Lightseeker

Ramalinga Vallalar siddhis

I have observed that Vallar has been an individual who has garnered great respect on multiple forums, this one included. I know a fair bit about him, because half of my family is from Tamil Nadu, his hometown. I have not visited his samadhi, but by father has. Anyway, I have heard countless stories of his greatness, including that he possessed all Siddhis, and had the Hindu equivalent of the Rainbow Body. Numerous mysteries exist surrounding this, especially because his physical body disappeared one day. Some say he has gone to the Himalayas and lives amongst the siddhas...

• Like 1

I am familiar with Vallalar.  He is certainly an accomplished siddha/siddhar.  I have read some of his writings on 'Light', which he calls 'jyothi' in Tamil.  His writings have both depth and beauty.  From reading about him and some of his works, I would agree that he seemed to have attained some state equivalent to the Rainbow body of light.  

Thanks for writing this post.  I haven't looked at Vallar's writings in time.  They are fascinating.  This just reminds me to read some of it again.      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, I would like to point out, it is not the siddhis that made Vallalar popular.  They are not even important.  It will be a narrow view to just look at siddhis and see that as achievements. What stands out is the clarity and depth in his works which make them resonate at deeper levels.  He is also remembered for the compassion and love that just pours out of his words.

• Like 2