Pietro

Hurrah for the man

we are boring the rest of the bums reminescing like that... ;)

They should man up and drink some of the Powerthirst... :)

t-3qncy5Qfk

I usually give my full name at the introduction thread of any forums I use.

I agree with Buddy though, about too easy to run your mouth while anon. I think using your real name is a sign of maturity, taking full responsibility for your mouth and your key strokes.

I usually give my full name at the introduction thread of any forums I use.

I agree with Buddy though, about too easy to run your mouth while anon. I think using your real name is a sign of maturity, taking full responsibility for your mouth and your key strokes.

Well considering what you revealed, and the school you are signed in,

I would not open a PM if I thought it contained your real name. :rolleyes:

It's just a secret I don't need to know.

Well considering what you revealed, and the school you are signed in,

I would not open a PM if I thought it contained your real name. :rolleyes:

It's just a secret I don't need to know.

I can honestly say I have no idea what you mean.

/shrug

I can honestly say I have no idea what you mean.

/shrug

Sorry, I understood you were an homosexual or bisexual man, who were studying with BKF. Now BKF CANNOT teach to an homosexual man. If he ever knows that he is in such a position he would be forced to throw you out, or stop teaching all together. Knowing your real name would put me in the position of having a secret versus my teacher. Something I am not really happy to have.

Sorry, I understood you were an homosexual or bisexual man, who were studying with BKF. Now BKF CANNOT teach to an homosexual man. If he ever knows that he is in such a position he would be forced to throw you out, or stop teaching all together. Knowing your real name would put me in the position of having a secret versus my teacher. Something I am not really happy to have.

Well I never studied under or with BKF in the lineage sense. I took a few classes,seminars and retreats between 1996-2000. Thats it. Ever since then I realized that I could spend several lifetimes perfecting what I learned during that time and it was time to move on to dedicated solo practice indefinitely. I started out wanting to learn more of his MA stuff but shifted to focusing primarily on nei gung and sitting meditation.

As for secrets? There is no secrets here. Who in the world could actually care what my sexual preferences are anyway? My own father knows I am bisexual and he thinks I am lucky.

It says F on my license, last time I looked anyway. :)

I think it would be pretty funny to get thrown out of a class I paid for , for being bisexual. Not to mention that that would make a great blog post. I can not see how big K could possibly profit from it. Here in SF, that might be a big fucking mistake actually. Cellphone cam ftw.

Anyway, after being exposed here and there from time to time, as well as having over 150,000 video views on my personal youtube channel. I have nothing to hide.

BKF is not my teacher anymore anyway. It is completely irrelevent.

My name is Jane Alexander and I am no one's student at this time.

post-5437-1202326739_thumb.jpg

Edited by SFJane

Jane, I think your videos rock. Especially, the one where you are talking about doing neidan for two weeks straight. Can't find it in your profile though.

:)

I'm a beginner and probably about to get my ass kicked but I've found the TTC profound and want to try to live by it, I teach myself Chi Kung for my health and I will be reading the Eva Wong book in the bookclub to learn more BUT what is this about somebody not working with someone homosexual? A couple of times on the board lately (when people haven't been worrying about who's taking money from who) I've perceived what looks like homophobia. Can someone explain this to a European woman in her middle years?

Also, lists of people's names put up and PMs being made public? It doesn't feel very good in here. I know - tell me to leave, that's ok. I'd just like to understand what's going on because it doesn't look like Taoism.

Hello 'Onigiri',

I'm a beginner and probably about to get my ass kicked but I've found the TTC profound and want to try to live by it, I teach myself Chi Kung for my health and I will be reading the Eva Wong book in the bookclub to learn more BUT what is this about somebody not working with someone homosexual? A couple of times on the board lately (when people haven't been worrying about who's taking money from who) I've perceived what looks like homophobia. Can someone explain this to a European woman in her middle years?

Doeas asking you to read another thread count as kicking your ass?

Also, lists of people's names put up and PMs being made public? It doesn't feel very good in here. I know - tell me to leave, that's ok. I'd just like to understand what's going on because it doesn't look like Taoism.

