Lightseeker

Black Sabbath

Have any of you all listened to Black Sabbath? I just heard some of their songs last week and thought they were really good. My personal favorites are Iron Man, The Wizard and Black Sabbath (albeit dark).

43 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

Have any of you all listened to Black Sabbath? I just heard some of their songs last week and thought they were really good. My personal favorites are Iron Man, The Wizard and Black Sabbath (albeit dark).

I have a nice collection of Black Sabbath and I still enjoy listening to them.  Fell in love with them when they first started recording and stayed with them until Ozzie got too weird for me.  Wasn't long after that they broke up.

• Like 1

Black Sabbath is one of my favorites! Particularly:

The Wizard

Black Sabbath

War Pigs

Hand of Doom

Wheels of Confusion

Changes

Snowblind

Children of the Sea

Lonely Is the Word

Falling Off The Edge Of The World

The Sign of the Southern Cross

• Like 1

Ahhh ... the kids of today .

I remember my friends kid and his friend getting all excited and telling us about this old musician they listened to  that blew their minds .....  this guy called Jimi Hendrix .

:) 

However ,  there are some we are NOT  proud of 

Spoiler

nUct-C.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually, the late 1960s was a dramatic time for rock music.  The artists were trying to find new directions but the fans weren't giving very good feedback.  By the mid-1970s rock had found a new direction but it wasn't what I was interested in so I became a drop-out.

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Ahhh ... the kids of today .

I remember my friends kid and his friend getting all excited and telling us about this old musician they listened to  that blew their minds .....  this guy called Jimi Hendrix .

:) 

However ,  there are some we are NOT  proud of 

Reveal hidden contents

nUct-C.gif

Another favorite of mine. Have you heard his music? I like all along the watchtower and send my love to Linda. The second one is not as popular, and it’s hard to find a recording of it..

7 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Actually, the late 1960s was a dramatic time for rock music.  The artists were trying to find new directions but the fans weren't giving very good feedback.  By the mid-1970s rock had found a new direction but it wasn't what I was interested in so I became a drop-out.

Maynard-G.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Another favorite of mine. Have you heard his music? I like all along the watchtower and send my love to Linda. The second one is not as popular, and it’s hard to find a recording of it..

Have I heard his  ....   'music'   ?        .....

2e0.gif

Actuarrhhhly  ... I'm more into  Tool

• Like 1

I must be getting really old! Jimi Hendrix was god playing electric guitar. Everybody knew Jimi Hendrix! Sad to realize that nowadays House, Rap, and r&b (no not Rhythm-and-Blues - that would have been great) are setting the scene, and that the superb pop and rock music from the sixties and early seventies is (almost) forgotten. But modern pop music is awful. No not awesome - awful ! Listen here why this grumpy old man is right:

• Like 1

black sabbath, the Cronus of heavy metal

spawned them all, and could eat most all of em, too

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wandelaar said:

I must be getting really old! Jimi Hendrix was god playing electric guitar. Everybody knew Jimi Hendrix! Sad to realize that nowadays House, Rap, and r&b (no not Rhythm-and-Blues - that would have been great) are setting the scene, and that the superb pop and rock music from the sixties and early seventies is (almost) forgotten. But modern pop music is awful. No not awesome - awful ! Listen here why this grumpy old man is right:

The music producer Malcom Mclaren wa asked why music wa sooo great back then and so shit now ... he thought for a bit and ;

" Back then, with all those great bands, it would start with some original genius coming to me and saying 'This is my work, this is what I want to do, can you help me market it and produce it ?'  Now they come to me and ask 'What do i have to do to make a hit and be popular? '   ." 

• Like 2

Agree.  Originality is very lacking any more.

But then I was raised on music from the 1950s so what do I know.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2018 at 9:38 AM, Marblehead said:

Agree.  Originality is very lacking any more.

But then I was raised on music from the 1950s so what do I know.

Then again, I was 'raised' on 50s music ... as a toddler. I assume ,  via radio.  Then, sometime after  I have a vague memory of the excitement of  Dad coming home one day with ....

e814d30266d812cd33ecfb5d0a442cfe.jpg

And such as ....

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I was the first one in my family to buy a record player.  At the time the 45 rpm records were just becoming popular.  The first few records I bought were 78 rpm.

I was stationed in Germany when Frank Ifield was popular and totally missed him.  This last collection of music that was given to me had some of his songs in it.

• Like 1