gj551

american chakra

heres the thing: charles webster leadbeater has written a book on the chakras (its called 'the chakras'). in that book he says:

The spleen chakra is not indicated in the Indian books; its place is taken by a centre called the Svadhishthana, situated in the neighbourhood of the generative organs, to which the same six petals are assigned. From our point of view the arousing of such a centre would be regarded as a misfortune, as there are serious dangers connected with it. In the Egyptian scheme of develop­ment elaborate precautions were taken to prevent any such awakening.

source: http://www.anandgholap.net/Chakras-CWL.htm

in short, he says the (activated) svadhishthana-chakra is a bad thing. westeners (should) use their spleen chakra instead of their (as of yet dormant) svadhishthana chakra

whats the difference between a westerner using his spleen-chakra (instead of the svadishthana-chakra) and an indian person having an (active) svadhishthana-chakra?? c.w. leadbeater says, as quoted above, that we would regard an active svadhishthana-chakra as a bad thing... why?

:)

(heres a pic of leadbeater's spleen chakra; its the one to the right)

chakras_spleen2.jpg

Edited by gj551
  • Thanks 1

My opinion is that this might be related to a bizarre and subjective experience of Mr. Leadbeater. 

The spleen Chakra and svadhisthana Chakra don't exist. They're not organs that need to be activated. 

Svadhisthana is more like a method or I might say a "tool" that finds its specific function and purpose in certain tantric systems. 

Leadbeater  ?     Seriously ? 

" In the Egyptian scheme of develop­ment elaborate precautions were taken to prevent any such awakening. "

:D 

' Theosophists '  ! 

I have seen the American chakra ; it appears to be rayed light of red and blue , in the very centre is a star and if you look closely, deep inside that is a mystic sign ;

Spoiler

$

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

I have seen the American chakra ; it appears to be rayed light of red and blue , in the very centre is a star and if you look closely, deep inside that is a mystic sign ;

Hide contents

$

have a good laugh once in a while^^

All goes back to the Victorian/Edwardian attitudes to sex.  They made up the spleen chakra to avoid talking about the naughty bits.

• Like 3

In 1906, critics were angered to learn that Leadbeater had given advice to some boys under his care that encouraged masturbation as a way to relieve obsessive sexual thoughts. Leadbeater acknowledged that he had given this advice to a few boys approaching maturity who came to him for help. He commented, "I know that the whole question of sex feelings is the principal difficulty in the path of boys and girls, and very much harm is done by the prevalent habit of ignoring the subject and fearing to speak of it to young people. The first information about it should come from parents or friends, not from servants or bad companions."[46]

The negative reaction to Leadbeater's advice by some members of the society can be seen in light of the confusion and ignorance that surrounded discussions of masturbation during the period.[citation needed] Amid this atmosphere of fear, several members of the Theosophical society asked for Leadbeater's resignation. The society held proceedings against him in 1906 of which Annie Besant, president of the society, later stated:

"The so-called trial of Mr Leadbeater was a travesty of justice. He came before Judges, one of whom had declared before hand that 'he ought to be shot'; another, before hearing him, had written passionate denunciations of him, a third and fourth had accepted, on purely psychic testimony, unsupported by any evidence, the view that he was grossly immoral, and a danger to the Society..."[47]

Charges of misconduct that went beyond the advice he admitted to giving were never proven. However, to save the society embarrassment, he resigned.

After Olcott died in 1907, Annie Besant became president of the society following a political struggle. By the end of 1908, the International Sections voted for Leadbeater's readmission. He accepted and came to Adyar on 10 February 1909. At the time, Besant referred to Leadbeater as a martyr who was wronged by her and by the Theosophical Society, saying that "never again would a shadow come between her and her brother Initiate".[48]

The Chakras (1927) (published by the Theosophical Publishing House, Wheaton, Illinois, USA)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Webster_Leadbeater

17 hours ago, Apech said:

All goes back to the Victorian/Edwardian attitudes to sex.  They made up the spleen chakra to avoid talking about the naughty bits.

My spleen has gone all stiff .  I tried rubbing it but  that just made  it  worse !  

What should I do Dr Apech ?    Eat more cornflakes ? 

13 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

In 1906, critics were angered to learn that Leadbeater had given advice to some boys under his care that encouraged masturbation as a way to relieve obsessive sexual thoughts. Leadbeater acknowledged that he had given this advice to a few boys approaching maturity who came to him for help. He commented, "I know that the whole question of sex feelings is the principal difficulty in the path of boys and girls, and very much harm is done by the prevalent habit of ignoring the subject and fearing to speak of it to young people. The first information about it should come from parents or friends, not from servants or bad companions."[46]

The negative reaction to Leadbeater's advice by some members of the society can be seen in light of the confusion and ignorance that surrounded discussions of masturbation during the period.[citation needed] Amid this atmosphere of fear, several members of the Theosophical society asked for Leadbeater's resignation. The society held proceedings against him in 1906 of which Annie Besant, president of the society, later stated:

"The so-called trial of Mr Leadbeater was a travesty of justice. He came before Judges, one of whom had declared before hand that 'he ought to be shot'; another, before hearing him, had written passionate denunciations of him, a third and fourth had accepted, on purely psychic testimony, unsupported by any evidence, the view that he was grossly immoral, and a danger to the Society..."[47]

Charges of misconduct that went beyond the advice he admitted to giving were never proven. However, to save the society embarrassment, he resigned.

