whitesilk

creating karma

37 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

"After I quit smoking, I used to occasionally get smoking dreams for several months.  Later it became less in frequency.  But, I used to get them once in a while for years.  This shows how strong the subconscious impressions were and how strong the resulting craving was.  Such powerful craving is addiction in my definition, no matter what you explain"

If the bolded and italicized part is not meant to convey your own dream experience negating the shared understanding and experience of another, then please help me understand. 

Of course it's possible to learn from the experiences of others. 

It is not about negating anyone's or shared experience.  It's alright with me if you feel or think that is what it is.  You are welcome to draw your conclusions.  Also, I feel it may not be wise on my part to continue expanding on this here in this thread.  So, I will step aside for the discussion to continue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I am not a Buddhist, so maybe they would think you are crazy.. I would just disagree with you.

It is there tradition and beliefs, I just respect them

Their belief system relies on an orderly societal 'class' structure, the Oriental Indians at least, from which buddhism originated. A good read is "the god of small things," by arundhati roy. I studied it in high school. It is written I believe as a catharsis of a 'brahmin' who was molested in the market as a youth, I am not exactly sure if I remember correctly, something about an orange, and befriends a boy of the lower class, not the one who molested her. They lead some sort of dance to break free from the external class structure.

Edited by whitesilk
typo

13 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

There are subjects I'd like to discuss, and your posts sometimes provide a gateway to the possibility of discussion of these topics I find interesting. In my first post, I did playfully poke at you, although I was hoping the wink would indicate the nature of the post. In the second I was careful to keep it more general. 

And yes, you are judging, and that's ok. This is another topic I find interesting. 

I'm not upset with you Illumairen nor did I take your posts in a negative light.

Maybe I am judging and as you pointed out maybe I am judging myself even more.

Glad you found the topic interesting.

Edited by Jonesboy

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

So, I've spent some time considering what you've presented, and there may have been some misunderstanding. 

What I intended to refer to was the 'mind weight' placed on a specific action - the amount of baggage being carried around. And that one individual who is judging another's actions, may actually be carrying more in relation to said action than the person carrying out the action.

Now there's a thought.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Their belief system relies on an orderly societal 'class' structure, the Oriental Indians at least, from which buddhism originated. A good read is "the god of small things," by arundhati roy. I studied it in high school. It is written I believe as a catharsis of a 'brahmin' who was molested in the market as a youth, I am not exactly sure if I remember correctly, something about an orange, and befriends a boy of the lower class, not the one who molested her. They lead some sort of dance to break free from the external class structure.

Thank you for sharing the book recommendation. 

Looking at karma in the context of class structure, it can be seen as a means of further perpetuation of said structure, and can lead to both eltist and defeatist thought patterns. 

34 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

I'm not upset with you Illumairen nor did I take your posts in a negative light.

Maybe I am judging and as you pointed out maybe I am judging myself even more.

Glad you found the topic interesting.

Thanks for clarifying. 

I still find the topic interesting. 

12 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Thanks for clarifying. 

I still find the topic interesting. 

Well let's discuss.. maybe in a new thread since we have already had people say we derailed this one.

4 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

Well let's discuss.. maybe in a new thread since we have already had people say we derailed this one.

Sounds like an idea. :)

Perhaps in general discussion?

• Like 1

If you realize that everything is vibration, you understand, your vibration is what allows you to experience life in the way you do, as everything does so aswell, then you decide to become a deliberate creator, because you can choose to vibrate on purpose by virtue of your focus and ability to feel your way to what it is you truely want.

So no longer do you expand by default, but on purpose, deliberately. And so you become a deliberate creator. And so you don't expect the circumstances to change, before you decide to change first. Just like a mirror, you don't go to the mirror and change the mirror in order to change what you see. You decide to become the change you wanna see.

Because vibration/karma can be allowed.

People often observe what they see, and then get more of what they observe and see. And experience. But if you realize, you are creating, at every single moment of observation, and you can feel what you are creating/vibrating in every now moment, then you can also choose to feel a better feeling in every now moment and thus create a better karma/vibration and thus your circumstances have then no choice but to reflect back to you the better karma/vibration you have now allowed yourself to become. And it may seem selfish, but feeling better is the highest service you can ever offer to anyone ever anyway. For if you are not fully you, then you have nothing to give anyone ever.

