Lightseeker

Wolf Messing - a Jedi by all standards.

Most of you probably won’t know who this is. Wolf Messing is a psychic who lived in Russia about  60 years ago. He possessed incredible abilities, 2 of which I have written about below. If anyone can TELL he how he did these and similar feats, as always I would be very grateful.

— Show me what you can do, — said Stalin. — Come visit me tomorrow out at my country-house. It’s simple. Judging by your reputation, you won’t even need a permit.

The next day, Messing passed unabatedly through all the security checks to Stalin's country-house. He convinced the guards that he was Commissioner General of State Security Beria, and thus he was able to pass through all the cordons.

The next test was more difficult. Stalin ordered Messing to go the state bank and take out one hundred thousand roubles, just like that, without a single document. When the day came, Messing drove to the central bank, entered the room, showed the cashier a blank sheet of paper and asked him to give him one hundred thousand roubles. The cashier did everything he asked. The magician put the money in the briefcase and returned to the Kremlin.

Stuff like that comes from a very developed 5th (throat) chakra. Basically, a powerful transmission/communication that one projects on to others. You find many powerful leaders have it naturally. Kind of a “reality distortion field” that military commanders would use to motivate and lead soldiers into battle. Business leaders like Steve Jobs had a similar kind of capability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Stuff like that comes from a very developed 5th (throat) chakra. Basically, a powerful transmission/communication that one projects on to others. You find many powerful leaders have it naturally. Kind of a “reality distortion field” that military commanders would use to motivate and lead soldiers into battle. Business leaders like Steve Jobs had a similar kind of capability.

Hmm. Would you say it’s a developed throat or ajna (third eye)? I always believed such psychic abilities to be third eye based

Just now, Lightseeker said:

Hmm. Would you say it’s a developed throat or ajna (third eye)? I always believed such psychic abilities to be third eye based

Ajna is about perceiving. It is translating the energy into your (local) mind into things you can see or hear. Maybe think of it like a sonar system, the throat is the outbound transmission pulse, and the ajna is the reflection coming back and translating. Many of what people call 3rd eye stuff is really a combination of aspects of chakras 4-7.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The obsession itself should pass.... if it weren't for people feeding it. -_-

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lifeforce said:

What is the obsession with 'special powers' Lightseeker ?

It is in its simplicity, a fascination for the unknown. I am simply astounded by individuals like Rasputin, who purely through their magnetic ability were able to control and manipulate everything and everyone they came into contact with, even the Tsars! Wolf Messing, Osho, Gurdjieff, and countless others had this same power. I don’t consider it be “evil” in itself. I find it actually, to be quite symmetrical to the amazement which encourages most to walk the path of enlightenment or meditation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zork said:

The obsession itself should pass.... if it weren't for people feeding it. -_-

That’s true, however if not here on this forum, there exist a myriad of others which will be searched until I find an answer

Here is an article by William Bodri explaining psychic powers / 3rd eye opening and the importance of not clinging to them: 

https://www.meditationexpert.com/meditation-techniques/m_third_eye_meditation.html

"[...]That's why only advanced meditators who have practiced meditation for years, and whose Chi channels or acupuncture meridians are thereby somewhat cleansed because of the prior groundwork, or people who are naturally gifted with emptiness achievement to some extent, accomplish any of the psychic abilities that are often reported to occur from this practice. Remember that the point is not to develop superpowers and go down that route, for the line between mental illness and superpowers is thin indeed. This is why true saints never emphasize them for you end up clinging to them and playing with them without even knowing it.[...]"

Edited by phil
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

That’s true, however if not here on this forum, there exist a myriad of others which will be searched until I find an answer

Be my guest. These are answers you will never find on the internet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lightseeker said:

Have you searched?

Yes.

Before you can develop your powers of persuasion you need to learn how to selectively make yourself visible or invisible. Here is an exercise you can practice.

Find a very crowded place. A bus terminal or airport will work, as will a busy sidewalk or shopping alley. Place yourself in the middle of the crowd and stand very still. Imagine that you are invisible. Feel yourself being invisible. Know that no one can see you. As you stand there notice the people as they pass by. Do they see you, or are you simply part of the background scenery to them? Do this for many minutes, at least twenty or thirty.

