Lightseeker

Hsiens and Rishis: Anyone know any Chinese immortals

I was reading about enlightened sages in Chinese mythology. Have any of you actually met these people? I heard they live on mountains and in hidden ashrams. I also wanted to ask, according to Asian Mythology who is the most powerful being? Most say it’s buddha, is this true?

4 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I also wanted to ask, according to Asian Mythology who is the most powerful being?

Depends on who you ask the question!  If you ask me, I might say, It's me :D

Jokes aside, can you please define power? 

1 hour ago, s1va said:

Depends on who you ask the question!  If you ask me, I might say, It's me :D

Jokes aside, can you please define power? 

Sure

, power is the ability to control other while remaining in conquered. Like 2 of the 8 main Siddhis state

Edited by Lightseeker

Just now, Lightseeker said:

Sure power is the ability to control other while remaining in conquered. Like 2 of the 8 main Siddhis state

Those that think there is 'other' to control, know nothing about power or for that matter anything else.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, s1va said:

Those that think there is 'other' to control, know nothing about power or for that matter anything else.

From what I hear, once you fully control yourself then you can control others?

14 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

From what I hear, once you fully control yourself then you can control others?

What is with this need to control others?  There are no others separate from you.  When this is realized, the need for seeking control over others might be replaced with compassion.  Then the power might start flowing into you.

• Like 3

I don't want anything flowing into me-

so for the record can you note that please

Edited by sagebrush

3 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

I don't want anything flowing into me-

so for the record can you note that please

What if I say everything is part of a vibration and it is all exchange of incoming and outgoing energy flows?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s1va said:

What if I say everything is part of a vibration and it is all exchange of incoming and outgoing energy flows?

Then  i would ask how you know this and if you can share more?

If you are just curious and want to know what it is about, you can get the following book or read about vibration/spanda from the thread linked below.  But, we come to know of it by experiencing it.  Find a teacher who can help teach you.   As they say, if you are sincere in seeking, you may find the teacher or the teacher may find you.

https://www.amazon.com/Doctrine-Vibration-Doctrines-Associated-Traditions/dp/0887064329/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536618988&sr=8-1&keywords=the+doctrine+of+vibration

https://archive.org/stream/TheDoctrineOfVibration-MarkDyczkowsky/TheDoctrineOfVibration.AnAnalysisOfTheDoctrinesAndPracticesOfKashmirShaivism.m.dyczkowskidelhi1989600dpilossy_djvu.txt

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, s1va said:

If you are just curious and want to know what it is about, you can get the following book or read about vibration/spanda from the thread linked below.  But, we come to know of it by experiencing it.  Find a teacher who can help teach you.   As they say, if you are sincere in seeking, you may find the teacher or the teacher may find you.

https://www.amazon.com/Doctrine-Vibration-Doctrines-Associated-Traditions/dp/0887064329/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536618988&sr=8-1&keywords=the+doctrine+of+vibration

https://archive.org/stream/TheDoctrineOfVibration-MarkDyczkowsky/TheDoctrineOfVibration.AnAnalysisOfTheDoctrinesAndPracticesOfKashmirShaivism.m.dyczkowskidelhi1989600dpilossy_djvu.txt

Thank you I will definitely read it. Because you know about Kashmir shaivism, can you explain to me how the Shaktipat which gab give instant enlightenment works? I have always wanted to know... also are mantras used in the kaula path? Isn’t it like Sri Vidya?

• Like 1