Sign in to follow this  
Integrated

Hey!

I'm somewhat of a spiritual/esoteric traveler.

I like everybody else have my own take on what is what in the world of Taoism and the like.

As much as one can have ones own view, being drowned in memes and archetypes.

I join this place because I think it might be useful exchanging views with people here.

I have experience with Tai-Chi, Nei-Gung, Ba-Gua, Tarot, Jung and many other subjects.

I warn you though, that I have a heretical attitude, and don't care much for orthodoxy.

If all you have to back up your claims is lineage truths or anecdotes that don't seem to make sense,

then pardon me for not being convinced.

I follow my own path with no strings attached, using my own spirit as a guide.

• Like 3

Hello, integrated, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome integrated,

I would say a good portion of us follow our own hearts and intuition about things too. I am sure you’ll fit right in! 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Thanks 1

Hi integrated.  Welcome.

5 hours ago, Integrated said:

I warn you though, that I have a heretical attitude,

I hope we get the opportunity to get involved in some discussions.  We'll see which of us has the more heretical attitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Welcome integrated,

I would say a good portion of us follow our own hearts and intuition about things too. I am sure you’ll fit right in! 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

47 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Hi integrated.  Welcome.

I hope we get the opportunity to get involved in some discussions.  We'll see which of us has the more heretical attitude.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah Fa Xin, from looking around, I can see that this site has potential for a person of my inclination.

I havn't ever measured my heresy yet LOL! :D

But I find that I often end up in as a fringe person with socially objectable views,

even when I enter alternative circles.

Yet there they pretend to accept me at least, because everyone is welcome,

until one is not welcome... :rolleyes:

If I'm lucky I'm just ignored, often a secret inquisition is launched to drive my heresy out.

Never admitted publicly of course, always driven into a corner where a convenient transgression is placed in my way.

Sure some of this is projection, some of it even paranoia,

but I hardly feel like I can be blamed for that given the general treatment I've gone trough on average.

Not that this is a sob-story by any means, just trying to measure my hersy by some yardstick. :P

• Like 3

I think heresy is pretty welcome here.. or at least accepted... as long as you don't start inflicting it on others...
So... Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more from you...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cheya said:

I think heresy is pretty welcome here.. or at least accepted... as long as you don't start inflicting it on others...
So... Welcome! Looking forward to hearing more from you...

Thanks for the welcome, I do get the feeling that this is the right forum for me.

I would never inflict my heresy on anyone, unless they ask nicely first... :P

Btw, how would I go about adding a signature?

The function seems to elude me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Integrated said:

Btw, how would I go about adding a signature?

The function seems to elude me.

You might be restricted by a time or post count limiter.  Try again in a couple days after you have at least ten posts.  If it doesn't work then ask for help in the Forum and Tech Help sub-forum.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I don't allow people to ignore me.

Spoken like a true extrovert.

So now that you have seized the power of definition and decided on a measuring bar that favours your way of heresy.

And clearly won the pissing contest.

Let us give you a gold-medal, parade you on a podium and move on. ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Integrated said:

Spoken like a true extrovert.

So now that you have seized the power of definition and decided on a measuring bar that favours your way of heresy.

Funny.  I had enough parades when I was in the Army.  

Okay.  Now that you are apparently comfortable here with your new friends find some areas of discussion that interest you.

• Thanks 1

I think you will be very uncomfortable... with so many views there is little that could be considered standard for you to whale on , and what will happen is that you will be forced to react to,, virtually nothing, in order to have a demon to squash. 

Thats what happens when people define themselves by conflict, and several things already seem to indicate this is the case. 

I expect a swipe as payment for this insight, but like shadows falling from the useless tree, there is no ulterior intent that you can foil.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Integrated said:

He wins the gold often. 

20180909_164136.jpg.1661e24dad7792a5087eaf9321b1824e.jpg

Welcome to the bums! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I see the stupid confused icon,well, yknow how you started the next thread where you said you got off on the wrong foot in THIS thread. ..youre right in that one. 

Youre a smartass. 

Is that simple enough?