The name that I put up where strictly the name of people who are using their name publicly.

Except for Ian, for which there was a bit of confusion (I also know him on another internet site), and I corrected.

Hello 'Onigiri',

Doeas asking you to read another thread count as kicking your ass?

The name that I put up where strictly the name of people who are using their name publicly.

Except for Ian, for which there was a bit of confusion (I also know him on another internet site), and I corrected.

No, my ass feels fine, thanks. That was a very helpful thread and I can see now that there are plenty of people on here who aren't homophobes, which makes me more comfortable.

No, my ass feels fine, thanks. That was a very helpful thread and I can see now that there are plenty of people on here who aren't homophobes, which makes me more comfortable.

Well, the problem is a deeper one. On the one side people want authenthic traditional teachings, (you know, the water method, Wang Li Ping, lineage masters...), on the other they protest because the traditional teachings do not conform to our modern western ethics (a teacher in one had to swear not to teach to male homosexual, on the other school a bull is being killed in a ritual). Traditional China was not the modern western world, and somehow we need to accept that.

As the teachings arrive here they will somehow change. The problem is that when they change too much they loose part of their flavour, and feel more and more like new age crap. Finding the right balance is tricky.

Your ass still ok?

Can I go on?

Well, the problem is a deeper one. On the one side people want authenthic traditional teachings, (you know, the water method, Wang Li Ping, lineage masters...), on the other they protest because the traditional teachings do not conform to our modern western ethics (a teacher in one had to swear not to teach to male homosexual, on the other school a bull is being killed in a ritual). Traditional China was not the modern western world, and somehow we need to accept that.

As the teachings arrive here they will somehow change. The problem is that when they change too much they loose part of their flavour, and feel more and more like new age crap. Finding the right balance is tricky.

Your ass still ok?

Can I go on?

It is something I've thought about a bit. I can see the huge problem with wanting to be authentic but with us having entirely different ethics now. To be honest, I'm not sure that authentic is always the way to go. Just because something was done a few thousand years ago, doesn't make it the best.

You can go on if you like, I don't mind. I love to learn. I know nothing about methods and masters and I wonder if we sometimes place too much importance on things that we can find on our own. I wonder what 'new age crap' is too? You mean just playing and not doing it according to the original teachings? I'll probably just annoy you because I don't know enough to argue yet :lol:

By the way, I did overreact about the names that were put up. I think it was just the drawing attention to them that worried me.

Just for the record, all this Heroic 'hurrah' stuff makes me nauseous.

All the new age crap makes me nauseous too as does the knee jerk PC thoughtlessness.

I would be very disapointed if the board got infected with the PC virus which is the equivalent of Big Brother, really.

The polarities of the red neck boastful aggression and the quiche eating fearfulness , can we please avoid them.

For the record also, 'cat' is something I am called by people who love me, so for me it is an honest name as well as a way of not allowing identiity theft or whatever else.

Running off at the mouth becasue you are on the internet and dont have your real name on view is an evolvement issue. Most of us post responsibly because we are sane and want to be part of this online community, not because our real life identity is known or not.

People who 'hide' behind their handle are basically trolls, arent they. And you can either think they bring balance and truth, or that they are mosquito's, or some other theory.

The solution to trolls doesnt lie in splaying your "real life " identity across the internet.

Just for the record, all this Heroic 'hurrah' stuff makes me nauseous.

:lol:

agreed.

On the one side people want authenthic traditional teachings, (you know, the water method, Wang Li Ping, lineage masters...), on the other they protest because the traditional teachings do not conform to our modern western ethics

I'm gonna be a bit ambiguous with this one: If you come up to a dog and begin to tell it how much of a bad, smelly, terrible, unlovable animal it is, but do so in a high pitched, lively, loving tone - the dog will still wag its tail, and happily soak up your attention. This is a case of content (the words used) and context (the way the words are used) - tradition is always a mixture of content and context - in the case of spiritual development the context is where the value is - content matters as much as words do to a dog... of course we all forget this from time to time...

