lifeforce

The Current Atmosphere

anyone notice that the gods (who do have lots of power) do not interfere with our goings on and that our histories keep repeating?  (I'd say there are several major implications regarding that)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, windwalker said:

a relative new comer.

Actually I find the opposite, its through disagreement that we become more effective in understanding ourselves and others. 

The motive for disagreement can come from within or with out.  Being able to understand this while still expressing a view point is IMO a good growth experience.  

The site has its own vibe with unique people possessing and sharing a wealth of information not commonly found or shared openly.   

mgHabuWWoZNZ2Mjw2sT2rKIXc6VI8OTZQpz2xsk0xY8Xg8NUpyO4JrNRiUK0pS1be8g3P1skMSO8jCGqdb2feoWEbDkpLg408pG_vjPQLpS-4q4j20yffjzLtZybkCUdnxvf-rLz

Well, you are aware that I have no problem with disagreeing when I feel I should disagree.

And yes, when there is total agreement regarding a concept there is nothing left to be said.  End of discussion.  No more new ideas, no opportunity for further growth.

But, as always, the disagreements should be kept to the concept being discussed and not taken into the gutter with attacks on the individuals involved in the discussion.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 3bob said:

anyone notice that the gods (who do have lots of power) do not interfere with our goings on and that our histories keep repeating?  (I'd say there are several major implications regarding that)

Yes, I have noticed that.  The only religious dogma I hold to is the Zoroastrian dogma that:

God created man and gave him free will.  However, the price of this free will is also being charged with the responsibility for all his (her) thoughts, words and deeds.

We, each individual here as a member of this forum, have that same responsibility.

Sure, we sometimes repeat our mistakes.  All that means is that we have not yet learned that lesson of life.

No matter what our gods tell us, if we aren't listening we will not grasp the lesson.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

God created man and gave him free will.  However, the price of this free will is also being charged with the responsibility for all his (her) thoughts, words and deeds.

a little off topic...how do you know if you truly have free will. 

How would you prove it to yourself or anyone else?

1 minute ago, windwalker said:

a little off topic...how do you know if you truly have free will. 

How would you prove it to yourself or anyone else?

Sure, off topic but following the flow.  How Daoist is that?

There have been numerous discussions here regarding free will.  I always take part in those discussions.  It is my choice.  If I had a choice then it is obvious that I had the free will to choose either to engage or to not engage.

24 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, I have noticed that.  The only religious dogma I hold to is the Zoroastrian dogma that:

We, each individual here as a member of this forum, have that same responsibility.

Sure, we sometimes repeat our mistakes.  All that means is that we have not yet learned that lesson of life.

No matter what our gods tell us, if we aren't listening we will not grasp the lesson.

or ok...

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

OP is right. I'm not so invested into here though, so it's less my concern than it should be for others. My suggestion would be to take care of the issue instead of make excuses.

• Like 1

SNS hurt we a bunch of times.
Please forgive this poor person.
The number of forums tails off in time.  It is a very ordinary event in nature

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Like dependent origination?

☮️

Yeah, without we living people there would be no DaoBums.  We are the creators.  Indestructible, of course.

• Thanks 1

You might be misunderstanding the theory of dependent origination.

On the other hand, I might be misunderstanding it myself.

☮️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daemon said:

You might be misunderstanding the theory of dependent origination.

On the other hand, I might be misunderstanding it myself.

☮️

Both are likely possibilities.

My acceptance is based in discussions here with many of the Buddhist members.  I initially fought the concept because I couldn't make it fit with my Daoist understandings.

Basically my understanding is that no thing in the universe is independent of the concept of cause and effect.  Only a no-thing is the exception.  This would be Dao or for the Christians, God.  (As long as the Christians don't personify (reify) God.)

And during this thought process working with the concept of dependent origin is what caused me to identify Dao as a verb rather than a noun.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Love, love, love. Isn't this what Sufis teach all the time? We also have the Heart sutra in Buddhism and how Buddhists constantly work with and for the community.

Check this out:

The Roseto Effect - A True Lesson of what is really wrong with Society (not only Heart disease as the title suggests)

http://www.unimedliving.com/living-medicine/illness-and-disease/the-roseto-effect-a-lesson-on-the-true-cause-of-heart-disease.html

:)

Edited by Gerard