

Well, i kept on concentrating what i was doing, forehead, breathing, om. The pressure down in the area was quite heavy but then my body began to sort of relax from up towards down. During this there was couple of full body twitches.

Then something happened, not at the twitch point but some moments later. The pressure started to decreased rapidly, and there was cool breeze like sensation, starting from the pressure point, expanding everywhere into my body. There was no much other sensations, not pleasure, nor suffer, just mellow cool breeze. Also slight sweating same time. After that couldn't anymore keep concentrating as i'm not so fan of odd sensations during meditation. :mellow:

After meditation, having slight odd feel but nothing very odd, and the pressurepoint isn't there but there's some vibrations in that area and belly area. Also having some tension there. Some sensations of coolness and slight warmth also.

Any thoughts what was this? Never happened to me before.

edit:

forgot that during meditation there was also ringing ears, high pitch sound, also after meditation but it has gone down pretty much. I have time to time some tinnitus like after meditation.

edit2:

Then a lot later, had warm good relaxed body sensations. Then middle of night had a bit odd dream which wasn't so horrible but i was reacting like it would had been. And when woke up, heart was beating pretty fast, and body had strong shivering all over. Not usual. :o

Edited by Dragon-Tiger

On 10/10/2018 at 8:26 AM, Spotless said:

Meditation is a communing with the subtle bodies - it is a trust - not an over-riding willfulness. The subtle bodies await growth in the presence of beingness - abide within and all will unfold - no effort required.

No effort - IS required.

Just highlighting this. 

Thanks Spotless. 

• Like 1

Hello, you have received some very good advice from people coming from different levels and experience as well as understanding.  You are ready to do something with the energy you are experiencing.  If you would like to learn Kriya Yoga or perhaps the Bon tradition of Tibet which works directly with the Divine Vibration, The Divine Sound and the Divine light, I will introduce you to a teacher. Just send a private message. I do not teach.

Now what I would like to add mostly to all that has been said already is enjoy yourself Shakti the divine consort will take you from here.

In my opinion these have been the very best replies, it would be good to re-read them:

7 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Dragon Tiger, experiences come and go - let them. :)

This reply will take time to grow into and truly comprehend. 

On 10/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jeff said:

I would suggest that you move beyond simple mantra meditation into something else that moves the energy thru your body.  You have basically just out grown your current practices.

Agreed and this next set of practices could be Kriya Yoga if it suits you.

Breath into the abdomen - not into the base of the spine.

Look up the term Hara Breath on google this is good advice but may lead to large uncontrolled energy flows, speak from experience. You have been told there is a danger and there can be,  so learning to channel the divine bliss is necessary. Some do not need it.

I most certainly did after receiving physical damage.

The divine manifesting in you is transforming you even now. Chang, Change, Change be ready :)

Meditation is not a Doing.

If you are sitting and wish to do - then do - and then move back and Be meditation.

Very good.

The energies are arising and pushing out through the nadis, sheaths and passageways - exercise and stretching is helpful

Very Helpful.

No effort - IS required.

Very good but might take a while to get completely.

Erections are to be expected there are 3 chakras  (Energy Nexis) located in the male sex organ it too is changing. Enjoy, in time when the sexual healing is largely completed they will not be so frequent. Many get caught up over leakage etc... forget such foolishness and where ever you find your self just be there fully.  You have what can be a delightful and challenging road ahead of you. My goodness try not to be too serious.

Get a teacher if you can and if you can not then posting as you have is very good for you, God knows when I was going through the initial transformations I did my fair share and it was good for me.

Welcome  glad you are here.

• Like 1

I agree, there's already a lot of great replies, thanks for everyone about that, truly appreciating :)

My biggest problems is just that i worry that i damage my body. Already have an experience of causing injury by ignoring things during meditation. And it's hard to ignore post-meditation symptoms, like some aches, or urinary difficulties caused by the prostate irritation :lol: So everytime when something "funny" happens during meditation it makes me alerted, and makes me analyze things, what happened, what caused. But this analyze is mostly post-meditational, i'm able to acknowledge and continue meditation if wanted but i'm trying to be careful, cautious.

