Chang

A Comprehensive Guide to Daoist Nei Gong

On 28/08/2019 at 5:56 PM, Shubin said:

It is good to see someone pointed out errors in the book "Taoist Yoga".

From my point of view, Charles Luk could not correctly translate the Title of the book of Master Chao Pi Ch'en, and that is a big mistake. 

What do you think would be a better translation of the title? Just curious.

8 hours ago, idquest said:

What do you think would be a better translation of the title? Just curious.

If I do it, I will translated the title word to word from Chinese to English.

The title has three words, “性命”,“法诀”, and “明指”, and I will translated the last word to "in plain Chinese".

On 12/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, vonkrankenhaus said:

Taoist Yoga book is also teaching real stuff - but just has a few errors.

Do you mind providing some evidence to back up this claim of "errors"?

Charles Luk translated what he considered to be the essential ‘core’ content of the manual, omitting a number of poems, conversations, explanatory additions, and some biographical material.  This decision was taken due to the length of the original text, and what was considered at the time, the unfamiliar Daoist technical language it contained.  As a consequence of this editing, the finished English text of ‘Taoist Yoga’ is designed as a highly condensed version of the manual, designed to introduce the practitioner to Qianfeng Daoism, and provide an authoritative referencing source. 

The original Chinese language titles of each chapter, (together with an alternative English rendering), has also been added to Charles Luk’s English translations in Taoist Yoga, so as to aid understanding and interpretation.

https://icbi.weebly.com/zhao-bichenrsquos-taoist-yoga.html

• Like 1