Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Farewell to a great American Statesman

Nothing but respect for John McCain, the man and his life. 

I think his letter sums it up nicely.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the post. Sen. McCain encouraged cooperation among us, regardless of if your pepper's are green, yellow or red. He stood for principle, and fought for something against his party when he took a stance for the health care reform act. I rarely tune in news, so thanks again for posting this; I most likely would not have known.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, whitesilk said:

I rarely tune in news, so ..

and I watch too much.  Its not that it necessarily makes me stupider, but it makes for a busier buzzier, more judgemental mind.. and that is its own kind of dumb. 

• Like 1

"don't wallow in self pity, you'll drown" -some basketball coach.

I often speak in quotes. For example, from the Huainanzi, we have:

"How is this different from the songs of deaf mutes? They simply imitate what others do, but they do not have the means to make music themselves."

So hear is another koan, "My advice is, don't listen to other's advice."

I try to get full enjoyment from my vices.  I do the crime and know I'll do time for them.  The real problem is when people have a vice and fool themselves into thinking that it's not.

I'm leaving perfection as a goal for my next life or the one after that

addon> circling back to McCain; he had regrets, and wasn't to proud to acknowledge and learn from them.  I don't think you get to greatness without that. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Haha 1

in a good way, lol, nobody's perfect, yet humans can perfect objects... or designs or... creations, otherwise the word would not exist.

Edited by whitesilk

Sign in to follow this