Sign in to follow this  
ronko

Shaktism - shakta tantra

does anyone know any good resources for learning more regarding the shakta tantra tradition and practices ?

been looking around and cant seem to find any , feel quite compelled to look eeper into this tradition

On 9/4/2018 at 4:32 AM, ronko said:

does anyone know any good resources for learning more regarding the shakta tantra tradition and practices ?

been looking around and cant seem to find any , feel quite compelled to look eeper into this tradition

Shakti is never a standalone approach. It is a subset or controlling energy dynamic in many systems. You will find the approach best definined in Kashmir Shaivism, but in Dzogchen and tantric Buddhism it is why Buddha’s always have consorts (Shakti component).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Taoism, what you are looking for is found here...

SIX

The valley spirit never dies; It is the woman, primal mother.

Her gateway is the root of heaven and earth.

It is like a veil barely seen.

Use it; it will never fail.

-Tsu, Lao. Tao Te Ching

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

In Taoism, what you are looking for is found here...

SIX

The valley spirit never dies; It is the woman, primal mother.

Her gateway is the root of heaven and earth.

It is like a veil barely seen.

Use it; it will never fail.

-Tsu, Lao. Tao Te Ching

How is this related to tantra and shakti?

25 minutes ago, Bindi said:

How is this related to tantra and shakti?

The "primal mother" in Taoism is a similar concept to Shakti in Kashmir Shaivism. The "gateway" is the connection.  Hard to find, but when found and used, it will never fail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

The "primal mother" in Taoism is a similar concept to Shakti in Kashmir Shaivism. The "gateway" is the connection.  Hard to find, but when found and used, it will never fail.

Can you give me a quote regarding the nature of shakti in KS to be clear?

2 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Can you give me a quote regarding the nature of shakti in KS to be clear?

Clear about what?  My statement above about Shakti being the controlling energy dynamic?

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Clear about what?  My statement above about Shakti being the controlling energy dynamic?

Clear about how you are relating the "primal mother" in Taoism to Shakti in Kashmir Shaivism. Best to define shakti clearly first, before trying to see whether it is the "controlling energy dynamic" in Taoism. 

2 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Clear about how you are relating the "primal mother" in Taoism to Shakti in Kashmir Shaivism. Best to define shakti clearly first, before trying to see whether it is the "controlling energy dynamic" in Taoism. 

I am only saying that they are similar concepts, not that they are the same "thing".  No point in trying to map frameworks and relative terms to each other.  Let each stand on it's own. 

But, energy dynamics are energy dynamics, no matter what words and frameworks you try to use to describe them. And in Taoism, I would clearly agree with chapter 6 of the TTC.  Find the primal mother's gateway, and definitely use it; for it really does work every time. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I am only saying that they are similar concepts, not that they are the same "thing".  No point in trying to map frameworks and relative terms to each other.  Let each stand on it's own. 

But, energy dynamics are energy dynamics, no matter what words and frameworks you try to use to describe them. And in Taoism, I would clearly agree with chapter 6 of the TTC.  Find the primal mother's gateway, and definitely use it; for it really does work every time. :) 

You state they are similar concepts, "the Primal mother" concept in Taoism is similar to the shakti concept in KS, but I can't examine this statement because now you decide there's no point in defining these concepts because they can't be compared? 

1 minute ago, Bindi said:

You state they are similar concepts, "the Primal mother" concept in Taoism is similar to the shakti concept in KS, but I can't examine this statement because now you decide there's no point in defining these concepts because they can't be compared? 

Feel free to research it if you are interested.  My suggestion is that you look at comparing the Shakti tattva (35th) realization with the Valley of the Universe (primal mother) realization.

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Feel free to research it if you are interested.  My suggestion is that you look at comparing the Shakti tattva (35th) realization with the Valley of the Universe (primal mother) realization.

It would be so much easier if you just gave me a link, or a brief description of the concept of shakti in KS, I'm not interested in wading through KS, and can't find the 35th Shakti tattva easily. 

From The Secret Supreme...

Now in the final two tattvas, we come to subjectivity in its purest form. These two tattvas are the interdependent tattvas: sakti tattva and siva tattva. The impression which comes in these two tattvas is only I, the pure I, the universal I. It is not "this universe is my own expansion" or "I am this whole universe." No, it is just I, pure I, universal I.

Last is that Being which does not come in the cycle of tattvas that Being called Parama Siva. Parama Siva is not only found in siva tattva or in sakti tattva. It is not only here, not only there. You will find It everywhere. You will find It from the lowest tattva to the highest. It is all levels, and therefore no level. It is everywhere, that is why It is nowhere. The one Being who is everywhere, It is nowhere.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this