interpaul

New to Taoism, struggling with

I am new to Taoism.  I've always been interested in it but never looked deeply into until some marital struggles have forced me to look deeply into many aspects of my life.    Hoping this will be a good forum to share ideas and learn. 

• Like 4

Hello, Interpaul, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome interpaul,

Hope you enjoy the forum. I think it’s a nice place to share and learn. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Hi interpaul.  Welcome.

Yes, this is a good place to seek guidance.  But take care regarding presenting too much personal information.  There are people on this planet who will use the information against you.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Hello, Interpaul, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome interpaul,

Hope you enjoy the forum. I think it’s a nice place to share and learn. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thank you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Hi interpaul.  Welcome.

Yes, this is a good place to seek guidance.  But take care regarding presenting too much personal information.  There are people on this planet who will use the information against you.

Good advice, thanks!

• Like 1

Welcome interpaul!  In my experience it is the struggles that invariably made me introspect and find the way ahead.  

Look forward to hearing more from you in the discussions!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, s1va said:

Welcome interpaul!  In my experience it is the struggles that invariably made me introspect and find the way ahead.  

Look forward to hearing more from you in the discussions!

Thanks.  I tell my friends my wife is a master teacher as thru our struggles I am learning a lot about myself

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Hi Interpaul!

What aspect of Taoism are you struggling with?

-Lost in Translation

Thanks for asking. I came to Taoism after experiencing a kundalini type awakening while practicing semen retention. Someone suggested books by Mantak Chia. I know there are a lot of folks here who feel his practices are dangerous. I’ve enjoyed becoming more aware of my chi. My biggest question at present relates to whether semen retention is in alignment with Taoist practices. After 3 weeks of semen retention I experienced intense energy in my body during meditation. I felt an ejaculation coming on and attempted some of the practices to direct the energy up to the crown as well as contracting the PC muscles but ejavulated anyway. It didn’t feel satisfying, I lost weeks of retention effort and wondered if the practice was ultimately contrary to the Tao and unhealthy 

7 minutes ago, interpaul said:

Thanks for asking. I came to Taoism after experiencing a kundalini type awakening while practicing semen retention.

Ah, I see. There is a dedicated men's section of TBD that may be able to address this topic. Taoists are a varied lot. Many swear by semen retention. I can't help you in that regard since I follow the Tao in a different manner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Taoists are a varied lot. Many swear by semen retention. I can't help you in that regard since I follow the Tao in a different manner.

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Edited by dosa