yuuichi

Concerning Jade

I was surprised that there isn’t a topic about this. I know that Jade is considered very important in China. It is the equivalent of gold to them.

Is there differences between Jade, particularly between white and green? Someone called @Taomeow says that green jade has more wood element? But I thought Jade = gold (which is a metal, so the metal element)?

And someone called @Taoist Texts quoted a source which talks about clear jade. I’ve never heard of clear jade before. I don’t think it exists.

If anyone can include quotes from actual daoist texts then that would be amazing

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, yuuichi said:

@Taoist Texts quoted a source which talks about clear jade. I’ve never heard of clear jade before. I don’t think it exists.

hi)

the original says 玉jade清pure池pool, so its the pool which is clear, not jade)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 24/09/2018 at 8:30 AM, Taoist Texts said:

hi)

the original says 玉jade清pure池pool, so its the pool which is clear, not jade)

Hi taoist texts, if you can, could you please share any other ancient taoist texts talking about jade? I don’t understand the Chinese fascination with it so I would like to understand it.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2018 at 8:51 AM, Taoist Texts said:

I am not sure about 'taoist' but there is plenty of info available:

Thank you for sharing those webpages about Jade. Don’t the ancient taoist texts ever not mention jade (玉)? I don’t really want to hear what others say about Jade, but to read what the ancient Daoists spoke about jade or the jade pure pool as mentioned above.

If anyone can share some quotes about Jade from Daoist ancient texts, that would be so amazing. For example, the member Taoist Texts had a really good quote here: 

If anyone knows any similar quotes, that would be good

Edited by yuuichi

Jade is considered to be many things and it is said to emboy many virtues of a true person.

Jade can have different effects on your body and energy and also be beneficial to your mind. All in all it is a purifying stone as well as it helps you accumulate. It can be used for healing and also for protection.

Afaik jade is closely related to the water element, but every stones effect varies from piece to piece and they also create a bond with the bearer over time. If one has a piece of jade that has been used for esoterical exercises by someone else its not wise to use it for such purposes oneself. Idk if it can be cleansed or reset for someone new to use but in times of old jade that was worn in contact with the skin eiter followed its owner to the grave or it was kept as a memento of that person.

I have some experience of working with jade but i’m not at liberty to discuss it in detail, especially since the stones need to be right for the person, not mistreated and a bunch of other stuff. It’s not like you can go to the jewelers or a geomancers store and just pick up any piece, you need someone who knows jade well to help you either find a piece or tell you what to look for.

Jade is personal, folks who flash their greens do so to show their monetary power, its ostentation. Someone of right character keeps their jade to themselves.

Jade should, because of its properties and relation to the water phase, never be worn with chain or rings of metal, especially not gold. If you see a piece mounted on a gold something that stones energy is corrupted and waning.

Powerful pieces should not be kept together so they touch or are in eachothers vicinity for extended periods of time, their energies will be affected and who’s to say what happens then.

Exactly why it’s so precious is hard to say. I do know that it is not proper to speak of the price of jade since it is priceless. A deal between to people for passing ownership is different but the jade itself is invaluable. 

There are many different classes of jade, some are less valuable and some more. Some type is thought to be the fosilized sperm of male dragons which is very potent, Dragon Jade. White jade, gold jade, green jade. Kingfisher Jade is another type of particular green hues thats held in high regard.

The colour or combination of colours in one stone and how its cut is also a huge deal. A three color stone, say milky white, pale orange and pale green is considered a very lucky and happyness bringing piece because it symbolizes the three blessings. A piece of kingfisher jade can have striations and variations, i’ve seen pieces that have three distinct tones of green that can have importance for energetic aspects.

How its sculpted matters also, symbolism is important. Medicine gourds, bats, winds, cranes, trees, flowers, pots, dragons etc etc.

A good artist uses the stones properties to enchance the artwork and the artwork should embellish and agument the stones qualities.

It’s hard to talk about jade without discussing a specific piece.

It has relation to the heart for protection and healing, it has uses for neigong and all sorts of stuff.

Thats all i can say atm.

• Like 2

Tidbits about jade: 

sculptors of jade apparently never sign their work, even though its a highly specialized art and skill that pays well. Iirc its unsigned to respect the material and so its not claimed. Jade stands alone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kara_mia said:

Also I heard that jade is associated with kidneys.

Best regards,

Kara

Me also, not only way of it’s alignment with the water phase in WuXing theory but i’ve also noticed that the connection has been observed in other cultures as well, for instance the type of jade that consists of the mineral Nephrite confirms this through etymology since nephros is the classical greek word for kidney.

Jade is pretty common in certain diverse areas globally, i read from wikipedia that it is apparently very common in New Zealand among other places.

It seems to me that humans have sought/collected and meaningfully interacted with jade for a pretty long time.

I’m fascinated by gemstones in general but jade and lapiz lazuli have always been special to me for some reason, my mom had a necklace of each stone and i used to look and touch them often.

She noticed after a while and said that it was good that i was playing with them because both jade and lapis lazuli need to be touched or they become sad and lonely, by which she meant that both benefit aestetically from being in contact with skin. Lapis lazuli especially, i remember seeing that necklace in my late teens and it was had become dull and grayish because of neglect.

So remember to pet your gems folks! :D

• Like 2

That Jade pecker just reminded me of reading an interview somewhere featuring this lady who was a teacher and master of a Qi Gong and Nei Gong style exclusively for bearers of vaginas. One of their main practices consisted of using a ball or egg of jade for vaginal and pelvic floor exercise and as integral part of breath and energy work, both for internal and external use in meditation.

I remember that she explained that the jade needed for these exercises was Dragon Jade, the highly prized ans sought after kind that is considered to be coagulated and crystallized dragon semen, which had all sorts of benefits for those practicing this style.

Iirc correctly the jade was used both internally and externally to aid meditation, physical exercises and so forth.

I wanna say it was a pretty big feature with lots of info in a printed media work.

Unfortunately my collection of kung fu / tai chi magazines has been lost for years.

All i can remember is that she was a former highly esteemed yoga instructor that had been introduced to the style by the then current lineage holder. She used  a lot of yoga terminology but it was a daoist method, one of the few times i’ve read so much in detail about an exclusively female art sourced from an experienced practicioner. Idk but the subject isn’t very usual.

She just stood out in her indefinable 30-60s among all the folks in traditional suits and beautiful weapons, just regular sweats and a t-shirt.

Wish i could be more exact about, maybe someone read that same piece and still has it? Wishful thinking perhaps.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1