Pietro

Hurrah for the man

Yeah, an old TCM staple -- treat poison with poison. They used saltpeter and arsenic and poisonous insects (centipede, scorpion) for tumors two thousand years ago. Now "cutting-edge" researchers are finding the "active factors" in these goodies -- arsenic is part of standard treatment for some blood-based cancers in China (endorsed by Mao who disliked TCM but didn't ban it, thank god, explaining his stance in a famous statement, "we don't care if it's a black cat or a white cat as long as it catches mice.") Scorpion poison is so medicinally invaluable that it sells for about 50 times the price of gold and no one can afford it but the large pharmaceutical companies... In Africa, they've known for centuries that some types of lymphoma disappear if a patient happens to contract malaria. Now anthrax. Yeah, but I'm not holding my breath. No one is interested in a "cure," repeat business is the foundation of commercial success and cancer is the biggest industry after the military. Yes, even bigger than oil.

Depression is a pretty big cash cow for the big pharma companies too.

What needs to be done is develop a harmless cancer-killing version of anthrax and then market it for something else, something popular that it works for too. For example, say someone discovered a simple cure for depression and bipolar disorder, that also happened to remarkably improve libido. Let's say they wanted to bring down Big Pharma, with respect to the selling of antidepressants. If such a person tried to directly prove their simple cure worked better than antidepressants, they couldn't win, particularly against such a big army of lawyers. However, if that person made a silly spectacle of herself selling the cure for something as popular and naughty as raising libido--its use would become widespread and the need for antidepressants would go away naturally, as a matter of course. ;)

Didn't Crowley figure out how to cure yourself of cocaine addiction? By switching to heroin? :lol:

Hurrah for the man who signs with his name.

Hurrah for those who sign with their real name,

for those that ignore anonimity.

Who stand by what they claim,

and accept the weather of social criticism.

Hurrah for the

:wacko: Sean Omlor,

:unsure: Sean Danty,

:lol: Plato Rosinke,

:o Buddy Tripp,

:) Drew Hempel,

B) Brian Kennedy,

:huh: Keith Frantzis,

and all the ones that I might have forgotten.

Hurrah for all those and for the teacher who teach with their name,

the Bruce Frantzis, Michael Winn and David Verdesi.

Who did not need to change their name into a

lama-sifu-master-joe-nanda-tzu

Hurrah for those who put their face in their avatar.

Or, if too ugly, have their face linked somwhere.

Hurrah for us who don't keep the door open of the "it wasn't me".

Who don't criticise others for what they have done

while hiding behind the veil of anonimity.

Shame on those who keep themself hidden.

Who use strange ambiguous names,

symbolic, indeed !

Who avoid the "who are you?" questions.

Who require from others (with anger, not least)

what they themselves are not ready to give.

Who divide public figures, who need to be x-scanned, teared apart, and thrown eggs to,

from the anonymous mass, and then from this anonymous mass,

throw eggs to all the public figures who don't comply to their high standards.

Hurrah for those who do not divide into public figures and mass,

but realise that we are all human beings, all have our names, our experience, our faults, and we correct them all the time. And who give to others the space to make those corrections.

Yes, I do divide.

High, in my esteem, are the first;

low, the others.

Pietro

CORRECTIONS:

ok, so took away Ian, out of Ian's request. Added a P to to Buddy's name. Any other request?

Hold your horses now sweetie a name is just a name, why don't you show us your face just for starters? Or are you ugly?

xoxoxo :P

Rosy

Hold your horses now sweetie a name is just a name, why don't you show us your face just for starters? Or are you ugly?

xoxoxo :P

Rosy

I am ugly :)

If you look at the end of my posts, in my signature, there is my website. Inside there you will find plenty of picture of me.

Pietro

Didn't Crowley figure out how to cure yourself of cocaine addiction? By switching to heroin? :lol:

Crowley got himself on and off heroin quite a few times with extensive records of the withdrawal and results. He claimed that going back on was voluntary and mainly for medical and personal research purposes, who knows though. The heroin was, initially at least, being administered by his Dr. due to his lifelong asthma.

I am ugly :)

If you look at the end of my posts, in my signature, there is my website. Inside there you will find plenty of picture of me.

Pietro

Poor thing you're not that ugly, you just need a shave LOL. Are you married? xoxo

Rosy

Pietro,

You're not ugly brother. I just wish I could say the same about your website. :blink:

Poor thing you're not that ugly, you just need a shave LOL. Are you married? xoxo

Rosy

Pietro's got some serious inner game. Ya just gotta shave the damn fro compadre. That look went out with Different Strokes:

image_5164882.jpg

Whatchyou talkin' bout Willis?

Hurray for me!!!

*Pats himself on the back*

d'oh.

You said exactly what I thought when reading these silly judgmental (from both sides) posts.

oh well...

hurray for me too.

:D

d'oh.

You said exactly what I thought when reading these silly judgmental (from both sides) posts.

oh well...

hurray for me too.

:D

My favorite word, "judgmental." In linguistics, such words, rare in all languages, are known as "self-embodying" (there's a more technical term which I forget). E.g., the word "English" is an English word that means "English," and is an example of a self-embodying word -- unlike the word "French" which is an English word that means "French." "A noun" IS a noun and means "a noun," and is therefore a self-embodying word; whereas "a verb" is a noun that means "a verb." The word "typed," when it is typed, is self-embodying, whereas when it is handwritten, carved in stone, or shouted, it isn't. The word "judgmental," when referring to "these silly judgmental posts," is... you've guessed it, right? <_< That's what I love about it. It is impossible to use without embodying it. In taoist texts it is called "ti." I wish it was this easy to "ti taiji," embody taiji, as it is to "ti judgmental..." :D

My favorite word, "judgmental." In linguistics, such words, rare in all languages, are known as "self-embodying" (there's a more technical term which I forget). E.g., the word "English" is an English word that means "English," and is an example of a self-embodying word -- unlike the word "French" which is an English word that means "French." "A noun" IS a noun and means "a noun," and is therefore a self-embodying word; whereas "a verb" is a noun that means "a verb." The word "typed," when it is typed, is self-embodying, whereas when it is handwritten, carved in stone, or shouted, it isn't. The word "judgmental," when referring to "these silly judgmental posts," is... you've guessed it, right? <_< That's what I love about it. It is impossible to use without embodying it. In taoist texts it is called "ti." I wish it was this easy to "ti taiji," embody taiji, as it is to "ti judgmental..." :D

Hehehe ... how judgemental of you ... oops :o I just self-embodied didn't I :lol::lol::lol:

So what about Tao then? Can there ever be a 'point' of not embodying Tao?

To Tao or not to Tao? That is the question.

Nice post by the way.

Be careful, bro.

Hey you there, your avatar looks so pure and abstract, then one reads at your signature and the impression is that of a sex starved lonely perv. Which is which LOL

Rosy

Rosy

Ever heard about La Viuda Negra, sweetie?

xoxoxo

Rosy