Allot of people wanna feel better by ignoring their reality, because they think that's the only way they can ever feel better. The truth is, that if you don't care how you feel better, you allow yourself to become the unconditional being that is which is who it is you truely already are. So there is in such a decision nothing short of highest vritue of your true core essence of soul/god/source or whatever you wish to call that. It is all fine. 

Every path of lesser resistance is the right path. And if you then allow it to be the right path, you walk the only path you will ever need to walk. The path of least resistance, that is the only path that already exists anyway, as an unconditionally loving nature of who it is you really are as all of that which is who it is you truely already are, as all o that exists in all of existance already is. Our translation of all of that in our physical human body is the feeling or emotion of love / joy / freedom / pure knowingness / appreciation / empowerment.

That feeling and emotion is the indication of our here and now alignment with the all of who it is we truely already are.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Everything said:

Every path of lesser resistance is the right path

Very good thought. 

5 hours ago, Everything said:

thus create a better karma/vibration

So Everything, to you, karma is more a state of being than the previous meaning of acting with intent? I am inclined to disagree. I guess the literal translation of the word is work. I had a 'karma' yoga book, coupled with the 'bhatki' or love yoga. The book I gave away when finished to an oriental Indian. 'work' would denote action, and 'love' is an intangible concept. Perhaps I am putting my own interpretation into your writing above.

13 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Very good thought. 

So Everything, to you, karma is more a state of being than the previous meaning of acting with intent? I am inclined to disagree. I guess the literal translation of the word is work. I had a 'karma' yoga book, coupled with the 'bhatki' or love yoga. The book I gave away when finished to an oriental Indian. 'work' would denote action, and 'love' is an intangible concept. Perhaps I am putting my own interpretation into your writing above.

Everything is correct from the point of view of the tuning fork.

Switch your point of view and reread what was shared. You have to go cosmic.

Most of the Indian stuff is very practical within a cultural context. It deals with this world these people right here right now. 

The higher stuff gives you tools to discover for yourself. When you do know you will not talk so much.

When you are still fresh to knowing you will talk much to remind yourself you do know and want to help others to as well before continuing the journey.

Edited by Pilgrim

1 minute ago, whitesilk said:

I'll stay here on the Earth.

Perfect we did not come here to adorn some other reality.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Jonesboy said:

Why switch? Derailing threads is more common than sand on the beach, let it develop as it will.

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Why switch? Derailing threads is more common than sand on the beach, let it develop as it will.

Just trying to respect the OP is all. Maybe whitesilk will chime in with some thoughts on the various topics raised.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

Just trying to respect the OP is all. Maybe whitesilk will chime in with some thoughts on the various topics raised.

Respect is good, the OP is honored by the evolution they started.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, whitesilk said:

Very good thought. 

I was talking about creating karma, of your opening post.

But karma is again vibration. It is energy stream with speed and direction. That is an analogy that might help make sense to your mind. This speed is momentum. So this momentum, you can call it karma.

Edited by Everything

Think for a moment upon Karma not as something that has a good or bad to it - not as something that accumulates in any way as baggage or as freeing up or meritizing and containing points.

Simply look at it as frequencies of habituation in which the false personhood is acclimated too - at the moment (on all spectrums).

This is the Karma one is IN.

Some of these frequencies are just beginning to be en-trancing,  some have been en-trancing for many years, some are habituations that were inherited in DNA, some are immediate family personhood traits, some are losing their en-trancing holding power and some are almost completely gone.

Sleep Walking Man/Woman is like ten thousand tuning forks (desires, political positions, likes, dislikes, opinions) - some are vibrating with great strength and others are on a wide variety of vibratory strength. Some are extremely sensitive and can start vibrating at the slightest sympathetic vibration near them while others take considerable intensity to grow into a noticeable prominence. The identified personhood head space and subtle bodies space is the result of the matrix of these vibrations at any particular time. 

The sleeping waking man is caught in a labyrinth of a multitude of tuning forks phasing in and out - this is the particular color of our karma at any given moment. The construction of each compression or rigidified pattern of vibration (tuning fork) is from formation of particles of belief and position cemented in identifications and proclivities (both accumulated during present life and brought forward at birth).

Whatever group of tuning forks is most prominent at the moment is the Karma sleeping man is most in the grasp of in the Now.

Creating Karma is the creation of compressions based in positions of resistance and or insistence (willfulness).

