Earl Grey

Indonesian Shaman Keeps Sex Slave

1 minute ago, Aetherous said:

99% of the time it's a sham.

I wouldn't go that far but I won't disagree with you.

• Like 1

I should say more than just that. Spiritual leaders are just human beings, too...no one is perfect. (In this particular case I should caveat that sometimes they could be said to be "less than human".) Often times spiritual skills are just parlor tricks, or are simply stories that are told and believed. When we enter the spiritual marketplace, we have to be more rational and even skeptical than the average person if we don't want to be fooled...but what often happens is that spiritual seekers are the number one type of person who will fall for things. They already believe without seeing for themselves (since the spiritual is the unmanifest), so of course tricksters will prey on them easily.

How often have we seen the fallen guru archetype play out? At a certain point, you just get sick of hearing of these people, and tend to not believe any of them any more. For instance, "Sadhguru" of Isha...I just look at him as the next Osho, even if he hasn't been caught yet.

When dealing with spiritual stuff, it should be highly rational and sensible. Practical. We should always go into it knowing that the teacher isn't any better than us, and if they're said to have some ability, we should always question the truth of that in every way.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 3

To pick up on these things you need spherical awareness... intuition, full being listening not just hearing what is said.  Can't just listen with your ears and expect to pick up this kind of stuff early.  Usually it's as Marble says after the fact... and we only know after the cat jumps out of the bag, usually into our face all claws teeth and screaming like...

I used to beat myself up when I didn't pick up on these things early.  No longer.  It simply means I'm still open and trusting and they were hiding stuff well.

Edited by silent thunder
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Okay Aetherous.   I will boldly agree with that.

Test and try before you buy.

Edited by Marblehead

1 hour ago, Aetherous said:

I should say more than just that. Spiritual leaders are just human beings, too...no one is perfect. (In this particular case I should caveat that sometimes they could be said to be "less than human".) Often times spiritual skills are just parlor tricks, or are simply stories that are told and believed. When we enter the spiritual marketplace, we have to be more rational and even skeptical than the average person if we don't want to be fooled...but what often happens is that spiritual seekers are the number one type of person who will fall for things. They already believe without seeing for themselves (since the spiritual is the unmanifest), so of course tricksters will prey on them easily.

How often have we seen the fallen guru archetype play out? At a certain point, you just get sick of hearing of these people, and tend to not believe any of them any more. For instance, "Sadhguru" of Isha...I just look at him as the next Osho, even if he hasn't been caught yet.

When dealing with spiritual stuff, it should be highly rational and sensible. Practical. We should always go into it knowing that the teacher isn't any better than us, and if they're said to have some ability, we should always question the truth of that in every way.

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to call a shaman a spiritual leader.  A shaman may be nothing more than someone who knows about local medicinal herbs, someone who may or may not have talked with some spirits, but is not necessarily spiritually advanced.  To me spiritually advanced mean emotional maturity, and along with emotional maturity comes an honorable character.

• Like 6

" So, our fellah (   kadaitcha,  ;   shaman / witch doctor / etc )  was away on important business  and this other one turns up, he was fierce !  He went up back and camped in the head of this valley. Bad fellah, he stole a little girl and had her up there. We could hear her screaming.  Some of them men went up there, but even a group of them were horribly beaten by him So we sent for help. Well, our guy turned up here the next day, all painted up and with a war club, "Where is he ?"

' Up the valley "  I told him.  " He goes  'Right ! "  and set off in a run. "

That night we could hear them fighting up there, it was terrible, they flew up into the sky and were fighting there, they used thunder and lightning on each other ... a huge storm.  We were so scared we hid under the bed , Mum and dad did to , we were terrified !   Then it stopped ... all quiet.     Waited a while, we didnt know what to do, the  eventually ;  bam bam bam  on the door .  Well, who won, was it our fellah or the other, come down to get me too !  I opened the door and, thank God, it was our Kadiatcha , covered in blood, he had the little girl with him and pushed her into the room. He said : " That fellah, he won;t be giving you no more trouble, and hen he left . "

- story told to me by Uncle Link - Bundgalung elder  about his early childood .  His wife,  Aunty Pauline lived in the same place, she told me she never saw a white person until she was 16 .    And it waan't   that   long ago !   (  They would be in their  to late 80s .  )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2018 at 3:12 AM, Nungali said:

" So, our fellah (   kadaitcha,  ;   shaman / witch doctor / etc )  was away on important business  and this other one turns up, he was fierce !  He went up back and camped in the head of this valley. Bad fellah, he stole a little girl and had her up there. We could hear her screaming.  Some of them men went up there, but even a group of them were horribly beaten by him So we sent for help. Well, our guy turned up here the next day, all painted up and with a war club, "Where is he ?"

' Up the valley "  I told him.  " He goes  'Right ! "  and set off in a run. "

That night we could hear them fighting up there, it was terrible, they flew up into the sky and were fighting there, they used thunder and lightning on each other ... a huge storm.  We were so scared we hid under the bed , Mum and dad did to , we were terrified !   Then it stopped ... all quiet.     Waited a while, we didnt know what to do, the  eventually ;  bam bam bam  on the door .  Well, who won, was it our fellah or the other, come down to get me too !  I opened the door and, thank God, it was our Kadiatcha , covered in blood, he had the little girl with him and pushed her into the room. He said : " That fellah, he won;t be giving you no more trouble, and hen he left . "

- story told to me by Uncle Link - Bundgalung elder  about his early childood .  His wife,  Aunty Pauline lived in the same place, she told me she never saw a white person until she was 16 .    And it waan't   that   long ago !   (  They would be in their  to late 80s .  )

Love the story. “Feels” authentic. Where to find a True Man these days? 

