Lost in Translation

Psychic Attack

How does one protect against psychic attacks?

I find it useful to call upon sympathetic spirits such as Kuan Yin or Jesus. Surrounding myself with golden light and visualizing large steel doors slamming shut between me and the attacker seem to help. Sometimes when I'm asleep or just no paying attention some hook or barb will get through. It's annoying.

What methods do other bums use to keep their space clear of such things?

Just curious, how does one know they are under psychic attack? What are the symptoms?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Just curious, how does one know they are under psychic attack? What are the symptoms?

That's a good question! I suppose there is no one-size-fits-all answer. In my case it manifests as a sudden, sharp, piercing pain. For instance I was at lunch yesterday when I felt a stab in my right eye. My wife is sensitive to energy. She was sitting across from me and saw me touch my eye. She squinted and said "you have a shadow figure behind you." I told her about the pain and she nodded. She already knew what had happened.

10 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

That's a good question! I suppose there is no one-size-fits-all answer. In my case it manifests as a sudden, sharp, piercing pain. For instance I was at lunch yesterday when I felt a stab in my right eye. My wife is sensitive to energy. She was sitting across from me and saw me touch my eye. She squinted and said "you have a shadow figure behind you." I told her about the pain and she nodded. She already knew what had happened.

Pretty intense. Your wife sounds very gifted to pick up something like that. Does calling the higher beings usually vanquish such visitors? What do you get intuitively...? Do you believe they have some goal or reason for something like that? Thanks... Hope

you don’t mind the queries .. my curiousity abounds with an interesting topic like this 😊

• Like 1

I also find it very interesting, and cool that your wife can see such things.  Does it happen very often?

I have also been energetically attacked many times. Initially, I tried shielding techniques similar to what you described, but ultimately found that they were not effective for me. Sort of like, if you build a wall, there is always someone bigger to crack it.  I know tend to directly face and engage instead of trying to shield in some way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Pretty intense. Your wife sounds very gifted to pick up something like that. Does calling the higher beings usually vanquish such visitors? What do you get intuitively...? Do you believe they have some goal or reason for something like that? Thanks... Hope

you don’t mind the queries .. my curiousity abounds with an interesting topic like this 😊

I don't mind at all. Yes, calling higher beings helps, but it's important to have an established relationship beforehand. Higher beings will help you if you call out of the blue but they still prefer it if you have a proper relationship. As for my wife, that's a double edged sword. She rarely opens up publicly about her gift. People tend to misunderstand it. Either they don't believe and think she's weird, or they do believe and ask her to give them readings all the time. I tend to leave it alone so when I do ask she knows it's important.

As for the goal? That could be anything. Sometimes it's a family member who wants help but won't ask so they send psychic bombs instead of picking up the phone. Sometimes it's just a curious kid who is roaming the astral plane while dreaming or day dreaming. Sometimes it's malicious in intent, either someone in this life who is angry or an aggrieved spirit from a past life.There are so many things it could be...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I also find it very interesting, and cool that your wife can see such things.  Does it happen very often?

It's a constant occurrence. When she was a kid she had a difficult time telling the living from the dead. Her parents and teachers thought she was mentally challenged because she would speak to nothing (from their point of view). As an adult she has learned to "turn it off" but sometimes images come through. She treats it like a flashlight ( torch for the limey's over the pond ;) ) and can turn it on and off now.

Edit. Are the attacks constant? Heavens no! They happen every few months. Most are quite innocent.

Edited by Lost in Translation

3 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

It's a constant occurrence. When she was a kid she had a difficult time telling the living from the dead. Her parents and teachers thought she was mentally challenged because she would speak to nothing (from their point of view). As an adult she has learned to "turn it off" but sometimes images come through. She treats it like a flashlight ( torch for the limey's over the pond ;) ) and can turn it on and off now.

I have a friend who went through something similar. As a kid, it was way too intense for her - so she learned to shut it off at will (or at least to tone it down). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lost in Translation said:

Can feel her even through your connection to her now.  She probably already knows this (with the flashlight comment), but she is a natural and pretty strong transmitter.  So what she is doing is more like sending out a sonar pulse and getter the reflection (rather than just getting stuff).  Can see how the two of you would make a really good partnership.

Do a lot of these attacks happen when she is around?  Also, separately, can you sort of feel like a constant background connection to her?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Can feel her even through your connection to her now.  She probably already knows this (with the flashlight comment), but she is a natural and pretty strong transmitter.  So what she is doing is more like sending out a sonar pulse and getter the reflection (rather than just getting stuff).  Can see how the two of you would make a really good partnership.

Do a lot of these attacks happen when she is around?  Also, separately, can you sort of feel like a constant background connection to her?

Before I met her I was too dense to understand my feelings. She has helped me lighten up in this regard. I imagine I do feel a connection to her in this regard, but I don't have the subtlety of perception to always understand what I feel. I tend to have a more cerebral approach to these matters.

• Like 1

Just now, Lost in Translation said:

Before I met her I was too dense to understand my feelings. She has helped me lighten up in this regard. I imagine I do feel a connection to her in this regard, but I don't have the subtlety of perception to always understand what I feel. I tend to have a more cerebral approach to these matters.

Her "range" is greater than yours. So something she could "see" would be deeper and subconscious for you.  That subconscious resistance could cause pain.  Kind of like an energy overload.

If you ever want to try an experiment around this with her watching, just let me know. Could help you expand the "energy flow" that you can handle without the pain.  Some of it simply be that your "conscious mind" needs to understand/accept what your "subconscious" is feeling and trying to translate.