Decomposing Karma is in the opening of bandwidth at the release of the en-tranced mind to the opened heart or True Self.

All that reinforces the trend of en-tranced identified personhood is Karmic Increasing and reinforces the current habituations and the foundational awareness IN these entrenched frequencies of the total false personhood known as "I". (which ever "I" that happens to be at the moment).

All that releases the en-tranced identified personhood from the habituations of those en-trancing entrenched frequencies is Karmic releasing. 

Upon Awakening - and abiding in an Awakened and Ever Enlightening Now - Karma (rigidified identified positioned personhood) falls away and one is not IN Karma. (However - some remains of rigidified frequencies may remain - but it is possible to NOT be IN Karma with them and this will be seen in the form of NOT becoming them when they arise and it can be seen and felt that they subside almost as fast as they arise - whereas prior as sleeping man the positioning and identification would possibly be blinding and last for many days and even more).

As sleeping man - many spontaneous and joyful acts as well as many relatively agitated acts are Karmic neutral if they are within the general realm of fully en-tranced reaction and not generating newly spawned wavelengths of differentiated coloring in the pool of rigidified compressions and held positions. 

In other words - many acts done while sleepwalking have little effect on Karma whether they look "good" or "bad".

"Doing" that is a conscious effort to release ones Self from the en-tranced Sleep Walking False Personhood of Identified Positioning - is "creating good karma" (which is clearly a misrepresentation of what is going on but these are the words that have been used for centuries). What ever is creating "good karma" is actually eliminating rigidified habituated patterns.

Try to just see the general idea here - the general tendency of habituation to frequencies that are highly rigidified reinforce the overall patterning of self identification and the loss of Self Awareness - and the ability to completely and utterly lose oneself to those en-tranced habituations and tendencies (Karma).

All forms of Practice that liberate one away from the exercising of the habituations and the freeing of ones false self to the addiction of these en-trancing positioned held frequencies - increase the overall expansion of ones possible vistas and thereby increase the overall potentials and this is why these practices can also be said to "create merit and the greater chance of a better next life".

This is precisely because the general group of held rigidified patterns that is ones Karmic pool is carried over as the potentials one is NOT held by any longer.   The less deadened and en-tranced and identified the Sleep Walker is - the greater potential and the better the prospects - meaning a much wider range of possible options.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

ah, but all of that is taken on to overcome by that which is touched by none,  

• Like 1

wow... speed read through this as I didn't know about the thread.... I was left with one thought in the end about addiction:

We all share the same addition and treat as our savior...   Eating.    Some treat the need to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day as an addiction but smile on their accomplishment of it.   Some treat the need to practice daily but isn't that as much an addiction ?

It seems to me we want to define a bogey man called addiction that we can say others have, yet we can't see the splinter that exists.  

Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as an addiction but I think our minds are very narrow in thinking it.   Having spent enough time in China where drinking is rampant, where indulgent ways seem encouraged.. it is not thought of with a word called addiction but a word called enjoyment.  We can argue it at some point from a medical level but it ignores a fundamental aspect of how the mind views it.      

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dawei said:

wow... speed read through this as I didn't know about the thread.... I was left with one thought in the end about addiction:

We all share the same addition and treat as our savior...   Eating.    Some treat the need to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day as an addiction but smile on their accomplishment of it.   Some treat the need to practice daily but isn't that as much an addiction ?

It seems to me we want to define a bogey man called addiction that we can say others have, yet we can't see the splinter that exists.  

Don't get me wrong, there is such a thing as an addiction but I think our minds are very narrow in thinking it.   Having spent enough time in China where drinking is rampant, where indulgent ways seem encouraged.. it is not thought of with a word called addiction but a word called enjoyment.  We can argue it at some point from a medical level but it ignores a fundamental aspect of how the mind views it.      

We can't decide for others what they will do. But we can choose ourselves to appreciate our food more. You then allow a more harmonious relationship with your food, in a very natural way.

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, you have addictions.  I have good habits.

Then I would say, ride the wave of your habbits and let it bring you to the best that life has to offer.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

I've been meditating on this 'creating karma' idea. Would anyone agree the conjugate of 'acting with intent' as 'not acting on an idea' that would create karma as well?

Say that I am addicted to buying used books. So if I had an idea to learn pinyin to be able to buy an entire new set of used books. Would the karma be created when I want to learn pinyin, yet do not take action to learn pinyin?