Sign in to follow this  
Miroku

Feet baths

Hi, my qigong teacher told me it is good to have warm feet baths with sea salt to nourish kidneys. But some sites online say the oposite. What do you guys recommend/think?

Good question...sometimes heat warms up a body part and adds energy to the body, sometimes heat warms up a body part and that causes a loss of the body's own energy.

I would say that if you do it and it causes the lower back to become cool, then it's causing a loss of energy...but if you do it and the lower back stays warm, then it's very good. If your feet are naturally cold, it's good to warm them up so that they have better circulation and the channels are functioning better there. The feet tend to correspond to the kidneys.

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Good question...sometimes heat warms up a body part and adds energy to the body, sometimes heat warms up a body part and that causes a loss of the body's own energy.

I would say that if you do it and it causes the lower back to become cool, then it's causing a loss of energy...but if you do it and the lower back stays warm, then it's very good. If your feet are naturally cold, it's good to warm them up so that they have better circulation and the channels are functioning better there. The feet tend to correspond to the kidneys.

My feet tend to be very cold at night, partly because I live in an flat that is on the ground floor and there are only cellars underneath the flat. What do you think about adding the salt?

I enjoy doing salt scrubs in the shower, ie rubbing salt and oil mixture all over.  A nice defoliant exfoliant.   Traditionally salt is purifying spiritually.  For decades athletes would take Epsom salt baths.

So, I'm for it.  Listen to your body though.   Before and after, that's the real test. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Miroku said:

My feet tend to be very cold at night, partly because I live in an flat that is on the ground floor and there are only cellars underneath the flat. What do you think about adding the salt?

It might be good to get a warmer blanket for sleeping. I tend to get cold feet, too, but my blanket is just the right temperature so that when sleeping they're warm.

I'm not sure how much the salt really has an effect, but theoretically it makes sense due to salty flavor being related to the kidneys. You could think of it like the salt telling the body to have the warmth go to nourish the kidneys.

• Thanks 1

Warm bath for feet is beneficial for the health in terms of cleansing. Warm water helps to activate blood circulation , and open up energetic channels, hence energy flow activates too. Which in its turn, helps to get rid of bad chi from the body. However, it should not be done straight after or before meal, also not if alcohol was consumed and if too tired. 

Best regards,

Kara

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can always use magnesium (epsom) salt. Then you have both a salt and magnesium which most of us are deficient in allegedly anyay. And that stuff comes in bulk, less expensively than ordinary culinary salts.

Sign in to follow this