Sign in to follow this  
Ilovecoffee

PPD Permission Request

Hi,

Originally quoting posts from other threads into different threads in my PPD resulted in my PPD being suspended. May I please request permission to quote a person from one thread in my PPD to another thread in my PPD, and then hide their original post? I am having some trouble with a certain member derailing a thread so they can prevent discussion on it. If this is not acceptable, may I please request forum permissions to move posts from one topic in my PPD to another in my PPD? Right now the best solution I have been able to come up with is starting new threads and renaming the old ones, but this seems less than ideal.

Thanks very much in advance.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

Under no circumstances should a user's posts be moved without his consent unless he has broken forum rules.

Furthermore these rights should never be given to a person who already abuses his PPD for reasons beyond recording of his practices.

I DO NOT GIVE CONSENT for moving my answers. I answered where and when i believed i should have. If i knew that he could move my posts before hand i wouldn't do that.

It needs to be understood that when respomding in another's PPD there is a chance your post may be hidden at the discretion of the PPD owner, even if there are no "forum" rules broken. It is a risk that one takes when conversing in a personal practice diary/journal.

It is probably best to drop it and move on, Zork, or quote yourself outside of the PPD if there is a point you'd like to make that keeps being hidden.

The mod team is still mulling over the changing of the title of topics and understands how it can be frustrating, but again, it is a risk one takes when interacting in a PPD that is not your own.

Moderating your own PPD

• Thanks 1

I accept that. The problem is that he is accussing me of derailing the threads which isn't true.

Furthermore i do not find the splitting of the threads honest as a practice. I have already moved away from the threads and will not look back.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kar3n said:

It needs to be understood that when respomding in another's PPD there is a chance your post may be hidden at the discretion of the PPD owner, even if there are no "forum" rules broken. It is a risk that one takes when conversing in a personal practice diary/journal.

This happened to me just yesterday.  This morning when I first checked my DaoBums I noticed that Zork (fun name!) had responded to one of my posts.  I clicked to see if he liked it or was sad or whatever and, wouldn`t ya know it,  up popped a weird message -- you don`t have permission...

I was mildly annoyed but will get over it after I`ve had my coffee.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

This happened to me just yesterday.  This morning when I first checked my DaoBums I noticed that Zork (fun name!) had responded to one of my posts.  I clicked to see if he liked it or was sad or whatever and, wouldn`t ya know it,  up popped a weird message -- you don`t have permission...

The entire topic was hidden.

• Thanks 2

On 09/09/2018 at 5:15 PM, liminal_luke said:

It seems that the coffee klatsch is indeed the most advanced practice and that you are indeed its master.

Buen Camino (again) Luke!

☮️

Edited by Daemon
to remove apostrophe in "it's"
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daemon said:

It seems that the coffee klatsch is indeed the most advanced practice and that you are indeed it's master.

Buen Camino (again) Luke!

☮️

I`m not entirely sure whether I`ve been genuinely complimented or mercilessly skewered.  Leaning towards the latter.  In either case, I`ll stumble blithely forward and say a few words in praise of the coffee klatsch as a support for spiritual practice. 

How often do we practice alone?  A bit more than is good for us, I`d say.  I`m all for solitude and wandering hermits; those things also have their place.  But human beings mostly do best in relationship with one another.  Sometimes these relationships are deep and meaningful, as with a spouse or a beloved teacher.  Sometimes these relationships are more casual, as is typically the case in your average coffee klatsch.  These casual relationships we have over coffee (or tea, or beer) can form a net of relational safety that holds and grounds us in the everyday, giving us a necessary ballast as we then explore the esoteric.

LL

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You have been genuinely complimented Luke and I'm fully in agreement with what you say about the importance of the klatch. It can be a far more meaningful experience of sangha than can be found in the forced, virtue-signalling environment fostered in many religious communities.

☮️

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this