• Like 1

On a side-note my fingertips are positively sparkling right now. It feel like I'm holding wires to a 9 volt battery. This thread definitely caught someone's attention.

(I mean this in a good way)

Edited by Lost in Translation
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

On a side-note my fingertips are positively sparkling right now. It feel like I'm holding wires to a 9 volt battery. This thread definitely caught someone's attention.

(I mean this in a good way)

That is actually you simply focusing on me now as you have read the posts.  Can feel you (and your wife downstream) pretty strongly. Let me know if you want me to directly stop by.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If you ever want to try an experiment around this with her watching, just let me know. Could help you expand the "energy flow" that you can handle without the pain.  Some of it simply be that your "conscious mind" needs to understand/accept what your "subconscious" is feeling and trying to translate.

Thank you for the offer. I'm not ready to consider that now but may be open to it in the future. I do like what you write about the conscious mind vs subconscious as relates to translating data. I've been learning about scrying at it is really helping me connect to my unconscious in a way that silent meditation has not been able to.

• Like 2

Fun interaction between you guys. It’s cool to see how energy can immediately transcend distance and any other perceived barrier. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

How does one protect against psychic attacks?

I find it useful to call upon sympathetic spirits such as Kuan Yin or Jesus. Surrounding myself with golden light and visualizing large steel doors slamming shut between me and the attacker seem to help. Sometimes when I'm asleep or just no paying attention some hook or barb will get through. It's annoying.

What methods do other bums use to keep their space clear of such things?

A mirror .... things get reflected back     to their origin .    A bit like your 'surround myself with golden light ' , mine is bluish and reflective.

Then, there are 'guardians and servitors' .  Handy, as they can 'go on duty' without  'you'  even knowing about it  ( hence good for times  of sleep and slack attention ).

I still find a good LBRP effective as well . 

A track record helps  ;    I have had some  admit it , and say they are going to stop it, as it keeps coming back on them. And such 'rumours'   spread .  Once bitten twice shy .

People that have tried it are now sorry . I have warned some ;   on the physical, mental emotional spiritual and magical levels, I am quite  competent at defending myself .  They are wary .   

Here is a good one  (physical level ) ;    a wild  youth  turned up here  some time back,  standing at the door giving me lip, saying "You getting a bit old now, what if a bunch of us came around and did a home invasion  ? "   - cheeky buggar !   But still, one must 'keep their hand in' .   I was sitting back in a lounge chair, my hands behind my head, and against the wall. Stuck in the wall between boards and support pole    was one of my throwing knives. I dont think he even saw my hand subtly take it up.   I bought my arms down and let the knife fly. It stuck in the door jamb next to his head .   yeah - dangerous, but I not having these punks think they can monster me .

He totally freaked out ;  " Whoa man ! Easy, settle down, I was joking ! "

Me;  " Of , so was I . That wasnt serious ... if I had been serious it would have gone through your Adam's apple . "

... and I am sure he told all his mates about it    ;)  

Young punks  .... agro dogs ....   'demons'  .... psychic attacks  .....        similar stuff . 

• Thanks 1

I don’t really do much shielding these days either. Once upon a time, I experimented with many different kinds of things... from Banishing rituals to visualizations. 

For me, they were more trying to block out the “noise” that was around, rather than a specific attack. IE, troubled family members, random strangers. 

Over the years i learned that when something made me uncomfortable, it was more to do with me and my own personal issues. 

On the very rare occasion I feel it’s an actual directed type of thing, I’ll try to face it and accept it. Fighting it makes it worse IMO. 

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

You are having a nice lunch with XGF cause she wanted to shout you a meal for your birthday.  The food is fine but for some strange reason it seems to be suddenly upsetting  your stomach and you feel horribly nauseous.  You get a weird feeling from across the road and look up and over there in a car is  her new boyfriend looking daggers at you ... and  then he suddenly looks down, pretending to be there 'coincidentally'    and not stalking anyone at all .  

1 minute ago, Nungali said:

You are having a nice lunch with XGF cause she wanted to shout you a meal for your birthday.  The food is fine but for some strange reason it seems to be suddenly upsetting  your stomach and you feel horribly nauseous.  You get a weird feeling from across the road and look up and over there in a car is  her new boyfriend looking daggers at you ... and  then he suddenly looks down, pretending to be there 'coincidentally'    and not stalking anyone at all .  

Just eating lunch alone ... nothing to see here ... lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

and what ?  .... you just leave it at that  ????    wtf ? 

Sorry but ....  "Owww  my eye ! "

" Oh yea, there is a shadowy figure behind you . "

" Is there ?  Damn ! "

...    and  then  ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Yes  -   and  ( since your curiosity abounds  )  for other such rules laws and guidelines  ( if you do not have a background in evocative magic ) see

https://www.searchwithin.org/download/presence_spirits.pdf

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Fun interaction between you guys. It’s cool to see how energy can immediately transcend distance and any other perceived barrier. 

Like the internet  ?     :) 

11 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Just eating lunch alone ... nothing to see here ... lol

:D  

Funny, because I am a stickler for correcting  'projective language ' 

Shall we go again  :

I was  having a nice lunch with XGF cause she wanted to shout me  a meal for my  birthday.  .......  

• Haha 1

Just now, Nungali said:

Like the internet  ?     :) 

Oh no, we have FiOS here... any energy work I do is top speed and zero lag! 😀

Just now, Nungali said:

:D  

Funny, because I am a stickler for correcting  'projective language ' 

Shall we go again  :

I was  having a nice lunch with XGF cause she wanted to shout me  a meal for my  birthday.  .......  

Oops! I thought the other guy was in the restaurant with you - but he was in the car ! I can’t even blame that on my laggy internet now ! 😅