5 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

It's good to see that coal powered steam locomotives explode in a fiery ball when they crash. I wasn't sure.

Obviously that one was smuggling dynamite, a bit of jet fuel and some sparkly skyrockets .

We have a retirement home for old locos here , up on top of the escarpment  ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzSC0GQJdxoMtCnLMq7_e

Rolling+stock+Dorrigo+Steam+&+Railway+Mu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorrigo_Steam_Railway_and_Museum

Hmmmmm  .... old locos  ....   escarpment  .....   I'm getting an idea ! 

Spoiler

:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfupN7QiJ5fyp7S0eeWle

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, it was fake but it still looked good.

You know,  in a movie, when cars 'explode'  (for whatever reason ), they want them to go upwards, so they have these huge springs and lifters under them . Sometimes they go off first and it looks like  the car 'levitates' for no reason ... and then explodes in the air    :D  .

• Like 1

Interesting that quartz crystals are integral to electronic communication... or at least they were, not sure about more recent developments.  And they've been used for scrying and communicating with the non-local/conscious self for much of human history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Yes, minus the psychic and minus the visual.

so .... still no visuals  ?

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

so .... still no visuals  ?

I took my crystal ball outside under the full moon last night for about 20 minutes. Inside the crystal I could see a smaller crystal - like a luminescent orb of light. It was pretty awesome. Other times I've seen lights dancing in and around the ball, but never any discrete images. I do get flashes of knowledge - data injections - but that's all. It's like meditation except there is a ball in front of me and my eyes are open.

• Like 2

OMG my scrying ain't working! I sit there, staring at the crystal, and all I get is sleepy. I need to mix things up. Perhaps a good dose of full sunlight rock scrying is what I need. Moonlight crystal scrying is going nowhere...

Edited by Lost in Translation
Changed "drying" to "scrying" - thanks a bunch, autocorrect
  • Like 2

Years ago when I would practice scrying, after a few mins ... my mind would wander and I would see what I was intending to scry in my imagination/minds eye.  

I think ultimately that’s what happens with scrying... your physical eyesight and your minds eye kind of combine into one? I could be wrong. 

I find its much easier to cut out the physical part and close my eyes. The physical (in this case your surroundings) can become another obstacle... more stimulation, more distraction. 

Just my thoughts on the matter. I wish you luck on it! It was something I never could do well 😊

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

Years ago when I would practice scrying, after a few mins ... my mind would wander and I would see what I was intending to scry in my imagination/minds eye.  

I think ultimately that’s what happens with scrying... your physical eyesight and your minds eye kind of combine into one? I could be wrong. 

No, I think you are right .... in my experience anyway.  In scrying, but more so in evocation .  Nothing !  Zilch !  Triangle empty ! I had 'Solomon's Ring '   ( that supposedly assists one to see spirits ) ...nope.  But as I looked further into the design of said ring, something hit me ; maybe I am not supposed to be wearing it but looking through it ?  I tried that, nope. Then I tried closing my eyes and holding the ring up to my third eye and 'looking' through it ... Bingo !  There you are , you little fucker !  Got three heads and everything .

The most visuals I ever got from scrying was using Enochian tablets, doing the ritual and the chants in Enocian, 'opening' the tablets, travelling into their dimension and entering the pyramids that are like gateways to other worlds .  Rather 'fantastical'  'in ' there .

image.png.49dc87545cbf64290c3b77e062294626.png

Enochian water tablet

EnochianPyramid.jpg

Pyramids that make up the tablets.

one of the 'keys'  in 'Angelic language' ;

Ol sonuf vaoresaji, gohu IAD Balata, elanusaha caelazod: sobrazod-ol Roray i ta nazodapesad, Giraa ta maelpereji, das hoel-qo qaa notahoa zodimezod, od comemahe ta nobeloha zodien; soba tahil ginonupe pereje aladi, das vaurebes obolehe giresam. Causarem ohorela caba Pire: das zodonurenusagi cab: erem Iadanahe. Pilahe farezodem zodenurezoda adana gono Iadapiel das home-tohe: soba ipame lu ipamis: das sobolo vepe zodomeda poamal, od bogira aai ta piape Piamoel od Vaoan! Zodacare, eca, od zodameranu! odo cicale Qaa; zodoreje, lape zodiredo Noco Mada, Hoathahe I A I D A!

So, with all the gear required, the set up, the ritual, the meditation, the strange 'barbarous ' chanting , puts ones mind in another zone.

I am not surprised that just staring into a crystal ball gives poor results.  Its a bit like buying a magic wand and expecting 'powers' from waving it around, however,  if you want to practice ritual magic,  you will need a wand .

... I am sure people  here  can work out what is going on with that .  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I am not surprised that just staring into a crystal ball gives poor results.  Its a bit like buying a magic wand and expecting 'powers' from waving it around, however,  if you want to practice ritual magic,  you will need a wand .

I'm staring at my new car and it won't go nowhere. Maybe I need to turn the key...?

After about a month of "cray-cray" business, I finally have a bit of down time. BACK TO SCRYING! I'm saging my crystals now. Mmmm, sage.

Speaking of sage, there was a time when I HATED that smell. That was also a time when I was pissed off and angry all the time. Now I LOVE the smell and I'm generally a happy guy. I think I had a "hitchhiker" of sorts (not possession, just occupation). Stupid little spirits...

• Like 2

On 29/10/2018 at 5:24 AM, Lost in Translation said:

....... Stupid little spirits...

Whooopsa !      ...... remember rule  8   !  

Therefore fear not the Spirits, but be firm and courteous with them; for thou hast no right to despise or revile them; and this too may lead thee astray. Command and banish them, curse them by the Great Names if need be; but neither mock or revile them, for so assuredly wilt thou be led to error.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Whooopsa !      ...... remember rule  8   !  

Therefore fear not the Spirits, but be firm and courteous with them; for thou hast no right to despise or revile them; and this too may lead thee astray. Command and banish them, curse them by the Great Names if need be; but neither mock or revile them, for so assuredly wilt thou be led to error.

That's good advice, whether dealing with flesh or spirit. Thank you.

• Like 1

Cats don't normally hold their eye to eye stares for very long.  Once they have determined out intentions they release the stare.

But then, don't try that with the big cats.  They will detect your fear and kill you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marblehead said:

But then, don't try that with the big cats.  They will detect your fear and kill you.

All cats are big cats, even if they have small bodies. I got in a fight with a stray tabby once. He bit and scratched me to the tune of $1,000 in emergency room bills. Not fun.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2018 at 9:42 AM, Lost in Translation said:

Is this more Crowley ?

He appropriated it (and inserted it into the 2nd degree initiation ritual ) from the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn  document ; The Development of the Powers of the Soul.  I dont know who the author is .....  perhaps  Mathers ? 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I wonder if my cat would let me stare into his eyes... probably not. It's best not to try. The last thing I need is to have an eye coughed out by a 9 1/2 lb (4.3 kg for you metric types) house cat.

Thats right ... you would need a special device to ensure safety . I suggest a scrying table, with a hole cut out the centre , stick puss's head through that and gaffa tape his body to the underside, that way you can sit there for hours staring into his eyes , in safety  ..... your safety, that is .

• Haha 1