Arkx6

Ceremony for Qi development using western magic?

So i notice how much energy i can raise using Reiki combined with a western magic ceremony invoking angels , the elements etc

Is there any way to utilise the energy raised for the development of my energy system like Qi gong would do. 

Or a way to use the energy raised to store? Are there any practices or sources Taoist or otherwise that describe such ceremonies?

Just interested in how i could combine Reiki, Qi gong and western magic ceremony 

Cheers :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arkx6 said:

Or a way to use the energy raised to store? Are there any practices or sources Taoist or otherwise that describe such ceremonies?

I'm not going to be specific as I don't have the knowledge readily available but Chuang Tzu mentioned this and I'm sure there have been other who have built on what he said.  Anything you find would be in the area of alchemy though.

I have studied and practiced Western Magic since the 60s, and started to study and practice Qigong in the early 70s, I became familiar with the Daoist magic related to Qi development in the late 70s, finally starting to practice it in the early 90s, you might find these and other posts in my PPD interesting:

What, me teach? Ok, sure why not . . .

Proposed Curriculum; the What, the How, and the Why

My apologies to casual readers who cannot follow these links, but they are open to registered Dao Bums only.

ZYD

Edit: Corrected some spacing issues.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 11:33 AM, Arkx6 said:

Is there any way to utilise the energy raised for the development of my energy system like Qi gong would do. 

This may be an excellent opportunity for forge a new path. All old traditions once started in exactly this manner. Make sure you keep a good diary! 

• Like 1

I think the more you raise this energy, the more your system adapts to it and becomes a better conduit of it. So basically, you're already doing a kind of qigong/development of your system.

The Western viewpoint I've heard of is that it's good to connect to this energy so that you have a daily overabundance of it...not just raising it for specific purposes and using it all up (and then some of your own! bad), but raising it within oneself directly simply for the purposes of establishing a better connection and more of it, and having it overflow. Reconnect when needed. That's how it's "stored", at least as far as I'm aware.

This process of connection and having an overabundance changes you on every level. It also depends on what "energy" you're connecting with. There could be things said about the stages of this transformation...which I'm not knowledgeable enough to say.

Edited by Aetherous

On 8/27/2018 at 2:33 AM, Arkx6 said:

So i notice how much energy i can raise using Reiki combined with a western magic ceremony invoking angels , the elements etc

Just interested in how i could combine Reiki, Qi gong and western magic ceremony 

Cheers :D

I know a process both mental and physical movement in my Tenaga Dalam practice that stores energy.

The middle pillar practice of western ceremonial magic was what originally opened some of my most preliminary channels, and later QI gong greatly increased the sensitivity depth.

• Like 1

Mixing East and West is difficult, for obvious and not so obvious reasons.

The culture clash is one of the more obvious ones, like different takes on respect, language and such.

Less obvious is the clash of different level of psychological development in the collective unconscious of a culture.

When two collective unconscious "minds" meet, the collective cultures will flourish,

but the individuals caught in this interchange may very well be destroyed as a sacrifice to the exchange.

Especially in the beginning, but it takes a very long time for it to be totally safe, especially the esoteric teachings.

I got this idea from Jung btw,

as he is one of the people's advice I've found useful for navigating this treacherous world.

Here he comments on Kundalini Yoga:

In these matters one needs a great deal of psychology in order to make it palatable to the
Western mind. If we do not try hard and dare to commit many errors in assimilating it
to our Western mentality, we simply get poisoned. For these symbols have a terribly
clinging tendency. They catch the unconscious somehow and cling to us. But they are a
foreign body in our system--corpus alienum--and they inhibit the natural growth and
development of our own psychology. It is like a secondary growth or a poison.
Therefore one has to make almost heroic attempts to master these things, to do
something against those symbols in order to deprive them of their influence.

If you think in those terms, you build up an apparent Hindu system with the psychology of the Western mind,
and you cannot do that--you simply poison yourself.

As we see Jung was of the opinion back then that just picking up and using foreign systems was a dangerous thing.

Just like poison, granted, almost a century has passed since then,

we have assimilated some of those things into our culture more, and hence they are not as poisonous as they where.

But still I would heed his warning and think carefully about how to mix up the systems, you might pay dearly for it if you misstep.

By adopting esoteric teachings we are more or less acting as a bridge between the two collective unconscious worlds.

Any strain that bridge feels is transplanted through us.

Hence if you don't take up a good position as part of that structure, you might just end up being crushed by the collective weight.

Sure it is not as hard being part of that bridge now, especially when a lot of the bridge is complete, but still there are areas where,

if you touch them, you quickly end up straining yourself beyond your capacity from the sher magnitude of being pulled in two

directions at once, by two entities that can easily break you on their own, if they so wish.

At least that is my interpretation aided by Jung, it is by no means the only one.

I have a specific movement in my Tenaga dalam practice that allows you to store or Lock the energies and also a advance movement to Lock energies in specific parts of your body.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 2:37 AM, dosa said:

Nevertheless, it is a dangerous practice.

Small risk, little gain

He who hesitates, waits. 😉

1 hour ago, yugenphoenix said:

Small risk, little gain

He who hesitates, waits. 😉

But sometimes he who hesitates is the one who lives for another day.

20 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

But sometimes he who hesitates is the one who lives for another day.

Death is nothing to fear when seeking immortality , but the chains that enslave and bind you to the finite are. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yugenphoenix said:

Death is nothing to fear when seeking immortality , but the chains that enslave and bind you to the finite are. 

Seeking immortality is a chain that enslaves too :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yugenphoenix said:

Damn!  Excellent come-back.

I'm no good with magic so I have to stay with the manifest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Damn!  Excellent come-back.

My brother you are the god of manifest! Keep it up. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2018 at 2:00 PM, Marblehead said:

while for me, manifestation seems utterly magical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

while for me, manifestation seems utterly magical.

Yeah, but that's a different kind of magic.

All of these methods you mentioned are very different and vast categories in themselves. I would recommend you start getting books on each category and see what clicks for you. There are many books on Angelic, Western Ritual Magick and Reiki. Get busy understanding each current.