It still happens .   I was visiting some  people at their camp .  Its a 'no grog camp ' - alcohol and being drunk is forbidden - go somewhere else and do that !    So, at this place, culture  and tradition still had great value.

' Uncle Lewi ' is   an old friend of mine but also a local guardian and  custodian and elder.    This car comes careering into camp, with a drunk driver, a young guy, and some others, it drives around dangerously and a little girl got frightened and ran away, and fell over a log and hurt her knee. As soon as that happened everything changed. people where  'Oh -O ! "  The car took off.

Later at night , Uncle Lewi says he has to 'go do business'  .  He puts on face pain and a design and grabs a traditional club that indicates 'policeman mode' . Some others drive him to the main settlement (where the car came from ) . He goes up to the door and bashes on it with his club. The father comes out -furious, sees the 'policeman signs' and  lowers his head.

"Where is he ? "

"In the bathroom "

The guy had locked himself in the bath room so  'tribal policeman '  kicks the door in and  .....    

Later he said he didnt even have to beat him ,  the 'kid' pissed himself.....     next time though ! 

And business is taken care off .    Same thing used to happen in other places ; the old men in Indonesia ;  "me and Felix, we walk around town at night , any naughty boys, we tap them with our stick and send them home to mother ".

These men where in their 70s, the 'boys' were gangs of youths, some with face scars from knife fighting - I would cross the street to avoid them .

Nowadays youths run rampant and pick on the old and defenceless ...  any men that address the problem get prosecuted .

Indeed, where are the 'men' ?

• Like 2

There has been a gradual dilution of manhood, I’m an embarrassment to my fathers generation. He was a sailor in WWII was on the U.S.S. Missouri when the treaty was signed with Japan. There was no bullshit taken back then, elders were feared and respected as it should be and order was kept because of this. Nowadays I look at millennials and whatever the hell the next progressively weaker generation is and I am embarassed by them but I’m nothing compared to the ability, grace, and bearing that my father and uncles were. But you know what? I’m getting it back, through cultivation, fitness, learning, and most of all wisdom. 👊. It can be found, remade, and recast in iron in our bodies, minds, and spirits. Those True men, where are they? We must  become them, for our fathers and for our children. The world is not yet lost to us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yugenphoenix said:

Those True men, where are they?

Well, I'm still here.  Can't do all the things I used to but I can tell the stories.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, yugenphoenix said:

There has been a gradual dilution of manhood, I’m an embarrassment to my fathers generation. He was a sailor in WWII was on the U.S.S. Missouri when the treaty was signed with Japan. There was no bullshit taken back then, elders were feared and respected as it should be and order was kept because of this. Nowadays I look at millennials and whatever the hell the next progressively weaker generation is and I am embarassed by them but I’m nothing compared to the ability, grace, and bearing that my father and uncles were. But you know what? I’m getting it back, through cultivation, fitness, learning, and most of all wisdom. 👊. It can be found, remade, and recast in iron in our bodies, minds, and spirits. Those True men, where are they? We must  become them, for our fathers and for our children. The world is not yet lost to us. 

100%!

On 8/13/2018 at 10:31 AM, yugenphoenix said:

There has been a gradual dilution of manhood

This is a fact that is actually the reason we have Art of Manliness to show us rites and rituals and what it means to be a man as opposed to being a male, and this is derived from historical analysis from Rome and antiquity. 

It is a site that is neither Feminist nor anti-Feminist because it works with classical values that the modern world has eroded into rubbish such as how many women can we bed and how heavy are the weights we lift, and at worse can be like the Return of Kings site or even the so-called "Men's Rights" movement that have thrown the baby out with the bath water, and plagues us on the magazine rack with Maxim or FHM.

To be a man is to embody the sacred masculine, the warrior, the king, the magician, and the lover. It is to earn through virtue and sacrifice to be more than just our sex organs

To be this shaman who is focused on his sex organs and may have learned a few skills in the metaphysical world is disgusting and I have encountered many people who claim powers and offer "healing" to women and seek instead to manipulate and sexually dominate them. 

They are not shamans. They are not men. They are no worth the dirt they walk on and taint with their soul blight. And I have made it a point to de-activate these poor wastes of Y-chromosomes and corruption of the Gift of the metaphysical worlds. 

i'm indonesian, and as far as i know,there are just too many "shaman" that end up being jailed for trickeries. From my point of view, if i were to go to any shaman, i'd come with whole bag of scepticism, and if there's money talk, or sex talk, then its bogus. the real deal will accept anything (even only word of gratitude) or nothing at all. But this topic is quite new to me, most cases that went to news are about tricking women to have sex with him, or scamming money (like doubling the money given to him)

The 'Indian guru' had a great run with that 'stuff'  in the 70s and 80s  - here is an amusing read on it ;

1726956.jpg

" ...  an English aristocrat who had heard about a guru in the mountains who was reported to be able to turn urine into scented rose water. And so this Englishman went out to find the guru and sampled his wares, which, it turned out, smelt and tasted remarkably like urine. "

:o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1