Toni

Years of practice

I am wondering how many years of hard training you need in order to achieve higher qigong skills, like the microcosmic orbit or healing (others) abilities. I'm training quite hard every day since the last few months, but I am 33 right now. I would like to know how many years of intense training you need in order to achieve such abilities

You're doing it wrong. You cannot achieve anything, if you ask how long. And the reason is, because you do not want to achieve anything if you donct love what you do. The more you enjoy life the more you will find the ability to enjoy life more in your own unique way. And then you will be too busy achieving beyond the ability of what anyone else has ever achieved to care about how long things take, because you are enjoying life too much to even wanna speed things up. And there is no end to the eternal journey that is life and existance. The joy is in the journey. The reward is in the joy. The passion for what you do. The love for what you do. The enjoyment of it. And so, you can't get it wrong. You can't fail. Unless you are doing something that you don't enjoy. Then you cannot succeed. And then you will always fail. But that's luckily not what you want. So you would be wise to then say, oh boy, am I glad I failed at this! It has nothing to do with me. My succes is in what I love the most in life. What matters the most to me.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I practiced 2 hours a day minimum in my 20's when I didn't have a family.

It took about 2 years before I truly opened my micro after first hearing about it. Trust me when I say, its not imaginary. You will know when the orbit is truly opened. Its literally mind blowing.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sol said:

I practiced 2 hours a day minimum in my 20's when I didn't have a family.

I admire your dedication.  May I ask, what system or teacher you used? 

Thanks

17 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I admire your dedication.  May I ask, what system or teacher you used? 

Thanks

Aikido- First teacher Donovan Waite Sensei. Mark Dorfman, Yoshinkan.

Tai Chi Chuan- Yang family, Dr Sheng first. Then various other instructors over 30 years now. Dr Roger Jahnke later on. Founder of National Qi Gong Association and IIQTC. He is now recognized by the 7 traditional Chinese families as the American lineage holder.

Yi Chuan- Cheuk Fung

Chia Lineage- Sharon Smith NY, Michael Winn, Solala Towler, Roger Jahnke

Xing Yi- Vince Black

Tai Jitsu - Dr Glenn Morris and Hatsumi Sensei.

Firearm Instruction- Makhira Group, Krav Maga, IDF training

Kundalini was with Dr Glenn Morris

Bagua- First teacher Yin style Jack Schaefer. Subsequent Gao Style lineage.

And I'm scheduled to train with a Taoist Monk at a retreat center of the Colorado Rockies in another couple months. For no matter how old one gets, there is always more to learn. And I'm still an imperfect human...

Edited by Sol
  • Like 2

MCO happens i think. Force it and you will lead yourself astray. Some say its an ongoing process even when you dont do it or even meditate at all.

Qigong is energy work, you have to put in energy and see what it does for you and how to use it. 

Healing is neat also but you need to study healing to heal folks methinks...

Wether you do it by laying on of hands, massage, herbs, meds and stuff its healing. Do your qigong and learn about you first, look at changes in you for the tangible results, never mind tinglings here or there or feeling like you ”finally get it”, just forget all that.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2018 at 5:09 PM, Sol said:

Aikido- First teacher Donovan Waite Sensei. Mark Dorfman, Yoshinkan.

Tai Chi Chuan- Yang family, Dr Sheng first. Then various other instructors over 30 years now. Dr Roger Jahnke later on. Founder of National Qi Gong Association and IIQTC. He is now recognized by the 7 traditional Chinese families as the American lineage holder.

Yi Chuan- Cheuk Fung

Chia Lineage- Sharon Smith NY, Michael Winn, Solala Towler, Roger Jahnke

Xing Yi- Vince Black

Tai Jitsu - Dr Glenn Morris and Hatsumi Sensei.

Firearm Instruction- Makhira Group, Krav Maga, IDF training

Kundalini was with Dr Glenn Morris

Bagua- First teacher Yin style Jack Schaefer. Subsequent Gao Style lineage.

And I'm scheduled to train with a Taoist Monk at a retreat center of the Colorado Rockies in another couple months. For no matter how old one gets, there is always more to learn. And I'm still an imperfect human...

Huge respect for Dr Glenn Morris (& KAP).  I started out with his books and tape series Meditative Mastery.   Always got the feeling what I really  needed was them, and time on a desert island to practice single mindedly. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thelerner said:

Huge respect for Dr Glenn Morris (& KAP).  I started out with his books and tape series Meditative Mastery.   Always got the feeling what I really was them, and time on a desert island to practice single mindedly. 

I had the fortune to study with him before KAP and before the Hoshinryu. I spent time with him right up to his departure.

I have to say, he left on purpose. I diagnosed him using TCM pulse reading about 6 months before he left and his kidney pulses were rock solid. That indicates really strong jing.

He left on April 1st as a huge joke.

I know he has some form of an immortal body now. He is easily contacted and even showed up and warned a psychic one time during one of my readings not to mess with me... I test psychics all the time and tell them nothing. Make them cold read me. And she described him down to his pincer like hand techniques. She knew nothing of me or my martial history. So his spirit lives on.

• Like 2

I got it all at the age of 27. I am 47 years old. I still give a lot of spiritual healing remotely.
It has nothing to do with your intense training and skills.
You will have a hard time solving the problem.

It would be wrong to have the training for the purpose of qigong skills and the microcosmic orbit or healing (others) abilities.
The final goal is to get out of the distract.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dosa said:

I got it all at the age of 27. I am 47 years old. I still give a lot of spiritual healing remotely.
It has nothing to do with your intense training and skills.
You will have a hard time solving the problem.

It would be wrong to have the training for the purpose of qigong skills and the microcosmic orbit or healing (others) abilities.
The final goal is to get out of the distract.

The final goal is to get out of the illusion. Is it?

