rideforever

Compassion Helping Oneness : What a Stench

When your enemies come in tanks carrying guns you know where you are.   

But what if they come with the victimhood of "we are all suffering, let's just make world peace".

Excuse me while I vomit.
I have come full circle on this dribble.

Underneath the kissy-kissy words is often a violent greed, revenge and nastiness of people who haven't got what they want.   And will not, and do not, know how to help themselves.
And it's everywhere these days.

The entire conventional medical industry is full of it, you would be mad to ask them to help you.

This culture just works through leeching each other's energy, with smiley unconscious eyes, and something nasty within.

Perhaps these humans have something else inside where their soul should be.

In the old days the danger of such people was well-known and they were thrown out the city walls.

Today the drunken dreaming emotion-stealing has infected many.

It's certainly not what it seems.

This culture would like nothing more to kissy-kissy whilst they hoover your soul right out of you.

Oh yes, they want to "help you".
Start running.

• Like 1

These thoughts of perceived violence, greed and nastiness (where none has manifest) reads to me as it's own kind of victimhood.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, power to truly enact change remains among those seeking to control both sides those "at war" seem so fervently distracted by.

True responsibility, the ability to respond rightly, is to be responsible for everything we do AND everything that is done to us by the "others", such that we may choose to not be a victim of anyone, but ourselves.

Let us unite then against the common enemy we share, that face we all see in our mirrors, the so-called "compassionate helper."

Legend has it that if one listens closely, there can still be heard the footsteps of those running away in fear of themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

When your enemies come in tanks carrying guns you know where you are.   

But what if they come with the victimhood of "we are all suffering, let's just make world peace".

Excuse me while I vomit.
I have come full circle on this dribble.

Underneath the kissy-kissy words is often a violent greed, revenge and nastiness of people who haven't got what they want.   And will not, and do not, know how to help themselves.

Ah, but they DO know how to help themselves. They do this by playing the victim or the savior and demanding that you chip in, "pay your fair share", and the like.

Do what you can. Maintain your center. Try to not get caught up in it. If all else fails then run for the hills.

Hey, if I didn't have a problem with this stuff I wouldn't start a thread.

I find it hard to deal with this stuff, it's dirty insidious.
Much easier when somebody turns up and starts shouting and punching you .... at least that's straightforward and honest.
But these emotional / yucky wraiths, they have been taught everything wrong about life.
Terrible.

That energy attacks man through the emotional or sexual centres, parasites them.
It's like a creature that takes possession and stimulates the sexual/emotional energy so that the poor host feels some of that energy himself as he is being drained.
The next thing is these people infiltrate the church the media and politics, any area of power.  Education.
It's a plague.

That's why Buddhism ("There is oooh  suffering") is so popular right now.
It's seduction like the Sirens.

Fighting back against the stormtroopers is easy.
But against the do-gooders ?
Yet a community that understood would treat them similarly.
There is just too much at stake and this plague is a dirty one.

I am not sure if there is such a thing as a healthy human community, but if there is one it would have to be firm in the face of this energy.
Too tough is better than too weak.   
Says that often in the IChing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

And it's everywhere these days.

The entire conventional medical industry is full of it, you would be mad to ask them to help you.

Rideforever,

My opinion.  You`re on to something but too eager to paint huge groups of mostly good people with the devil`s brush.  Is there "violent greed, revenge and nastiness" in the conventional medical industry?  No doubt.  Perhaps you have some personal experience with it.  That said, is it really true that every doctor, nurse, x-ray tech, and so on, is secretly a wolf?  They are not.  Most are well-meaning and sincerely want to help people. 

You don`t want to be fooled by false compassion.  Fair enough.  But to fail to see the real good in people is just as big an error as failing to see the real bad.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, liminal_luke said:

You don`t want to be fooled by false compassion.  Fair enough.  But to fail to see the real good in people is just as big an error as failing to see the real bad.

Well it's an open and imminent question for me.
I question the whole fabric of this society, it looks one way, but inside is different.

I think society is sick, deeply sick and the things we take for granted are actually diseased.

And it's old.

Why is there any compassion at all ?
What does that mean, that people are idiots and can't help themselves ?
Dependence and dependence, and old game of slavery.
Sounds so nice ... "I'll help you".
But maybe it's your undoing.

On this planet you see nature documentaries, and this animal sitting on a branch with big eyes looking out ... along comes another animal and slurp it's eaten all up.  Eaten alive.   and this animal is still sitting there on a branch with big eyes looking out.   Like nothing happened.   That's this planet.   It's completely unconscious.   Asleep eating each other.   Nobody even notices there is a problem.   Mankind is far more like that animal on the branch than you might think.   Who wants to know the bitter truth.

Are mankind's problems just "an accident".   Or does it speak of what we are.

When you switch on the TV, what's the subject.   Always the same, "helping".  Who is "helping" and who isn't "helping".
There is total unconscious deceit in all this, truly you would be very fortunate to escape the sludge.

But hey on most days I drift through the streams of people.   Be polite, pat the dog ... but what does my heart really say ?
Is there something very very wrong.

