s1va

Any movie that did not tire you after watching few times?

This is not necessarily about your favorite movie.  You are welcome to share your favorite movie also.  I am talking about movies you have watched few times already, but wouldn't really mind watching again.  Not just mind, but you know you will enjoy most of the sequences or the actual flow of the movie and it will keep your attention.  We all may like certain parts of the movie and are willing to watch it any number of times.  This is not about a small sequence or one scene, but a major portion of the movie you enjoy the way it flows from one scene to the next.  

One such movie that I happened to have watched few times was The Mummy (1999).  The first movie in the series.  I don't like the other movies in the sequence so much.  I think the first part is shot well and nicely flows from one scene to other.  Excellent screen play.  Any movie any of you felt the same way and would like to share?

• Like 2

Nice topic!  i love hearing what books/films others find fascinating!

for me, there are so many... so... so many...  lol 

off the top of my head:

Stalker and Solaris by Andrei Tarkovsky

The Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman

Woman in the Dunes by Hiroshi Teshigahara

Blade Runner by Ridley Scott

Hero by Zhang Yimou

The Zero Theorum, Brazil and The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus by Terry Gillium

Mind Walk by Bernt Amadeus Capra

My Dinner with Andre by Louis Malle

Dreams by Akira Kurosawa

Spirited Away, Totorro and Ponyo by Hayao Miyazaki

The Lord of the Rings by Peter Jackson

The Lord of the Rings by Ralph Bakshi

Groundhog Day by Harold Ramis

50 First Dates by Peter Segal

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Nice topic!  i love hearing what books/films others find fascinating!

Yes, I feel the same.  Also, by knowing what others find fascinating and why, sometimes I see that same movie or book in a different light.

When you post a movie name (favorite or the ones that didn't tire you after watching few times), if you can find a YouTube trailer or a poster image, please share that here with your post.

• Like 1

Agreed.  It's kind of horrible and very good at the same time.  It is not one of my favorite movies.    But I love the way some sequences are shot in the movie.  The flow is brilliant.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 6:53 PM, CityHermit! said:

So many, it could take me a while to make a list.

Perhaps start with the most recent one you watched.

12 hours ago, s1va said:

Perhaps start with the most recent one you watched.

The most recent one that I've watched many times and could? Well my significant other watched Snatch for the first time with me not very long ago, I saw that one in theaters back in the day. I must have watched some others with some friends of mine since, as we watched movies a lot including ones we've seen already. We watch many in a given evening though, I'd have to think more on what we saw recently. But really the list would be very long, possibly hundreds of titles or more. I've seen lots of movies and lots more than once that I would readily see again.

• Like 1

Everyone I've ever enjoyed. I've seen 2001 over 100 times. I watched The Shining 40+ times in the autumn/winter one year. I could watch Aranofsky's "The Fountain" any time. Groundhog Day, Shawshank Redemption, Pull Fiction are movies I never seek to watch, but will always set and enjoy if they're on. Natural Born Killers, A Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver, there were times in my life I watched those movies everyday. 

Books too. I've read Clive Barker's "Imajica" four times, no small feat lol considering it's 900 page length. Art is art. Books and films created by a true auteur take a long time to create, so if you enjoy them, thinking you can experience all the have to offer in one observation is almost vulgar to me. I look at them like albums. I prefer to listen to an album from start to finish, not piecemeal. And everyone listens to songs over and over. Watching movies is no different. I used to just keep my favorites running always on a TV, no matter what else I was doing, and some part might catch my attention and I'd watch for a bit, then get back to it, just like with an album.

• Like 1

The Fisher King
Stalker
Green mile
Groundhog day
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Godfather (1972)

...and a couple of Russian films from Sovet Union period.

Edited by Pavel Karavaev
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Pavel Karavaev said:

The Fisher King
Stalker
Green mile
Groundhog day
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
The Godfather (1972)

...and a couple of Russian films from Sovet Union period.

Love your list.  You remind me, I've yet to see the Green Mile...

Also, I'd love the names of those soviet films.

I've come to love the 2016 movie Arrival. I seem to fall harder in love with the film every time I watch it. Why? I dig it's focus on linguistics and the overall importance that the film places on communication. I enjoy it's flow and the non-linearity it presents. The symbolism littered throughout the film is wonderful and somewhat esoteric. I particularly like how the traditional dark vs. light imagery is reversed, suggesting that darkness is just the unknown and not to be feared. The way the film demonstrates linguistic relativity (language shapes the way we think) is pretty cool. The film also tugs at my heart strings by capturing the idea that it is better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.  

Also, I just enjoy the way it leaves me feeling and the messages it brings to mind. The film speaks to me of the beauty of living in the here and now. It speaks to me of the beauty of human connection. It speaks to me of the importance of remaining open instead of rushing to paranoid self-preservation. It leaves me feeling optimistic and alive. 

All that said, it's a great flick from start to finish and one that I've thoroughly enjoyed watching on multiple occasions. 

Edited by Rishi Das
  • Like 1

On 26.10.2018 at 2:51 PM, silent thunder said:

Love your list.  You remind me, I've yet to see the Green Mile...

Also, I'd love the names of those soviet films.

It is different films in compare to this list. I think they kind of untranslatable in some part, and someone need to be russian enough to get it fully.  ;)
There is a few:
The cranes are flying 1957
Moscow does not believe in tears 1980 (oscar in 1980)
Only old men are going to battle 1973

Pretty much anything Wes Anderson. I've probably watched the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou about 300 times and it still makes me cry (even though it is overall pretty heartwarming). Some of Bill Murray's finest work.

vlcsnap-00022.jpg