Now take a break. After your break return to the same place. Now imagine that you are very big, very noticeable. You are so big that everyone can see you. Everyone will notice you. Know that you are so big that you are in everyone's way. Observe the people as they pass by now. Do they see you? Are they annoyed by you? Do they bump you, or speak to you? Do this for many minutes.

With practice you will begin to see how you can project or withdraw yourself from the consciousness of other peoples. This is the first step towards what you seek.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Before you can develop your powers of persuasion you need to learn how to selectively make yourself visible or invisible. Here is an exercise you can practice.

Find a very crowded place. A bus terminal or airport will work, as will a busy sidewalk or shopping alley. Place yourself in the middle of the crowd and stand very still. Imagine that you are invisible. Feel yourself being invisible. Know that no one can see you. As you stand there notice the people as they pass by. Do they see you, or are you simply part of the background scenery to them? Do this for many minutes, at least twenty or thirty.

Now take a break. After your break return to the same place. Now imagine that you are very big, very noticeable. You are so big that everyone can see you. Everyone will notice you. Know that you are so big that you are in everyone's way. Observe the people as they pass by now. Do they see you? Are they annoyed by you? Do they bump you, or speak to you? Do this for many minutes.

With practice you will begin to see how you can project or withdraw yourself from the consciousness of other peoples. This is the first step towards what you seek.

I will do this, thank you.

14 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

And you couldn’t find anything.. then where did you learn?

99% of what you will find in the internet is material from deluded people who have no idea what they are doing.

The ones who know won't tell anything because they are forbidden to do so by their teachers.

As i said be my guest and annoy other people at other places on the internet. You won't have the answers you seek.

And in case you are wondering about the 1%. Yes sometimes there are some answers out there. But you lack the understanding to sift through all the detritus to find out who is serious and who isn't.

How can you gain understanding?

That's the beauty! You can't force it!

It comes with time and experience. Some people gain it faster than others.

Edited by Zork
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightseeker said:

It is in its simplicity, a fascination for the unknown. I am simply astounded by individuals like Rasputin, who purely through their magnetic ability were able to control and manipulate everything and everyone they came into contact with, even the Tsars!

But it wasn't everything and everyone, or he wouldn't have been murdered. 

And as for the Tsars, they were parents with a very sick child..

5 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

But it wasn't everything and everyone, or he wouldn't have been murdered. 

And as for the Tsars, they were parents with a very sick child..

You are correct. He did possess a great deal of magnetism though. Look at Wolf and Gurdjieff, they didn’t go through as tragic of a circumstance as Rasputin, the payoff is they don’t have their own song... Gurdjieff has even said in the past that he had the power to rob a man of all his money, by convincing him to hand it over.

12 minutes ago, Cheshire Cat said:

What if the story is simply made up? 

This story is made up. You have no idea of who Stalin was. 

I’ve mentioned other people in the past with similar stories. Do you suggest all of them are made up?

Everyday modern media is far more persuasive and pervasive than any man of the past.

Disney alone is far more persuasive of far more people than Rasputin ever was.

Such that most of what people believe is true today is taken as "true" without any facts to back any of it up.

-VonKrankenhaus

3 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I’ve mentioned other people in the past with similar stories. Do you suggest all of them are made up?

There are fake stories featuring real people and there are real stories made by scam artists.

OK Lightseeker, you're finally forcing it out of me.  Here is my good buddy Sad Guru telling about the powers you are interested in.

• Like 2

He's the man, Sadhguru had me at his first smile.  Beyond words, you watch his stillness. 

I suppose in the context of this thread, his answer on psychic powers was go beyond the intellect.  Into the space he called shiba(shiva?), yet we can't do that because we lack the years of training and are too attached to our thoughts.  

Maybe lack of accumulated 'grace' too.  There are times the physical world seems to bend for holy men and saints.  Not consistently or necessarily on command but at times it bows.  And being a saint/holy is something you can't fake.. not to the Universe anyway. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

OK Lightseeker, you're finally forcing it out of me.  Here is my good buddy Sad Guru telling about the powers you are interested in.

Thank you, I’ve already watched the video. I’m going to added a topic  about Sadhguru in General Discussion now, perhaps you can answer it.