Edited by Dragon-Tiger

On 11/30/2018 at 10:33 AM, Dragon-Tiger said:

Today, decided to try to keep concentration on forehead with om, and belly breathing. As i've also noticed this forehead meditation someway easies the pressure in pipes. It's like opposite force.

The pressure decreased from prostate slowly along the pipes and same time pressure seemed to increase in area above scrotum and somewhere inside perineum.

Gently bring the awareness to the center of the head and away from the brow.

Concentration can be defined in different ways but generally two:

1. One in which awareness is consistently less and less engaged in otherness and becomes more and more concentrated in the “simple” divine essence of Awareness.

2. One in which one is attempting a wilful act of holding ones attention upon a “singular” point/object/sound etc.

Both forms of concentration are fine - but the first IS meditation and the second is a mental practice.

Considerable strain can be found in brow concentration - and it can result in many of the anxious reactions through your subtle bodies. 

You are experiencing kundalini energies and may very well benefit from a Yoga practice that includes the Asanas. My reference to Yoga is a way of life and does not include the asanas as the defining characteristic but rather meditation and whole life commitment.

Take particular care to look at your diet and stimulants.

The entire erection thing will subside all by itself and is of no concern - but do move the awareness from those areas and find yourself back in the center of the head.

Mantra is for the first definition of concentration - it can be seen as simply a sound that can carry your awareness in stillness - and the sound settles noise among the subtle bodies carrying the Light far and wide in no time and no space.

You may find Pantanjali’s yoga sutras interesting - when he wrote it meditation was the practice and assanas were not part of yoga.

In one of the posts here someone mentioned spontaneous back bending - this was definitely along the lines of what you are dealing with - he mentioned Kriya Yoga - this may be helpful.

i experienced the same thing regarding spontaneous back bends and they were clearly massive kundalini arising in my case. I was already quite advanced in meditation and took this in stride along with very exciting inner sight. So - it may not be necessary to do anything in response. 

Early strong meditation in the brow can also be triggering a flight or fight response on a lighter level and this can trigger adrenal activity and sexual energies. Center of head does not pose these problems and it does not inhibit the growth of awareness in the brow area whatsoever.

Do also understand - many of the abilities in the brow, when developed, are among the most seductive of all siddhis - they can own you without your knowledge and bestow abilities far and wide that fall very short of the mark they have one believing in.

Above all - be good to yourself and hear your bodies in this communion of Awareness in the subtle bodies.

It would be best to land on a singular practice and with good guidance. It is difficult to respond to a mismash of practice within oneself.

The very basics of meditation will unfold everything - when you get into engineering - everyone else’s answers seem to become more important and it’s easy to get lost and overcome.

The very basics are - good upright posture - whether sitting in full lotus, half lotus, in a chair with feet on the floor, or standing - it does not matter in the least.

Breath into the lower abdomen.

Awareness in either the lower abdomen or center of the head.

Start and stop meditation on a good note - try not to stop when you hit a wall. If you are regularly experiencing a wall at a particular time then make sure you trudge through it or simply stop well before it typically happens.

As you progress your diet will need to change and behavior changes will come to you as well. Diet is EVERYTHING you take in - food, drink, media, environment, friends, news - all general noise and music as well.

Feel the bottom of your feet - the air as it passes through your nostrils - breath deeply into your abdomen and walk in and with your bodies.

Let judgement fall away - and the Light will emerge.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As we all know,
it's a life time road.

Currently,
I really struggle on this
brow/forehead meditation.

It's more struggle than meditation.

But it's a long road.
About learning.

I'll keep trying..err i mean the
trying not trying.

At least the body restlessness is
more or less ceased, for now.

Thanks again for that above very good message :)

Edited by Dragon-Tiger
  • Like 1