When I was young I was the same, it was how I was raised.
The rainbow coloured plastic toys waggled in my face, coochie coo little idiot baby.
And I would watch these "adults" do this and already something felt quite ill about it.

I was smashed to smithereens, lucky to survive on several occasions, and only that has catapulted me far off trajectory.

But still here.

Perhaps I value these possessions and so on too much.

I was thinking about selling up today and moving to Ecuador, a perennial dream.
It is not that desire is wrong actually.
But desire when you are born into such a species is not worth it.   
That's closer to the truth.
Maybe we are in transition here, pay extra and take the express that's the best.

3 minutes ago, rideforever said:

You wouldn`t be the first.  Have you checked out StarJumper`s Taoist retreat center there?  I believe there are pictures in a thread somewhere here.  It`s not a bad idea, if your life circumstances permit, to spend some quality time in nature away from the craziness of society.  

But far be it from me to offer a compassionate suggestion.  :D  And yes, I agree that a lot of what passes for "help" is misguided.

2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

But far be it from me to offer a compassionate suggestion.  :D  And yes, I agree that a lot of what passes for "help" is misguided.

It is difficult for me to feel at ease unless i actually understand what is happening.   For instance if I am with people who enter this guilt helping do-gooder attitude ... what do I do ?   I feel quite frightened actually.   If they came with guns then I would know how to do.   But this energy relies on abusing social conventions.   It's important for me to see / feel what the energy is doing so that I can defend myself.  I am not the first one to feel alien in this world.   Clearly I haven't worked it out yet.

39 minutes ago, rideforever said:

It is difficult for me to feel at ease unless i actually understand what is happening.   For instance if I am with people who enter this guilt helping do-gooder attitude ... what do I do ?   I feel quite frightened actually.   If they came with guns then I would know how to do.   But this energy relies on abusing social conventions.   It's important for me to see / feel what the energy is doing so that I can defend myself.  I am not the first one to feel alien in this world.   Clearly I haven't worked it out yet.

You`re right that people are often not what they seem.  And it is confusing -- and frightening -- figuring out how to navigate in a social world where deception is so commonplace.

I`ll say this.  There are many practices you might engage in that over time would strengthen your body energetically and physically.  Along with strength, I think these practices would give you a sense of calm and confidence.  A strong body is a calm body.  Your nervous system would relax.  Your heart would feel more open.  From this place of strength and calm and openness, you would have a lot of power.  For starters, you`d have the power of discernment.  You`d know -- in a deep, natural way -- who could be trusted and who shouldn`t be.  And you`d know how to deal skillfully with those who can`t be trusted.

I think you`d feel less frightened.  The beautiful thing about these practices is that everything comes from inside you.  Yes, you might have a teacher, but ultimately it`s up to you to do the practices, or not, and feel for yourself what happens.  I wish you the best.

LL

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

It’s a reminder to stay in the moment. Are you surrounded by good people usually? If so, it’s something to be thankful for. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rideforever said:

Well it's an open and imminent question for me.
I question the whole fabric of this society, it looks one way, but inside is different.

I think society is sick, deeply sick and the things we take for granted are actually diseased.

And it's old.

Why is there any compassion at all ?
What does that mean, that people are idiots and can't help themselves ?
Dependence and dependence, and old game of slavery.
Sounds so nice ... "I'll help you".
But maybe it's your undoing.

On this planet you see nature documentaries, and this animal sitting on a branch with big eyes looking out ... along comes another animal and slurp it's eaten all up.  Eaten alive.   and this animal is still sitting there on a branch with big eyes looking out.   Like nothing happened.   That's this planet.   It's completely unconscious.   Asleep eating each other.   Nobody even notices there is a problem.   Mankind is far more like that animal on the branch than you might think.   Who wants to know the bitter truth.

Are mankind's problems just "an accident".   Or does it speak of what we are.

When you switch on the TV, what's the subject.   Always the same, "helping".  Who is "helping" and who isn't "helping".
There is total unconscious deceit in all this, truly you would be very fortunate to escape the sludge.

But hey on most days I drift through the streams of people.   Be polite, pat the dog ... but what does my heart really say ?
Is there something very very wrong.

When I was young I was the same, it was how I was raised.
The rainbow coloured plastic toys waggled in my face, coochie coo little idiot baby.
And I would watch these "adults" do this and already something felt quite ill about it.

I was smashed to smithereens, lucky to survive on several occasions, and only that has catapulted me far off trajectory.

But still here.

Perhaps I value these possessions and so on too much.

It is not that desire is wrong actually.
But desire when you are born into such a species is not worth it.   
That's closer to the truth.
Maybe we are in transition here, pay extra and take the express that's the best.