... I also like all the ex-soviet nostalgia... I know how to stay alive in an earthquake! and in a -30C winter with no heating, running water or electricity - but with plenty of delicious preserves and some good humour! :D

... I also like all the ex-soviet nostalgia... I know how to stay alive in an earthquake! and in a -30C winter with no heating, running water or electricity - but with plenty of delicious preserves and some good humour! :D

And countless other situations... Here's an example:

a few years ago, my elderly parents went on vacation to South America, and it so happened that the day they were supposed to leave, the country they were visiting decided to undertake a military coup, their first one in twenty-five years. The previous one was pretty bloody. The one my parents got themselves into proved short-lived and the government regained control within three days and it was over before it made the news, but while it was going on no one knew what kind of a ride they're in for. Thousands of foreign tourists were stranded at the airport, with all commercial flights canceled, the troops parading menacingly all around, garbled explanations in a language my parents don't understand making things not much easier. Thirty minutes after the official announcement of the coup, however, they were the only foreign tourists leaving the country, on a charter plane making their way to some obscure Caribbean island whence they made it to Florida and then home to New York. Solving a crunch before anyone has explained to you how it's "supposed" to be solved -- we learned that well, right, FF? :)

Yeah, and for the record:

I followed the "hurrah" genre in my response to Pietro with an ulterior motive to illustrate how a phenomenon discussed in another thread, Zheng, can be applied to any situation. It was a zheng entry, I aligned my expression with the already-present (Pietro's) stylistic form. Another (better) example of zheng workings on this board is the Haiku Chain thread.

And,

I am not only the farthest thing from a homophobe any gay man or woman can hope to meet outside of their own sexual preference pool but I've kicked some ass (verbally) for those who are. Using the word "gay" in an alchemical context where yang-yang interactions are described instead of the alchemically correct yin-yang dynamics when talking a technicality of cultivation was a joke, a funny one I was hoping, not an offensive one. The very reason I can say something like that is that I don't think twice because I don't care that much. However, if a gay guy/gal is being an ass, his or her being gay is not enough exemption in and of itself from being perceived as such in his or her human capacity, not his or her sexual-preference capacity.

The record is getting well fed today, nevertheless I add to it's plate - TaoMeow I was well aware of what you were doing with your stylistic echoing. I recognise the style of making a point very well. I'm far from critical of such devices. I might have done it myself if you hadnt got there first.

I would have made myself queasy in the effort so I'm glad I didnt have to do it.

Also, I am with you on your second point. As someone who has swung hither and yon in her time I'm hardly likely to be homophobic, and of course that just isnt what we are speaking about when we speak of Taoist methodologies, and even the suggestion that Taoism is homophobic and that this would need to be chewed over just wearies me...

which doubtless shows what a cat ready to recline I have become...shadowlogo_450x190.gif

I am here for two reasons. One is you, Mistress TaoMeow, and the other is that I must do the opposite of the eighth house of secrets, and must sun my secrets in plain view, to be read by anyone who chooses.

So my name is Marrena Lindberg, author of The Orgasmic Diet. My online names are Eris and zaneblue.

Oh! I just remembered a tip--google cancer anthrax. Not much longer now, I don't think, before it is approved, and in the meantime there might be ... workarounds.

Edited by witch

I've only been here for 5 minutes and it did seem that some of the posts might have been homophobic. Maybe in the 'red neck' behaviour that you described. Certainly not from you Cat or Taomeow. If it's wearying then it's because you've seen it before. I hadn't. It's all new to me and I wanted to clear it up in my own head. Obviously that's aggravated you, Cat. I would like to be able to ask questions and would like to know where to do that?

I learned from the 'man love' thread that there are differing opinions on the yang-yang relationship. Pietro showed me what I needed to know, so now I know.

Witch, I am honored pink. Do stick around! :)

Will google what you suggest in a moment.

Did I ever mention to you that I found some indirect confirmation for your dietary credo in an unexpected source? Been reading an old Latin American novel and came across an assertion that there's a kind of fresh-water dolphin in the Amazon whose fat is used by local folks as a remedy for any and all sexual difficulties -- a dangerous animal all around because that fat if ODed on can cause men and women to become permanently sex-minded to the point of insanity.