Sign in to follow this  
BabyLion

My pleasure to join

Hello there,

About a week ago, after listening to Tao Te Ching audiobook on YouTube for the second time, I recognized how deeply a part of mine got fascinated by this extraordinary teaching, and I found myself at the beginning of a journey of studying it. There is something about the combination of wisdom-filled simplicity and mind-blowing metaphorical depths in this book that totally makes me "go nuts" - yet I don't suppose there's a need for me to argue my point about this; being surrounded by many tao-lovers in this community, that is.

What led me to look for a community like this is an unfathomable world of TTC translations out there, and the surprising amount of difference there seems to be between some of them. I find  myself binge-reading as many interpretations available online as possible in order to get a clear sense of what this or that line could possibly mean. And I feel a need to find a space where I could discuss (or find ongoing discussions) about certain parts of this wonderful book in order to make sense of some especially vague parts.

My gratitude to you, beautiful people, for keeping this community alive and well; and I hope we all will have a wonderful time here.

Respectfully,

Vidmantas from Lithuania, Europe.

• Like 3

Hello, babylion, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Vidmantas,

We have plenty of threads going over each translation, verse by verse, in depth and with different versions. I'm sure you'll love it here. Welcome and enjoy! :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin 

Hi Baby Lion.  Welcome.

Yeah, as long as I'm here (and many others too) there will be discussions of Taoist Philosophy.  Join in where and when ever you are ready.

Welcome Baby Lion! I'm glad you found us, and look forward to your joining in the TTC discussions. There are a LOT of them! A veritable goldmine!  Enjoy :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this