Ah, I know what this feeling is. It's what I used to say when I was a kid in college who felt like he had a clear understanding of the world after taking a couple classes in political science, history, and geography (and only part way through the semester of those courses). :D

Joking aside, have you talked to your friends about what you're feeling or perhaps sought professional help? It may not be helpful to post on forums on the Internet if you're seeking help for yourself when you're going through an episode of emotional withdrawal as it appears. This forum is a lot friendlier than most, but still, as a principle, I might recommend you talk to someone who could help professionally or let your friends know what's going on. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rideforever said:

Are mankind's problems just "an accident".   Or does it speak of what we are

Thank you for this.

It's true that there is a lot of dark in this world, but there is also a lot of light. You can't have the one without the other.

When I was young I was angry. I had this ideal of what the world should be and was pissed off that it wasn't. I ranted. I was sarcastic. I was a dick. In the end the only person who cared was me, and the only person suffering was me, so I made a choice. I chose to focus on me and let the rest go. I chose to become a little lighter, a little brighter, and in that small way make the world a little better. Yes, I still get angry, and yes I still lash out. But now I try to let go of anger as soon as I feel it. I try to apologize as soon as I've offended. Work in progress...

Thank you, Rideforever, for this moment of honesty and intimacy. As others have said, you are in good company.

-LiT

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

. This forum is a lot friendlier than most, but still, as a principle,

Our societies teach us to lie hide and disguise what we feel, so here I am revealing all.  It's catharsis.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

When I was young I was angry.

When I was very young I was happy.   But then I was young angry.   And then as I entered the world I was busy and rich and sort of happy.   Now I just want the final answer.
I want the truth.
Is the truth that human society, what was I think this morning as I was walking through Waitrose supermarket ... maybe it was that I don't care that everyone is unconscious and living as if half dead.   Why should I care.   I care that I Am.   And that is my job.
Oh and another thing as I was walking out ... of Tescos this time it's been a busy morning.   
I feel quite disturbed this week .... and ... "I dig that about you !!!"
Because it's when you are disturbed that you are actually motivated to do some work.
Mankind ... oh yeah this was my idea .... our society is so fat and comfortable and it just does not work.
Humans are too low down the ladder of consciousness to grow in any situation other than pain.
Pain is necessary, but our society right now is full of making things comfortable.
Even the miserable news gives comfort through distraction and excitation.
Love help, give them money .... and all that.
It's wrong.   It's totally wrong understanding.
Humans need pain and love to grow. 
I remember once I was interviewing a lodger for my property and I thought "she'll be trouble" .... but I took her anyway because you need trouble or you will sit like a fat **** on the sofa and do nothing.
Know thy self.
And provide thy self with enough trouble as required.

- That's my man ! -

Edited by rideforever
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Our societies teach us to lie hide and disguise what we feel, so here I am revealing all.  It's catharsis.

That depends on your society, and even then your parents, friends, and yourself as an individual and your practice. Your posts are a matter of concern because related to your questions for practice and energy there is a relationship between this disillusionment and the level of progress you have in your cultivation systems.

9 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

there is a relationship between this disillusionment and the level of progress you have in your cultivation systems.

And there is a relationship between your perception that there is disillusionment and your own situation.
It's interesting that you use that word disillusionment because that is what we are taught, that anyone who wants to leave the Titanic is disillusioned or negative.
This stench has been going on for thousands of years.
Actually, it's only when you want to leave that you are even a little alive.

50 minutes ago, rideforever said:

And there is a relationship between your perception that there is disillusionment and your own situation.
It's interesting that you use that word disillusionment because that is what we are taught, that anyone who wants to leave the Titanic is disillusioned or negative.
This stench has been going on for thousands of years.
Actually, it's only when you want to leave that you are even a little alive.

Knock yourself out, buddy. I know what my intent was and what my state is now, and apparently, showing concern for you is met with this kind of response, which makes me wonder what your age is and how long you've been practicing, since I had these kinds of thoughts in high school. ;)  Big give away: the use of an absolute statement there ("only when...") and sweeping generalization on saying that's what we are all taught.

But then given the title of this topic that reflects your opinion on compassion and helping, I think that should not have been a surprise!

Edited by Earl Grey

10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

high school.

Yes you keep talking about school.

But hey ... I vented my spleen yesterday I am surprised nothing more came back in my direction.   It would have been "deserved".

I try to observe the philosophy that:

If I have nothing good to say it is best that I remain silent.

No, it doesn't always work out that way but at least I am mindful of it.

• Like 1

Yes you keep talking about school.

Yep, because all of that was long ago and I had grown out of that when I realized those thoughts didn't serve me as well as I had believed that they did, just like one day you will too when you decide to do so yourself.

But hey ... I vented my spleen yesterday I am surprised nothing more came back in my direction.   It would have been "deserved".

That's on you, fella'. You create the reality you live in and everything else reinforces that until you get tired of it and change your paradigm for another one like people change clothes. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

Just now, rideforever said:

Okay let's call it a draw.

No.  I would like to see you take one step forward.

• Like 1

Often when people think they are "helping" you they are just transferring victimhood.
It's a disease that's gone very deep into our species.
The idea that there could be something wrong in playing the violin together is absent.
It's the greatest cover for the false-self, after all if you are "helping" who can criticise you.