Sign in to follow this  
sustainablefarm86

Hello, BlueRedMoon, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome BlueRedMoon,

Lots of meditating people here.  :) I hope you find all that your looking for.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

Hi BlueRedMoon.  Welcome.

I do Empty-minded meditation.  Fairly easy to practice.  Sit down and shut up.

I find sitting meditation much more challenging than it appears. If I have too much energy then it's difficult to still the mind, and if I don't have enough energy it's difficult to stay awake. Walking meditation helps in these matters. Sometimes meditation simply means allowing whatever is happening to happen. That's often code for bedtime. :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I find sitting meditation much more challenging than it appears. If I have too much energy then it's difficult to still the mind, and if I don't have enough energy it's difficult to stay awake. Walking meditation helps in these matters. Sometimes meditation simply means allowing whatever is happening to happen. That's often code for bedtime. :)

Ha.  Yeah, I did say it was easy, didn't I?  My error.  The process is simple.  The practice, not so much.

But yes, "walking meditation" is good too as long as we don't fall asleep while walking.  That's dangerous.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, BlueRedMoon said:

:lol:

Thanks

I have small experience with sitting meditation, now I'm looking into the great art of imagining things :lol: inside the body I've read here in the forum 

Visualization? That can be quite powerful. You may want to learn about forms of shamanism.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlueRedMoon said:

If you know any good and simple method you can share it here

I spent a year working with a teacher of shamanism. He taught us basics of the upper, middle, and lower worlds and how to travel among them. It really helps to work with a teacher and a group of students. There's more energy than going alone for beginners. If you can find a local teacher that will help. I have also spent time working with family constellations. It's not visualization per-se, but it does have a certain amount of ancillary qualities such as opening oneself to otherworldly via an ultra soft form of possession. Unfortunately I can't recommend any books on the subject. Well, that's not quite true. I do have an old book called Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. It's mostly new age mumbo jumbo but there are a few worthwhile nuggets

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BlueRedMoon said:

I concluded that if I imagine for long enough while imitating trees and other strange shapes I get to be an immortal, sounds like bullshit honestly  but I have nothing better to do this life so it is my duty to become one :lol: 

If you know any good and simple method you can share it here ^_^, for the past month I picked up a few from reading the threads here though

For the general members, I'm not interested in any sales pitch, not interested in joining any affiliation or lineage, not interested in any private messages.  

My dad used to tell me to imitate a tree...

but I don't know whether that was telling me to be quiet,

or Leave. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2018 at 1:51 PM, King Jade said:

I concluded that if I imagine for long enough while imitating trees and other strange shapes I get to be an immortal, sounds like bullshit honestly  but I have nothing better to do this life so it is my duty to become one :lol: 

If you know any good and simple method you can share it here ^_^, for the past month I picked up a few from reading the threads here though

For the general members, I'm not interested in any sales pitch, not interested in joining any affiliation or lineage, not interested in any creepy private messages.  

It’s fun to do exercises like this. 😊 Thinking outside the box and going outside of your comfort zone is important in growing. 

Theres lots of solid methods around that are talked about. Some people will mention in passing, and if your reading closely you’ll find it.  Things won’t always be obvious or sales pitch here. 

Feel free to ask any questions 😊

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, King Jade said:

I don't know what questions to question :lol:, what questions do you believe I should ask?

Where is the heaven and where is the earth? I suppose heaven is above the crown and earth is below the feet, what do I do with it?

What's the most useful and timeless piece of method I can learn right now?

Heaven is within and without :)

Find a meditation and energy practice that feels right to you and do it daily.

Read what you are drawn to, ask questions on the things you don't understand.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, King Jade said:

I don't know what questions to question :lol:, what questions do you believe I should ask?

What's the most useful and timeless piece of method or advice I can learn right now?

I'll put these under easy and potentially powerful.  Here's a link to a thread on guided meditations.  The first one from Barry Long is excellent on getting to know and control your mind.  I like the CSM, Center of Stillness meditation, many of the others are fun.  As a caveat, man can't live on guided meditations alone.  Sooner or later one has to face ones own mind and ride that monkey til only one is boss.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:18 PM, thelerner said:

For the first one I present Barry Long, a mystic, perhaps best known as a major influence behind Eckhardt Tolle.   Long has a soothing voice, with straight forward methods of removing thoughts.  This meditation is from a youtube video Start Meditating Now by Barry Long, originally 36.51 minutes, after listening once or twice, feel free to fast forward to 6:24 minutes (or 10:24) depending on how much pre-instruction you want.   You can listen at your computer or transfer it to an MP3 player to listen to in bed or during meditation. 

I encourage people to give this a try.  This is a great experiential meditation, with imo important lessons.  Like many mystics, Long sees thoughts as addictions, once we get away from habitual 'junk' thoughts, we get more instep with reality.    Generally a good thing.

Meditation_guided_Barry_Long_1.mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB_S4jLJ3KI&list=PLmOtSswGcXa4bmB2BiYbZMsO0CM9w_OsY

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this