andrew1139

Tingling in hands

Alright, so for a long time i had this thing where my hands would easly start tingling when simply concentrating on them. When I did zhan zhuang, I started feeling that tingling even stronger. I'm on my computer for a good portion of the day, so my guess is that, so that i can type faster, I started concentrating more and more on my hands, which led to the qi being more intense in those zones. While I'm happy that I started to see some effects already, I'm kinda worried. In the rest of the body I can barely feel anything. I want my qi to flow smoothly everywhere through my body before I start cultivating my LTD, and this is kinda stopping me. So in the end, is it a good thing or a bad thing that I can feel it so much in my hands?

Probably that tingling is a good sign, that the nerves and capillaries are waking up. Hands are very sensitive so will feel it early, but easily with regular practice over a few weeks then many other sensations will become familiar.

Another good thing is simply placing the hands over dantian location when standing or sitting.

This guy shows some good practice for getting used to feeling the chi moving by using the sensitivity of the tingly hands:

• Like 3

On 9/20/2018 at 2:04 PM, andrew1139 said:

Alright, so for a long time i had this thing where my hands would easly start tingling when simply concentrating on them. When I did zhan zhuang, I started feeling that tingling even stronger. I'm on my computer for a good portion of the day, so my guess is that, so that i can type faster, I started concentrating more and more on my hands, which led to the qi being more intense in those zones. While I'm happy that I started to see some effects already, I'm kinda worried. In the rest of the body I can barely feel anything. I want my qi to flow smoothly everywhere through my body before I start cultivating my LTD, and this is kinda stopping me. So in the end, is it a good thing or a bad thing that I can feel it so much in my hands?

Whether it is good or bad is one thing.  It should not be a big deal from what I am reading.  But worrying about this (or worry in general) can do more damage than most of the underlying issues that we worry about.  It can constrict the flow of qi.  Best thing is to let go while still looking for a way to understand what is going on.