Sign in to follow this  
mwight

A Suggestion To Sean & Dr. Verdesi On Business Models

I am posting this here because my forum account is offline until I can save up the forum fee.

This post is meant with the utmost respect. I know that Dr. Verdesi IS legit, and has the top masters in the world, and that surviving as a teacher takes lots of money, as well as your whole foundation.

I also see the other side of the coin (no pun intended), of the students who are mostly poor like myself.

I realize that you guys are getting a lot of "sour grapes" type flames here on ttb. Mostly from people who cannot afford the prices of in person training.

So here is my suggestion to make both sides happy.

1. Create video's of your training seminars. They don't even have to be special, just allow your students to see what others do at the training events (just as if they were there), No fancy menu's etc. ( I suggest individually watermarking the video's so that they are traceable if leaked )

2. Offer so many minutes of free phone coaching, and email support from your top students, after which there is a fee.

3. Make the students receiving these video's sign a non disclosure agreement, and have them get it notarized, before they can receive anything. This way they are legally bound not to reveal the dvd's to other people or the training they received.

4. Charge $500-1000 per level.

5. Everyone is happy, and you earn at least as much if not more than you did before. More students would be able to participate, and afford your training. Due to the increase in volume of non-traditional students you would earn vastly more, in my opinion.

You could do this in addition to your real life classes and seminars, as a form of distance learning.

This would give students a way to learn without the high costs of travel and accommodation etc.

Many colleges do this form of distance learning and I am convinced it could work for you.

Edited by mwight

For 1000 dollar video/dvd on training it would want to be loaded with a sh!t load of information how, why, why not, and this is what happens when attained this level?!

my 2 cents worth!

For 1000 dollar video/dvd on training it would want to be loaded with a sh!t load of information how, why, why not, and this is what happens when attained this level?!

my 2 cents worth!

Well perhaps, I just meant this as a distance learning project. Not as commercial dvd project. Making a good commercial dvd requires hundreds of man hours and planning. Taping a seminar and burning it on dvd doesn't.

I have seen several colleges which offer taped video lectures of their classes, and for the most part if your a serious student watching a taped lecture of a real class is just as good as actually being there, as long as you can contact your professor afterwards to ask any questions etc.

Ive run video correspondance for many years for over seas student, and you just cant put on a clip of a form or whatever you are showing. It must be broken down in details, theoires, principles must be explained and in a simple language for people, not all people holds PH.D's.

I think its a good idea, why not get people to buy the foundation training 1st level on dvd with all the proper information. Then each year hold a china seminar which cost less and they get there own accomidation, get graded, healed, bulled sucked whatever?

I think you will get more people , honest people that are also low income people that would like to learn it but seems that the prices are so high you will only get few. That also depends on if david would like it to grow or just be a small group?

cheers

WYG

Ive run video correspondance for many years for over seas student, and you just cant put on a clip of a form or whatever you are showing. It must be broken down in details, theoires, principles must be explained and in a simple language for people, not all people holds PH.D's.

I think its a good idea, why not get people to buy the foundation training 1st level on dvd with all the proper information. Then each year hold a china seminar which cost less and they get there own accomidation, get graded, healed, bulled sucked whatever?

I think you will get more people , honest people that are also low income people that would like to learn it but seems that the prices are so high you will only get few. That also depends on if david would like it to grow or just be a small group?

cheers

WYG

WYG,

I would assume the classes verdesi holds are very thorough, I don't think it would be as you assume just forms and clips. I am just suggesting that the lectures be taped, and made available to students who want them as long as they sign Non Disclosure Agreements.

I think at least this would solve many issues on both sides, make everyone happy. A true win win situation.

I agree i think David would run a deep seminar i think it would be good for students to buy a dvd on the history of there art/chi kung. Maybe David can make a comprehensive dvd on the lineage?

Great idea mate and i do see it a win win situation and i also think this will bring in more money for him and his teachers at the same time could charge less for students wishing to come and meet and train with him?

just a thought!

WYG

Why should it take loads of theory & weeks to explain something that could really be told in 5 minutes.

All this theory,Pen & paper correspondence is absolute nonsense & just another way to draw the entire thing out.

Regards,

Yeah even if the bull sucking was video taped and sold to pay for trips, etc., people still wouldn't believe it. haha.

that's still the weirdest Taoist master power transmission I've encountered for sure.

Money,

Money money money. Money money money money. Or spiritual advancement. Money money money and money.

It's sad that someone would go so far as to post this about David Sham Verdisi so as to get "inside." It's not mwight's issue, it's Sham's.

Houtian,

True, although some explaination i believe is very important for students to understand! I myself like to have a indepth study on what i do but that is me thats my prefrence.

WYG

Sign in to follow this