Sign in to follow this  
PsychicTaylor

blessings and oneness

As a Tao Te Ching enthusiast and practitioner of many different spiritual paths, I give thanks that there is a group such as this. I have recently been trying to just memorize the whole Tao Te Ching, hoping to find something new to get me out of my rut. Though I didn’t understand it at first, I just read it over and over and then it started presenting itself in my life. With the Tao, I had less and less need for recognition. I’m considered very “good” at my job and my ego wouldn’t let me forget it. I set out to show everyone in the world that they were not alone, everyone. The Tao offers some insight in this area: “Do you want to change the world? I do not think it can be done. The world is sacred, if you tamper with it, you will ruin it.” it says in the translation I’m reading. My thanks on this passage as it put me to my right size and reminded me that world doesn’t belong to me. Namaste

Taylor Brearley

• Like 2

Hello, PsychicTaylor, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Taylor,

The Dao De Jing is awesome because you can read it one day a month, every month, and each time you read it you'll get something new and deeper in relation to the experiences of your life. Seems you already applying that.  I hope our forum can help deepen your understanding of it.  Enjoy

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Hi Taylor.  Welcome.

Yeah, we are a pretty mixed up bunch of spirituality seekers, aren't we?

I doubt one could find a forum on the internet that is more accepting than is TheDaoBums.

Sign in to follow this