After Olcott died in 1907, Annie Besant became president of the society following a political struggle. By the end of 1908, the International Sections voted for Leadbeater's readmission. He accepted and came to Adyar on 10 February 1909. At the time, Besant referred to Leadbeater as a martyr who was wronged by her and by the Theosophical Society, saying that "never again would a shadow come between her and her brother Initiate".[48]

The Chakras (1927) (published by the Theosophical Publishing House, Wheaton, Illinois, USA)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Webster_Leadbeater

Errrmmmm    ... excepts you left out the bit about him and young Krishnamurti in the shower together !

"For goodness sakes ! I was just showing the young Indian boy the correct English way of thoroughly washing one's genitals .  Its unfortunate that his father turned up at that moment and entirely misunderstood the lesson I was to .........    "

R i i i i i g h t !      :rolleyes:

lead .... beater .....           Jeeze ! 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nungali said:

"For goodness sakes ! I was just showing the young Indian boy the correct English way...

Hi Nungali,

Anatomically how different is an Indian boy from his English brother?

Can you please PM on the correct English way...

I was colonized as a British Subject - but I am an ethnic Asian.

I want to be clean(ed) in memory of my Colony Master 

Thank you.

- Anand

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

My spleen has gone all stiff .  I tried rubbing it but  that just made  it  worse !  

What should I do Dr Apech ?    Eat more cornflakes ? 

Dear boy,

Just run along and play with yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Nungali,

Anatomically how different is an Indian boy from his English brother?

Can you please PM on the correct English way...

I was colonized as a British Subject - but I am an ethnic Asian.

I want to be clean(ed) in memory of my Colony Master 

Thank you.

- Anand

Just gaze at this image:

her_majesty_queen_liz_II.jpg

Gurdjieff said that it had taken him quite of lot of searching before he had discovered that most of what Leadbeater/Blavatsky had written about was not their personal experience, much was heresay.

I recognize the chakra circle colours from Pranic Healing Therapy, who also have a "Spleen Chakra" by which they mean a spirit / intelligence of the organ.   I suppose they are informed by Leadbeater.

The Indian path is to Awaken the chakras as identity.   
And the goal of their tradition is to transcend as soon as possible by any rapid means.

Other traditions stimulate the "chakras" or organs for regulation or longevity etc... which is a different goal, related to a more compassionate and interested view of human life on Earth.

Human understanding of "chakras" is quite poor, people use these words but mean different thing.  Same for many words like Awaken, Meditation, Presence, Forgiveness, Enlightenment.   This goes unnoticed.

43 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Gurdjieff said that it had taken him quite of lot of searching before he had discovered that most of what Leadbeater/Blavatsky had written about was not their personal experience, much was heresay.

[...]

Yes, Gurdjieff was particularly guillible and when he said that something spiritual was BS, it probably really was.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

12 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

Yes, Gurdjieff was particularly guillible and when he said that something spiritual was BS, it probably really was.

I don't follow, you say he was gullible but that he could detect BS ?
That doesn't make sense.
Why do you think he was gullible ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

Human understanding of "chakras" is quite poor, people use these words but mean different thing.

Understanding pales in comparison to experiencing the "chakras".

(Mis)understanding can end up in chakral confrontations, arguments, comparisons, divisions... and the serpent slips into oblivion.

But experiencing them is more rooted in physical commonality. Why?

An Indian body, English body and an ethnic Asian body are generically similar - I like to believe so.

4 minutes ago, Limahong said:

An Indian body, English body and an ethnic Asian body are generically similar - I like to believe so.

It's not the chakras that are different but the understanding explanation of them.
Which is rrelated to the history goal and level of consciousness of the culture.

Chinese cultures aims for one thing.
British another.
Indian yet another.

But in general we are all handicapped by dumb brutal ape arrogant insensitive tribal.
It is actually extremely hard for a human to read a book without it being coloured by all these factors.   They end up using the book as a screen to project all these habits and currents.   
To read or to do anything honestly is enlightenment.
Hence Buddha said "when for you seeing is just seeing and hearing just hearing ... that is enlightenment"

Westerners for instance appreciate individual characters and this represents a new type of growth.  It is a metaphorical chakra.

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

I don't follow, you say he was gullible but that he could detect BS ?

A golden coin in a poor hand is such a big treasure, isn't it? 

Why do you think he was gullible ?

Because he used to believe blindly in all sorts of myth from the eastern world. 

Some yoga teacher told him that he should eat slowly and carefully... and he followed the advice. Then he met another yoga teacher who instructed him to do the opposite, and he followed the advice. 

He slept on the bare ground for many years because some naked beggar told him to do so. 

Etc...

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

You are not talking about Gurdjieff.
Who did you hear that from ?

Gurdjieff never did anything at all, even small things, because "somebody told him so".  The whole point of his life was to never do that.   To always see for yourself, try things, check and verify at any point   His motto was "never do anything as others do".   That's what he did and taught every day of his life.

He used to prepare huge banquets for his students with many special dishes he had learned on this journeys requiring rare ingredients that he had collected, and he used to cook them all himself maybe a dozen courses for 30 people.   Regularly.   And then he would teach before during and after lunch.

I think you are strangely misinformed about him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Understanding pales in comparison to experiencing the "chakras".

(Mis)understanding can end up in chakral confrontations, arguments, comparisons, divisions... and the serpent slips into oblivion.

But experiencing them is more rooted in physical commonality. Why?

Chakral confrontations!  I think you should copyright that phrase.

If there is an American chakra, it is much more...

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness

or in more simple terms...

“Each of us deserves the freedom to pursue our own version of happiness. No one deserves to be bullied.”

― Barack Obama

:) 

• Like 4