Lightseeker

Sadhguru can blow your brain off physically?!

In the video below, Sadhguru talks about the spine. From 5:00 onwards, he says, “ if I touch your spine your brain will go into a tizzy...it will blow your head off... the spine is the bodies root.” Can anyone make sense of this? What does he mean? Will he send energy through the spine?

Edited by Lightseeker

My read of him says he can not, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have good qualities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

Can you explain?

You know, we could play this game for a long time.  I'll give you a hint.  Instead of saying can I explain you could say something like:  explain, or please explain.

Anyway, the game's over.  Let's wait till my internet allows Utube to arrive here in the wilderness then I'll explain.

Ah, it just arrived.

Edited by Starjumper

12 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

You know, we could play this game for a long time.  I'll give you a hint.  Instead of saying can I explain you could say something like:  explain, or please explain.

Anyway, the game's over.  Let's wait till my internet allows Utube to arrive here in the wilderness then I'll explain.

Ah, it just arrived.

If it has arrived then may you please explain?

On 8/10/2018 at 4:39 PM, Lightseeker said:

In the video below, Sadhguru talks about the spine. From 5:00 onwards, he says, “ if I touch your spine your brain will go into a tizzy...it will blow your head off... the spine is the bodies root.” Can anyone make sense of this? What does he mean? Will he send energy through the spine?

In my experience: It sounds to me like , Sadhguru is talking about popping a kundelini, which could give a person a real head rush if they are not prepared for it. The kundelini popping out would be metaphysical, all though the effects have been known to appear physically. When my kundalini popped out first my head then body vibrated for several hours. I was prepared and relaxed so it felt weird but it didn't hurt.:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clarifying information

it is  stupid and egotistical to brag about such things in a public or private manner...thus we have a person with some experience who has gone bad or is being foolish regardless of his experience, white beard, robes and knowledge.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Max Christensen once gave us the advice: "Cut your head off".

I didn't have to ask how he meant it. ;)

As for Sadhguru, I can only roughly convey my point that I am sensing more bullshit in him than in Adyashanti. (Thus my teacher preference.) I am about as skeptically reserved about Sadhguru as I am about Eckhard Tolle. Although Sadhguru is apparently a lot more knowledgeable and philosophically potent than Tolle, who seems to be an utter one-trick pony. But both are touching less than ideal energies with their approach to self-marketing.

Edited by Owledge

I get bad vibes off this Sadhguru character. Just like those neo-advaita satsang types. Selling ££$$ the idea of enlightenment to glassy eyed gullible western seekers who hang off their every word. Quite sad.

He has some real power and sends an energy transmission at the level of the 6th chakra (third eye). So when he transmits it at the base of the spine, the energy is really hitting the 3rd eye, but at the physical body layer it feels like it rises up the spine. Depending on the issues and fears of the person obstructing the flow, it will feel like a slight tingle up to a powerful push (or nothing at all). Actually, a person who feels a slight tingle is actually more “clear” person.

6 hours ago, lifeforce said:

I get bad vibes off this Sadhguru character. Just like those neo-advaita satsang types. Selling ££$$ the idea of enlightenment to glassy eyed gullible western seekers who hang off their every word. Quite sad.

He's not a bad guy imho. Many people  I know personally have greatly and positively been impacted by his teachings and methods. And furthermore, his organization does social and environmental work, such as re-forestation, projects to clean rivers of pollutants, alternative education. His target audiences are typically indian/people of indian origin. 

His way of speaking can surely cause irritation in people (and used to in me). But we have to look beyond the superficial and stop being too judgmental ;) 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2