Toni

Favourite qigong system

Hello!

I am very curious to know the favourite system of the people of the forum. I am not talking about the single "best" qigong system, this probably wouldn't be a very intelligent question. I am just curious to know what is the one that you like the most. Zhineng, zhang zhuan, fragrant qi gong, wudang, Damo Mitchell's Ji Beng, 5 animals, etc?

In my case maybe I shouldn't give an answer. I haven't practiced for long and I don't know many systems yet, but perhaps Damo Mitchell's Ji Ben Qigong is my favourite one among the systems I know. I also have watched some videos about fragrant qigong, and although I have never done it, it seems very powerful to me.

Xing Yi Nei Gong, as in my profile pic. I've practiced this set exclusively for sixteen years. I've tried a few others but they haven't resonated with me.

• Like 1

I started with Taoist Ziran (Natural) Qigong.  

https://www.qigonguk.com/taoist-ziran-natural-qigong

Which simply comes down to that I can move my body to perform a Qigong form/movement like a lot of practices or I can fire up my Qi and “it” performs the movement whilst my consciousness hangs around the state between sleep and dreaming (but with complete awareness). The second way is how natural qigong practitioners perform classical forms, generate and then stabilise the vigorous energy flow through Zhang Zhuang and then skilfully harness vigorously energy flow.  

It opened many doors for me where Masters of other systems took me straight onto advanced practices which some I ended up inheriting.  

I could never have imagined the path it led me down, in my teens I simply  set my life goal to learn Old school Taoist Arts based on Zi Fa Gong (自發動功).  

Favourite systems: Stillness Movement Neigong, Old school Taoist Arts based on Zi Fa Gong (自發動功) one being Taoist Ziran Qigong, Hua Tuo Spontaneous Five Animal Play, Taoist Shamanism (Wu,巫) and Taoist Internal Martial Arts coming from a Zi Fa Gong (自發動功) approach.

Obviously this will sound biased because that’s most of what I teach, but I teach what has delivered results for me and the results I see in my qigong healing hospital style clinic. 

Edited by Qiway
  • Like 2

Anything that actually shakes your system is good as in opening Body-Mind blockages. But this anything is not everything. One must find the system that is proven to be effective (check out for lineages and how long they have been in existence for) because you'll be wasting your time if life changing results are sought.

Look within the following traditions: 

1. Taoist 

2. Buddhist

3. Sufi (harder to access than the first two)

Good luck. :)

• Like 1

I've had a simple ZZ practice and now, after about 3 years, while lying in bed in the morning I can finally feel that most of the major tension and blockages have dissolved away. It takes time and it's far too slow a process to notice. However, if you find something that works for you, your intuition will tell you and you then just have to be patient and do the practice.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

Anything that actually shakes your system is good as in opening Body-Mind blockages. But this anything is not everything. One must find the system that is proven to be effective (check out for lineages and how long they have been in existence for) because you'll be wasting your time if life changing results are sought.

Look within the following traditions: 

1. Taoist 

2. Buddhist

3. Sufi (harder to access than the first two)

Good luck. :)

Do you mean some kind of islamic qigong by sufi? Never heard of this!

On 10/4/2018 at 1:16 PM, Toni said:

Do you mean some kind of islamic qigong by sufi? Never heard of this!

Yes.  It's my primary practice.  My username is the key concept in that tradition . . .

Edited by Lataif