24 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I see the stupid confused icon,well, yknow how you started the next thread where you said you got off on the wrong foot in THIS thread. ..youre right in that one. 

Youre a smartass. 

Is that simple enough?

He/she might be trully confused about what you wrote there. I also can't understand what you meant. Can you elaborate please?:)

38 minutes ago, Zork said:

He/she might be trully confused about what you wrote there. I also can't understand what you meant. Can you elaborate please?:)

Sure , I'll PM you

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I could PM you too but I'm not going to.

I'snt that the right abbreviation? it stands for .. ummm ? ...secretly post behind the scenes so as not to disrupt the thread much :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stosh said:

I think you will be very uncomfortable... with so many views there is little that could be considered standard for you to whale on , and what will happen is that you will be forced to react to,, virtually nothing, in order to have a demon to squash. 

Thats what happens when people define themselves by conflict, and several things already seem to indicate this is the case. 

I expect a swipe as payment for this insight, but like shadows falling from the useless tree, there is no ulterior intent that you can foil.:rolleyes:

Your observation seem to have been prophetic.

Fortunately, if he came here seeking conflict, he came to the right place and perhaps (if that's the case) he will learn from reaping what he sows?

On the other hand, if that's not the case, he may learn how to deal with those who seek to bring conflict to his door?

Perhaps both possibilities may simultaneously manifest themselves for the mutual benefit of all of those involved?

☮️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Your observation seem to have been prophetic.

Fortunately, if he came here seeking conflict, he came to the right place and perhaps (if that's the case) he will learn from reaping what he sows?

On the other hand, if that's not the case, he may learn how to deal with those who seek to bring conflict to his door?

Perhaps both possibilities may simultaneously manifest themselves for the mutual benefit of all of those involved?

☮️

Yeah, something like that. I await seeing how things play out. I know we were known as a 'wild' west , and did my part in all the ruckus. 

Certainly there are threads to rough house in , but I question whether , in the end , if one wants to bring that stress to an end despite it all.  Like going to a barbecue party and then being happy to just put your feet up at home. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Like going to a barbecue party and then being happy to just put your feet up at home. 

Like a vegetarian going to a barbecue party and then being happy to just put your feet up at home. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Like a vegetarian going to a barbecue party and then being happy to just put your feet up at home. 

That would be similar. But my sentiment is that while one may think they like the hubbub ,

they may participate in the sack race ,and gab with the neighbors, peace and quiet is very nice.

Its nice to sometimes bend enough to just get along , to be mediocre,

to be in the middle rather than the fringe, to be boring rather than admired. 

One really doesn't reap all that much for being fiery, standing out and so forth. 

Some of us may really just wish not to ... be so fiery , not to stand out like a sore thumb, be so intense and all that. 

And by, some of us, I suppose I do mean me.  Introvert by nature,  but not in practice. 

• Like 1

@Stosh

Glad to see the "development" in this thread while I awaited my 10 post cooldown and went to work.

Since you obviously have blown off steam and such,

I assume that you have gotten whatever you had out of your system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Integrated said:

@Stosh

Glad to see the "development" in this thread while I awaited my 10 post cooldown and went to work.

Since you obviously have blown off steam and such,

I assume that you have gotten whatever you had out of your system.

Uh huh ,, still at it , can't say I'm surprised. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Uh huh ,, still at it , can't say I'm surprised. 

Hmm, I recognize this pattern, it is a fairly toxic one, I've seen it plenty of times on other forums.

Unfortunately for you, I have a rule of thumb, if someone acts like a bully online, I shut them down.

Maybe they are innocent, maybe they are not, I will probably never know, and I really don't care.

Goodbye, and good luck on your path either way! ;)

4 minutes ago, Integrated said:

Hmm, I recognize this pattern, it is a fairly toxic one, I've seen it plenty of times on other forums.

Unfortunately for you, I have a rule of thumb, if someone acts like a bully online, I shut them down.

Maybe they are innocent, maybe they are not, I will probably never know, and I really don't care.

Goodbye, and good luck on your path either way! ;)

We shall see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this