Arkx6

Recommended online buddhism courses?

So am about to start a 10 week online vipassana meditation course...

im wondering about studying a buddhism course online after this...any recommendations?

interested in how to practicaly walk the buddhist park.

also if buddhism is seeing things as they really are and the world is a reflection of our minds and beliefs...then i can see negativity creates a hellish reality for one to live in...but positivity creates a beautiful reality that is empowering but is it seeing things as they are? Confused...

• Like 1

Good luck with the online vipassana course, I hope it goes well. Is there any particular tradition of buddhism that you feel drawn too, like Theravadin, Zen, Mahayana or Tibetan etc.?

On 22/09/2018 at 4:03 PM, Arkx6 said:

So am about to start a 10 week online vipassana meditation course...

im wondering about studying a buddhism course online after this...any recommendations?

NONE. I was told this before attending a Vipassana retreat in Chom Tong (Chiang Mai, Thailand). During and after. Hardcore practice is all you'll ever need.

You'll learn real Buddhism amongst teachers in a monastery setting. No books, no internet, no taking to others (relatively speaking) since it is a silent retreat.

When I finished I quickly realised how blocked my body-Mind was. Incredible.

It's not an easy path; lucky us there are others that deliver the goods too. But in the end it's all about the practitioner not the method; however some methods are 'faster' than others.

Edited by Gerard

A long strict retreat can be bit too much for a beginner. But if you think you can do it do it.

There are many ways how to go forward after that. The best would be keep on sitting everyday at least a little bit. To keep up the momentum. In the end it is all basically about going to a retreat practicing and keeping the momentum. If you are really interested then this is what your life will be like, kinda.

The online course ... it really depends on you. What you want and expect. If you are into theravada then the best will probably be to move in that direction.  The best would be to find a teacher or sangha. Meet with them from time to time and that itself helps a lot. Also read some translations of sutras and commentaries.

Good luck.

I am more then satisfied with Mingyur Rinpoches online courses Joy of Life. https://tergar.org/

Also there is https://dharmasun.org/tte/ what Aetherous suggested. School of Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche.

There is also https://samyeinstitute.org/ This is online platform for teachings of Phakchok Rinpoche. He is grandson of famous Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche, and nephew to above mentioned Mingyur and Chokyi.

Those schools are both Dzogchen and Mahamudra traditions (nyingma kagyu), and Tulku Urgyen Rinpoches lineage.

Edited by Shagrath