AugustGreig

Hello All. Happy to be here.

So, I have finally made a decision to walk the spiritual path in life, and there is nothing I find more attractive thanTaoism. I have always isolated and done things on my own, but I have learned that spiritual success requires a community. I have no one to guide me on this path, but I am very eager, and look forward to being able to get specific answers about meditation, Qigong, Tai Chi, ethics, etc., and also to be able to contribute my own experience. 

Taoist communities are apparently very difficult to find, even online. Thank you all for being here and thank you for having me. I wrote a poem to include with my introduction, so I can feel that I've contributed something for the privilege of being here.

The Tree

And so marks the passing of another year

Memories evanescent

Surface today as stories telling themselves

Called to the stage by the cycles of seasons,

A date on the calendar,

A haunted tree,

a smell.

Moonlight shaped by memory.

In that reflection

I see myself

as I am.

• Like 6

Hello, AugustGreig, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome August,

Very nice introduction.  I was isolated as well, for a long time.  But making connections and learning from others proved to be a very big shift for me. I hope you can contribute here too, as you sound like you have great things to share.  Enjoy :)

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Thanks 1

Community's a fundamental requirement (contrary to the assertion of the Rhinoceros Sutra).

No doubt, if the time is right and you can align yourself with the wisdom of your heart, you'll guide yourself to find a real one.

☮️

Edited by Daemon

Hi August.  Welcome.

Yes, there are many people an concepts here to talk about.

Just don't expect super-human-powers or miracles right off the bat.  Those take lifetimes to learn.

The experiences of today become the memories of tomorrow.

Stories that we tell ourselves

become the stories we are told.

The moon as it tries to, but cannot, outdo the sun.

4 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Hi August.  Welcome.

Yes, there are many people an concepts here to talk about.

Just don't expect super-human-powers or miracles right off the bat.  Those take lifetimes to learn.

LOL It's a miracle to be alive today. I find that miracles are found in awareness and gratitude.

As to super human powers, I actually made this account in a panic yesterday after an experience during meditation yesterday which scared me a little. I've been practicing about 34 days with no teacher, Qigong and then meditation, so I needed guidance. Practicing again after many years, I should say.

• Like 2