Sign in to follow this  
whitesilk

Danny's chant by FM

Well, the song is posted on YouTube so I would say that the producers have not enforced copyright restrictions.

As long as you give credit to the owner, Fleetwood Mac, which you have, and you take no claim to the music I don't see a problem.

Thanks marblehead, Is copyright really that simple as to simply provide a citation? Looking back, I might need to edit some of my textual posts if I cannot merely provide a source of the material.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

Thanks marblehead, Is copyright really that simple as to simply provide a citation? Looking back, I might need to edit some of my textual posts if I cannot merely provide a source of the material.

There are restrictions I'm not aware of but basically, if you use something word for word you are supposed to give credit to the author.  If you paraphrase someone you should still give credit where you can.

The main thing is to not take credit for someone else's work and to not attempt to make a profit from the work of others.

That's as far as I can go with that.  From what I have seen of your posts there is no problem but then I likely have not viewed all your posts.

• Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this