Flolfolil

nvm

I have actually heard of a method of walking similar to what you presented, Toes down first, then ball of foot, then heels.

I never tried it and I even forget what benefit was supposed to be gained from doing it.

On 17/09/2018 at 7:24 AM, Marblehead said:

I have actually heard of a method of walking similar to what you presented, Toes down first, then ball of foot, then heels.

I never tried it and I even forget what benefit was supposed to be gained from doing it.

Mr Nishihira advocated that in some kata , mostly  when  cross-stepping ; eg; moving sideways in horse stance.

he was always ; " feel, grip, with toes, strong on the ground  " . This comes from training in a real envrionment , and not on a polished wooden gym floor , sliding the feet around on or above the floor was 'not on' .  I see people that train like that often trip up or stumble when 'outside' on rough or uneven  ground.

Mr Nishihira learnt that from his uncle  Hohan Soken , who had the fav trick of getting students to do their kata on a log floating on his pond, sometimes he would jump on the log with them and fight them.

tricky footwork that !

Now, try that ^  while kicking,  punching and blocking  :) 

• Like 2

Hai Flolfolil!

I bet walking around like that would make you a badass at jump-rope. It's actually extremely fascinating work, and I like your attention to detail.

I remember this one time, i was so wigged out over something, and i ran digitigrade down the street barefoot. I was not thinking about doing it that way, it was just spontaneous. The thing is, i was stonished at how mindbogglingly fast it all happened. It definitely had the sense of being more like a controlled fall.