Once out, most spirits want back in. Seems to be the lure of being alone in the universe...

I thought it was about getting out. But after I got out, I was made to come back by a force larger than myself.

So what's the deal with that?

Being out is pretty awesome. But we all "get out" when we die anyway. So if we don't have to do anything to get out eventually, what is then the true purpose of training and meditation?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Everything said:

You're doing it wrong. You cannot achieve anything, if you ask how long. And the reason is, because you do not want to achieve anything if you donct love what you do. The more you enjoy life the more you will find the ability to enjoy life more in your own unique way. And then you will be too busy achieving beyond the ability of what anyone else has ever achieved to care about how long things take, because you are enjoying life too much to even wanna speed things up. And there is no end to the eternal journey that is life and existance. The joy is in the journey. The reward is in the joy. The passion for what you do. The love for what you do. The enjoyment of it. And so, you can't get it wrong. You can't fail. Unless you are doing something that you don't enjoy. Then you cannot succeed. And then you will always fail. But that's luckily not what you want. So you would be wise to then say, oh boy, am I glad I failed at this! It has nothing to do with me. My succes is in what I love the most in life. What matters the most to me.

Good response, thanks, I am already enjoying the practice to a high degree! I was just curious to know the time required to achieve great things

I train every day about two hours and a half, maybe is too much, but I really love and I enjoy doing it. It's not only because I want to achieve goals. I do Wudang Qigong as taught by Yves Requena, and also Damo Mitchell Ji ben qi gong, plus some stretching workouts, static positions, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toni said:

I train every day about two hours and a half, maybe is too much, but I really love and I enjoy doing it. It's not only because I want to achieve goals. I do Wudang Qigong as taught by Yves Requena, and also Damo Mitchell Ji ben qi gong, plus some stretching workouts, static positions, etc.

That's good! Too much or too little is determined by what your body composition can handle in terms of recharge/repair rate.

Eventually you will need to move from the outer physical movements to Nei Gong.

The better you are at internal movement/visualization, the more effective your training time will become.

Yesterday I practiced marrow washing of my rib cage and spine while driving home in a hot car. I was able to charge up by the time I got home. Spent about 10 minutes and it was sufficient to fill up. Almost too much.

As you improve in your self control, your training time might fall more into the quality over quantity zone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toni said:

That's great. Then if you really love and enjoy what you do, nothing can distract you. So you're purely on your highest path and purpose in life. And all is going well, and evolving perfectly. Always in the perfect timing. So thanks for showing us how to achieve our highest purpose in life, by your very own example, by you being you, in the best way you know how to be, which is an always evolving thing, and you are perfect in every moment. You always know exactly what you need to know exactly when you need to know it, and what you don't know when you don't know it, you don't need to know when you don't know it. You always have the ability to do what you need to do when you need to do it, and what you do not have the ability to do when you don't have the ability to do it, has no need to be done when you don't have the ability to do it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sol said:

The final goal is to get out of the illusion. Is it?

Once out, most spirits want back in. Seems to be the lure of being alone in the universe...

I thought it was about getting out. But after I got out, I was made to come back by a force larger than myself.

So what's the deal with that?

Being out is pretty awesome. But we all "get out" when we die anyway. So if we don't have to do anything to get out eventually, what is then the true purpose of training and meditation?

I didn't say what I meant. 
Your opinion doesn't differ much from mine.
What I mean is I wish I don't want to come back. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dosa said:

Don't worry about that.  It is my understanding that you will not come back.

11 hours ago, dosa said:

I didn't say what I meant. 
Your opinion doesn't differ much from mine.

There is no going back. There is no regression. There is only delicious motion forward and eternal expansion. You cannot become less than all that you have allowed yourself to become. It would hurt so much, and there is no end to how painful it can get, so there's absolutely no power great enough to regress themselves into becoming less than all that they have allowed themselves to become. For that would be a very short and temporary experience, which always lead right back to the full realization of all that you truely are, in your eternal journey as an eternally worthy being forever more expanding for the sole purpose of the realization and fulfillment of every single desire, remembered or forgotten, one can possibly be inspired to allow themselves to come to the realization of.

That is how you get out. That is how you allow the freedom of who it is you truely are. That is how you break the bonds of your feelings of limitation. And bondage. You simply allow yourself to be all that freedom that you know you already truely are, right here and now, which is where all of your power is. Which is where you true authentic self is. Which is where all of your freedom truely already is! So you enjoy that freedom and expand it by virtue of allowing yourself to fully express all of the freedom you truely wish to express and you truely want to express and you truely feel inspired to express. And you allow yourself to stop struggling and just allow yourself to go with the stream of your eternal expansion and flow with it in all of the expressions of freedom you are and ever will be inspired to express in ever greater and greater ways, forevermore, feeling more and more free. Naturally, easily, effortlessly. In an inspired mode of action, in full allowance of the true essence of all of your desires, your very own eternal life force, and flowing with that power and allowing that power to flow with you and trusting it completely, for it is the power that creates worlds. And right now, it is flowing through you, and you feel the deliciousness of that being alive and so fully awake and aware. And the feeling of freedom that comes with every new endeavour you undertake in every new inspired new next big best thing you can possibly experience yourself feeling inspired to be, do in the best way you know how, which is all you need to do. And allowing the full value of any outcome that truely needs to happen, and blessing every result, no matter how it may seem or look, having absolute zero judgement whatsoever, in the full appreciation of allowing yourself to be fully who you are and trusting that nothing can ever go wrong in that, for you are eternally worthy and infinitely valuable, and you will always be unconditionally supported in allowing yourself to be whoever it is you want to be, for you exist as existance itself, at the very center of all that exists, always, right here and right now, right here and right now, where all of the power you will ever need, always is.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1