cheya

Understanding ongoing earthquake activity

For those living in active earthquake areas, this is a fascinating analysis of how and why the current unprecedented earthquake activity is moving, predicting where the forces are likely to strike next. His graphics are a little intimidating at first, but he does explain, and you will understand if you stick with it.  He's been at this for years, and is constantly improving both the accuracy of his predictions and his explanations for those predictions. This YouTube is outstanding in both aspects...

• Like 1

I skipped through it but it appears that the man did a lot of heavy research.

Earthquake and volcanic predictions are still in their infancy.  Perhaps his research will lead to better understandings.

• Like 1

Two days ago, on August 18th, the deepest, strongest earthquake ever recorded happened in the middle of the Pacific ocean. It didn't make the news...earthquakes in the middle of the ocean don't get much press... but it was listed on the earthquake sites. Although other sites just recorded its depth and power without mentioning that it was the strongest ever...  Dutch predicted that the massive energy would spread and cause unusually strong earthquakes along specific fault lines... which is exactly what happened... starting within hours of his prediction! I was impressed!... He says it will take ten days for the energy of that deep earthquake to dissipate, and that the succeeding earthquakes are happening at a much faster rate than usual, and can be expected to be an order of magnitude stronger than previous earthquakes in an area, as the earth tries to spread and dissipate the energy from that big one.  Earthquakes have been happening all over the planet, and largely conform to the patterns he predicted in advance. 

I don't usually follow this stuff, but this one has grabbed me. 

• Like 2

I try to keep up with the science of earthquakes and volcanoes.  There is often a close link between the two.

That quake near Fiji was a very deep one.  No known damage that I am aware of and too deep under ocean water to cause a damaging tsunami.  That one is outside the "Ring of Fire" so this might be a sign of new activity or just a movement that happens every 10,000 years.  We'll see.

Report this morning, 6.3 quake off the coast of Oregon, USA.  Geologists have been suggesting that there is a possibility for a really big one in that area but haven't suggested when it might happen.  (It has happened before.)

• Like 1

Yes, Marblehead... Dutch has been waiting for that EQ for awhile. His predictions and methodology are really impressive.

He totally shares his methodology in making the predictions, so readers can do it themselves...Sort of. He's an incredible tech geek with his graphics... Takes awhile to really follow him, but when you do.. AMAZING!

Last night he was repeating his warning that New Zealand had to have a corrective EQ, and then it actually happened while he was talking about it!

Here's the latest on YouTube:

Edited by cheya
  • Like 1

Yes, New Zealand is part of the "Ring of Fire" just as is Oregon.

Earthquakes will continue as long as the continental plates continue to crashing against each other and spreading apart from each other.  Iceland is a perfect example of the European and North American continents spreading apart.  And they have their fair share of earthquakes and volcanic activity.

• Like 1