Lightseeker

Experiences with Brahmacharya

I have been trying to practice celibacy for a while, but recently I have found success. I have been wearing a special yantra which is meant to help with it, and since wearing it I feel great relief from those sexual thoughts. However with that being said, I also feel a tension and anger building up, and my focus and mental steadiness is worse than it was before. I’m not sure why this is. I was hoping to feel the opposite...

It is happening because you are trying to bypass rather than clear the underlying desire. The energy will just spill out in other emotional forms. 

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Jeff said:

It is happening because you are trying to bypass rather than clear the underlying desire. The energy will just spill out in other emotional forms. 

Can you tell me how to clear the desire?

13 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Can you tell me how to clear the desire?

Sure, there are many ways/paths that are about clearing out such desires. But, from your past posts in many threads your goal seems to be more about the opposite, almost more like wanting pushing your desires with power. Why do you want to avoid sex? Also, no interest in finding love with another person? And having truly loving sex?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Sure, there are many ways/paths that are about clearing out such desires. But, from your past posts in many threads your goal seems to be more about the opposite, almost more like wanting pushing your desires with power. Why do you want to avoid sex? Also, no interest in finding love with another person? And having truly loving sex?

Some of the greatest minds like Vivekananda had spoken of the power which comes from sex sublimation..

1 hour ago, Lightseeker said:

Some of the greatest minds like Vivekananda had spoken of the power which comes from sex sublimation..

Sublimation is simply spiritual bypassing.  It is about clearing and balance, not forcing (grasping) something.

From the TTC Chapter 64

Those who act defeat their own purpose;

Those who grasp lose.

The wise do not act and so are not defeated.

They do not grasp and therefore do not lose.

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success.

So give as much care to the end as to the beginning;

Then there will be no failure.

Therefore the wise seek freedom from desire.

They do not collect precious things.

They learn not to hold on to ideas.

They bring people back to what they have lost.

They help the ten thousand things find their own nature, Yet they refrain from action.

- Tsu, Lao. Tao Te Ching

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I have been trying to practice celibacy for a while, but recently I have found success. I have been wearing a special yantra which is meant to help with it, and since wearing it I feel great relief from those sexual thoughts. However with that being said, I also feel a tension and anger building up, and my focus and mental steadiness is worse than it was before. I’m not sure why this is. I was hoping to feel the opposite...

you posted this in the wrong forum - have the mods move it. thanks.

23 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

you posted this in the wrong forum - have the mods move it. thanks.

No, he has not. This is perfectly fine in general discussion.

• Like 5

If this is still an issue, try eating a lot of coriander, corn flakes (not any cereal, specifically corn flakes)  and tofu.

All three are massive libido reducers.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Zork said:

If this is still an issue, try eating a lot of coriander, corn flakes (not any cereal, specifically corn flakes)  and tofu.

All three are massive libido reducers.

Thnaks!

Sure no problem. But i still don't understand why a teenage boy wants to have his libido reduced.

Have fun, get laid.

The years aren't going to come back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zork said:

Sure no problem. But i still don't understand why a teenage boy wants to have his libido reduced.

Have fun, get laid.

The years aren't going to come back.

Lol! I’m sure you know of the immense power that comes through Brahmacharya? Far more than the pleasure of sex.

Watch it carefully. There is a version with the lyrics available.

It's an allegorical poem about the odyssey and ultimately the journey of life.

• Like 1

On 21/8/2018 at 3:24 PM, Lightseeker said:

Some of the greatest minds like Vivekananda had quite short lives. 

Sex sublimation is a fascinating concept, but I don't assume that it's real and doable just because some Indian guy said so. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Some of the greatest minds like Vivekananda had quite short lives. 

Sex sublimation is a fascinating concept, but I don't assume that it's real and doable just because some Indian guy said so. 

What is the relationship between his short life and sex sublimation? And do you agree that it gives tremendous power??

4 hours ago, Zork said:

Watch it carefully. There is a version with the lyrics available.

It's an allegorical poem about the odyssey and ultimately the journey of life.

I listened to it. I was meaningful, and for some reason reminded me of Bohemian Rhapsody. 

The point of the poem is to enjoy the journey. Once you reach your destination the journey will be over and you will have nothing more to gain. That's why you should wish for it to be long.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zork said:

The point of the poem is to enjoy the journey. Once you reach your destination the journey will be over and you will have nothing more to gain. That's why you should wish for it to be long.

If it’s all an illusion, how does it matter if it’s long or short?

4 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

What is the relationship between his short life and sex sublimation?

No idea, but imho his lifespan could be regarded as an objective measure of the quality of his spiritual practices. 

4 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

And do you agree that it gives tremendous power??

No, it doesn't. 

But to practice celibacy for a period of 3 months or so may have a therapeutic effect on the nervous system. It might feel like tremendous power if your nervous system has some imbalances. 

9 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

No idea, but imho his lifespan could be regarded as an objective measure of the quality of his spiritual practices. 

This is an interesting idea. Do you know who Mahavatar Babaji is?

1 hour ago, Lightseeker said:

If it’s all an illusion, how does it matter if it’s long or short?

You answered your own question. What is the point of having a short journey? Take buddhism for example. Achieving enlightenment  tommorow or at last day day of your life has the same end result.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

This is an interesting idea. Do you know who Mahavatar Babaji is?

I consider the possibility that Babaji is not real. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

I consider the possibility that Babaji is not real. 

How could you conclude that? Do you know who Trailanga Swami is then

Everything your looking for is in the present moment. The deeper you reside in it, the more you find. There’s no limit to the secrets it’s willing to tell you 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

How could you conclude that? Do you know who Trailanga Swami is then

The sooner you realize the nature of the spiritual industry, the better you will make your own judgments. 

When I hear stories from India or Tibet, I know that the keyword is "exaggeration" and I ask for something more than an anonymous anecdote...